FS22 More and bigger contacts.

cwattyeso

Re: FS22 More and bigger contacts.

Post by cwattyeso »

See Paul I kinda disagree with that, in my 600 hours with the game so far I have found very little incentive to undertake and do contracts on Giants maps, and really have only found Calmsden Farm to have nice paying contracts in my travels and look at mod maps. I feel and find I spend more of my time in game working my own fields and getting my own crops, because they ultimately make way more money, especially when combined with the production chains. I find I very rarely even look at the contract screen when playing any of my single player saves, because I know the money is going to be stuff and it's not going to be worth my time doing them. I can make more money from my fields and productions in the same time it takes to do a contract. In multiplayer I might do the occasional large field harvest contract or large field cultivating/seeding contract if I log on and find my own farm has nothing to do currently, however that's about the only time I touch contracts because of the pricing.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:22 pm See Paul I kinda disagree with that, in my 600 hours with the game so far I have found very little incentive to undertake and do contracts on Giants maps, and really have only found Calmsden Farm to have nice paying contracts in my travels and look at mod maps. I feel and find I spend more of my time in game working my own fields and getting my own crops, because they ultimately make way more money, especially when combined with the production chains. I find I very rarely even look at the contract screen when playing any of my single player saves, because I know the money is going to be stuff and it's not going to be worth my time doing them. I can make more money from my fields and productions in the same time it takes to do a contract. In multiplayer I might do the occasional large field harvest contract or large field cultivating/seeding contract if I log on and find my own farm has nothing to do currently, however that's about the only time I touch contracts because of the pricing.
Do you have any numbers? And are you playing on EASY or HARD settings (since the numbers will be different for each)?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I play on either Normal or Hard difficulty across my three single player saves of Elm Creek, Haut Beyleron and Calmsden Farm and the Multiplayer is set to Hard Difficulty on the Elm Creek by Stevie Map. I also must say I don't like many people use the system of taking contracts and then having AI workers doing them in the background. I have a rule in my series now, if I take a contract only I can do it, no workers/courseplay allowed. So that might give you more of an insight into why I've barely touched any contracts in the last month or two in my series, because I just value my time and work much more highly then what the in game contracts offer, and as a wise person once said "If you are good at something, don't do it for free." so until the AI stumps up and fronts up some proper money, I stick to my own farm work.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Do you have any numbers?
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

Downloaded the mod for refresh the contracts screen.. Can see an X to refresh.. But when pushed nothing happens.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
raran

Post by raran »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:21 pm I play on either Normal or Hard difficulty across my three single player saves of Elm Creek, Haut Beyleron and Calmsden Farm and the Multiplayer is set to Hard Difficulty on the Elm Creek by Stevie Map. I also must say I don't like many people use the system of taking contracts and then having AI workers doing them in the background. I have a rule in my series now, if I take a contract only I can do it, no workers/courseplay allowed. So that might give you more of an insight into why I've barely touched any contracts in the last month or two in my series, because I just value my time and work much more highly then what the in game contracts offer, and as a wise person once said "If you are good at something, don't do it for free." so until the AI stumps up and fronts up some proper money, I stick to my own farm work.

Farmers are notoriuos when it comes to avoiding hard work, even putting kids that don't get paid apart from the food on the table on the tractors. So i see no problem in using CP for contracts. :lol:
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

The in video/roleplay reason for me not using AI Workers or Courseplay for doing Contracts is that whilst I'm happy to let them loose on my own fields and put up with their mistakes, I can't allow them to do that on other people's property and receive payment for them doing so. If I take a contract, then that is a business deal between myself and the AI Farmer, who is paying me to assist them and provide my expertise in getting a job done for them, that they can't do themself for whatever reason.
paul_c wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:34 pm Do you have any numbers?
Default Giants Elm Creek Map from my presently on hiatus let's play series without any contract mods installed, set to Hard Difficulty. Field 68 on the map 19.81 acres, Harvesting Contract for Oat only offering £9,024 for it's completion.
Field 70 on the map 19.96 acres, Cultivating Contract only offering £5,468 for it's completion.
Field 23 on the map 10.69 acres, Ploughing Contract only offering £4,606 for it's completion.

