Reduced slots

Loki3069

Reduced slots

Post by Loki3069 »

Why did the slots for fs22 go from 5155 to 4400

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Rasping rabbit

Re: Reduced slots

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Loki3069 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:49 pm Why did the slots for fs22 go from 5155 to 4400

“Map slot count is now calculated correctly, which will further prevent crashes on older hardware when loading into heavy save games“

It was changed in the last patch a few weeks ago.
Loki3069

Post by Loki3069 »

I never saw a problem for the xbox series x I never experienced a crash and don't understand stand the change for that platform
NewHollandLegend

Post by NewHollandLegend »

We still have plenty of slots to play around with especially on a single player save game. I’m assuming multiplayer games are little more dicey than usual. Hopefully that’s the last slot reduction that’s needed.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Doesn’t matter…it didn’t fix the crash because that wasn’t the issue! They don’t listen to players…so now the big reason I bought this game, is changed back to almost fs19
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Loki3069 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:30 am I never saw a problem for the xbox series x I never experienced a crash and don't understand stand the change for that platform
Me either I've been playing since release on the series x with no problems I can see reducing them on older consoles but the new ones can handle it
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I, personally, have had zero crashes on a 6 year old Xbox One and I load mods at will, up to 48%, so far.I, also, have no real issues with stuttering. Why? I do not know.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I think last gen Xbox’s came out the best on this release for some reason. I am on a One X and the only issue I have had was 1 pallet falling into the floor within the first week of launch, which I fixed in a few minutes.

If I didn’t come on here or watch Mr Sealyp I wouldn’t know there was anything wrong with the game 😆
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:40 pm
Loki3069 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:49 pm Why did the slots for fs22 go from 5155 to 4400

“Map slot count is now calculated correctly, which will further prevent crashes on older hardware when loading into heavy save games“

It was changed in the last patch a few weeks ago.
The map slot count shouldn't have made the total slots go down by more than 700. Now on Elm Creek they added the 700+ to the map and lowered the total to 4400.We got a double penalty. So in reality we lost 1400+ slots with one whack. And everything went up in slot count.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

As was mentioned in my earlier post, unless I misunderstand, it isn’t the “older” consoles (at least in the Xbox world) causing problems. We bought ours in 2016 at the latest, so six years ago. As I mentioned, I’m having virtually NO stuttering and NO crashes. I load tons of mods and try them out. I have no less than three maps downloaded at a time. My percentage runs around 50% most of the time.

I do not understand the comment the slot count was “fixed” to help “older consoles.” It sounds like trying to justify an error and choosing the easiest target.

I am not as savvy as many of you, so I may be full of blue mud, but it just makes no sense to me. Also, I’d wish Giants would explain how this could be happening with all the testing they do. And, yes, there is a certain amount of tongue in cheek in my statement about “all the testing”. Seriously, I don’t think this is an intentional bait and switch, but it feels bad anyway.

I WANT MY SLOTS BACK! 😤