That's just probably the three biggest fields, with the most time consuming tasks for a player and the pay is a joke, especially for those last two contracts, because ploughing and cultivating takes an age with vanilla game equipment or contract offered leased equipment, plus if you use your own equipment you then suffer the penalty of having your equipment wrecked by the stones that are always present on AI fields, so end up with much higher maintenance and repair costs as well after doing the contracts. So when you factor in all the economics and consider everything, the contracts are not worth doing when you could be doing your own fields and producing your own stuff.

One thing I'm finding in FS22 this time around compared to FS19, is rather then doing contracts, I am happier to spend more time mowing and producing silage and stuff instead, as if you can bulk stockpile that and sell it at the highest point in the year you can make a lot of good money, far more then you'd get from contracts in the same period.

In my Calmsden series first months of the save, I mowed the grass area I owned from the outset of the same, made 232 silage bales from that, sold it in November and made £853,000 from the sale. I could not have made that much money from doing contracts between the August Start and that day three months later when I sold the bales.

MK_McD

Post by MK_McD »

Xtrememaster wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:40 am Downloaded the mod for refresh the contracts screen.. Can see an X to refresh.. But when pushed nothing happens.
There might not be anything that needs to be done but sometimes you need to press it more than once for new contracts to appear.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Hmmmm that's odd, when I looked at pay rates I found (consistently):

Sowing £2180/Ha
Harvesting £1500/Ha
Cultivating £1500/Ha
Ploughing £2100/Ha
Fert* £1585/Ha
Herb* £1350/Ha

* Excludes input cost (ie gross)

That was on Calmsden Farm, I think it was before patch 1.3 though - maybe it altered them? IIRC contract pay rates did not alter according to economic difficulty selected.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

The mod RealLifeNumbers has a script that will allow you to adjust the pay rates for contract services. If you don't want to use the other scripts in the mod, simply comment them out as described in modDesc.xml. The mod reads the rates from an xml file so you can have different contract rates for different savegames. The rates listed below are from real-life contractors. The distribution zip file includes documents about contract rates.

In its intended use, RealLifeNumbers assumes that you are playing on HARD economical level. Please note, that RealLifeNumbers has not been developed for multiplayer mode. Despite of this, I'm told that some aspects will work on multiplayer servers.

Code: Select all

<!--
	Mod: FS22_RealLifeNumbers by Kaj-Aage Henneberg "Ki", ArmChairFarming
	Script: RealNumbersContractRewards by Kaj-Aage Henneberg "Ki", ArmChairFarming
	e-mail: removed
	Download: www.modhoster.com
	All rights reserved.
	Region: France
	Version 1.0.0.9 
	26-11-2021

An xml file for setting contract/mission parameters

The script is aimed at players who wants to roleplay as a full time contractor
	In this way it is assumed that the player owns his own equipment and probably 
	equipment a little bigger than the typical farmer, who use his/her equipment
	on less land.

The rates per hectare listed here and used in the xml file are taken from real-life
	contractors. They are not based on the costs of the FS22 game.

In the FS22 game it is possible to take on a contract, and then lease the equipment
	with a deduction on the final reward.

The script allows the mod user to specify the deduction as a combination of
	(1) a flat rate plus (2) a rate per hectare.

vehichleUseCost = vehicleBaseCostScale * vehicleBaseCost + fieldArea * vehicleUseCostPerHa

A mission is defined with a vehicleBaseCost. With the parameter vehicleBaseCostScale
	the fixed cost can be scales up or down. 

If you would like the vehicleUseCost also to depend on the field area, then assign
	a value to the parameter vehicleUseCostPerHa.

Jobs with reimbursement: sow, fertilize, spray.

In this script the cost of seed, fertilicer and herbicide is added to the reward, and the 
	reimbursementPerHa is set to zero. It therefore looks like these jobs are very well paid
	but a large fraction is to cover your expense to seed, fertilizer and herbicide. As farmer
	as I can see from the game parameters, the vanilla FS22 does not pay reimbursement for seed. 

Harvest has a contract rate that depends ont he field size. You can specify rewardPerHa
	for small fields, intermediate fields and for large field. You can set the limit
	between small and intermediate fields with the parameter SMALL_FIELD, and the limit
	between intermediate and large fields with LARGE_FIELD. The reward for small fields
	is called REWARD_PER_HA_SMALL and the reward for large fields is called REWARD_PER_HA_WIDE.

A silage job includes		: mowing, windrowing, baling, wrapping, bale chasing
	A hay job includes		: mowing, tedding, windrowing, baling, bale chasing

To set the contract rate for silage, add up all relevant fees and assign it to REWARD_PER_HA_SILAGE
	To set the contract rate for hay, add up all relevant fees and assign it to REWARD_PER_HA_HAY

Fees for baling, wrapping and bale chasing is always given on a per bale basis. Here these
	rates are converted to a per hectare basis, assuming 10 bales per hectare.
	The number of bales per hectare can vary from map to map and also depends on the size of the bale.
	You should adjust the numbers to fit the typical number of bales per hectare on the map you play.

Supply transport

In this script rewards for transporting supply depends on the volume 

reward = UNIT_REWARD * SQRT(contractLiters/UNIT_VOLUME)

With this price setting you get a higher reward per liter for small volumes. For volumes
	larger than the UNIT_VOLUME, the reward per liter decreases.

The goods price is the seasonal goods price scaled by a random number between 
	randomScaleMin and randomScaleMax.

If randomScaleMin is less than 1, then random fluctuation can reduce the sell price.
	If randomScaleMin is set to 1, then random fluctuation can only increase the price.
	By default randomScaleMin = 0.9 and randomScaleMax = 1.1 in which case the script 
	produces a +/- 10% deviation from the seasonal price.
-->

<missionTypes>

<missionType name="mow_bale" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="78" REWARD_PER_HA_SILAGE="204" REWARD_PER_HA_HAY="154" REWARD_PER_METER="0.010"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="plow" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="81"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="cultivate" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="48"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="sow" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="61"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="harvest" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="112"  LARGE_FIELD="15" REWARD_PER_HA_WIDE="100" SMALL_FIELD="5" REWARD_PER_HA_SMALL="123"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="weed" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="6"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="spray" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="17"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="fertilize" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="14"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="transport">
		<reward REWARD_PER_METER="0.010" REWARD_PER_OBJECT="50"/>
	</missionType> 

<missionType name="supplyTransport">
		<reward UNIT_REWARD="100" UNIT_VOLUME="10000" randomScaleMin="0.9" randomScaleMax="1.1"/>
	</missionType> 
</missionTypes>
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Tried looking at the Real Life Numbers mod today and am not seeing that code anywhere in the scripts within the mod nor am I seeing any xml files being created in my save folder or modsettings folder with options to change values. I looked at the ContractRewardsLua and it looks nothing like what you posted in the code box above and frankly as I have zero LUA knowledge I'm at a complete loss as to what to edit and where to begin changing values in that to make the contracts pay more money.

Just need to a modder to come up with a much simpler and easier mod for changing the contract price multiplier that is absolutely dummy proof to edit by the user. Maybe one that adds a nice little xml file for the different contract rates in the save folder that players can then edit to change the multiplier. That way they can customise each and every save to their liking without needing to mess with the actual mods lua scripts or whatever.

kahfs

Post by kahfs »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:29 pm Tried looking at the Real Life Numbers mod today and am not seeing that code anywhere in the scripts within the mod nor am I seeing any xml files being created in my save folder or modsettings folder with options to change values. I looked at the ContractRewardsLua and it looks nothing like what you posted in the code box above and frankly as I have zero LUA knowledge I'm at a complete loss as to what to edit and where to begin changing values in that to make the contracts pay more money.

Just need to a modder to come up with a much simpler and easier mod for changing the contract price multiplier that is absolutely dummy proof to edit by the user. Maybe one that adds a nice little xml file for the different contract rates in the save folder that players can then edit to change the multiplier. That way they can customise each and every save to their liking without needing to mess with the actual mods lua scripts or whatever.
Please read the instructions on installations in the zip distribution. In the modSettings folder, create a folder called RealLifeNumbers. Inside this folder create a savegamex folder, where x is the number of the savegame you play. Let us say you play on savegame6. Then the folder in modSettings/RealLifeNumbers should be named savegame6.

Locate the xml files you want to use. There are France, UK and US versions in the zip distribution. Copy them over to folder modSettings/RealLifeNumber/savegame6. Hope this makes sense.

PS. The data shown in my first posting was from the xml file, not from the script.

You don't have to change anything inside the script. Only numerical values in the xml files you want to modify.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Okay so have created the RealLifeNumbers folder in the modsettings folder. In this folder I have then created a folder called savegame6 which relates to the Huron 16x Map save that I'm trying to test the mod on. I have placed the US xml file into that folder. So all should be good.

I load up the game, and load into my save. I clear all the contracts using the Better Contracts mod, and then use the refresh option to generate new contacts. Straight away I'm noticing the prices are much lower then the vanilla game. I now have harvest contracts that have gone from offering me 26,000 for completing to now offering me just 260.

What values would you recommend changing in the xml file, if I want to effectively have all contracts pay 2x the amount of the vanilla game?

wstegema

Post by wstegema »

Hi All,

I am seeking to do a similar thing as other user's in this thread. My server is using a modded map where most contracts pay ~400$/min and I would like to increase it to make contracts worthwhile. I setup real life numbers before finding this thread and it seemed to work. Although, after 15 minutes of in game time, the contracts would revert to their original prices or even lower. Even for accepted contracts.

I thought it might be a conflict with better contracts, but disabling it still has the same issue. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is another work around. I directly edited the contract lua script and increased the values. I have all the XML files in modsettings>RealLifeNumbers>savegame# but none of those files seem to have contract config.

Am I doing something wrong?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah I'm also wondering the same thing wstegema, I have been trying many different values with the real life mod xml and just am not seeing any changes within the game or save, whenever I generate the contract list I'm just getting the default small payouts. I'm playing a 16X Map and it takes many real life hours to do tasks on some of the fields due to their size, so to get paid only $500 for a ploughing, cultivating or seeding contract is a bit deflating.

These are the settings I'm currently using:

Code: Select all

<missionTypes>

<missionType name="mow_bale" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="600" REWARD_PER_HA_SILAGE="1800" REWARD_PER_HA_HAY="1200" REWARD_PER_METER="0.050"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="plow" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="500"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="cultivate" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="360"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="sow" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="360"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="harvest" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="800"  LARGE_FIELD="500" REWARD_PER_HA_WIDE="500" SMALL_FIELD="250" REWARD_PER_HA_SMALL="250"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="weed" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="250"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="spray" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="300"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="fertilize" vehicleBaseCostScale="0.5" vehicleUseCostPerHa="5.0">
		<reward REWARD_PER_HA="300"/>
	</missionType>

<missionType name="transport">
		<reward REWARD_PER_METER="0.050" REWARD_PER_OBJECT="50"/>
	</missionType> 

<missionType name="supplyTransport">
		<reward UNIT_REWARD="100" UNIT_VOLUME="10000" randomScaleMin="0.9" randomScaleMax="1.1"/>
	</missionType> 
</missionTypes>
What values would I need to set to actually see a big change and improvement in the prices?
kahfs wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:18 pm