Giaints fix your auto updater, because I am only getting dailup speed.

Sid1701d

Giaints fix your auto updater, because I am only getting dailup speed.

Post by Sid1701d »

I tried to autoupdate the patch 6 times already at 0.1mb for speed it says it takes 6days 7 hours to download the patch. I end up canceling it because a slow download speed can currupt files. Please giants if any servers are connected to uplinks that are near war zone reroute them or add new servers. I tried both my cable internet and my backup internet and I still only got like 0.01mb, so got frustrated with it and went to bed woke up and it was still downloading. I tried right now and I am getting better speeds but not near the speed i usually get.
Thanks.

Edit: I can watch youtube videos and amazon movies and tv shows.
eric21

Re: Giaints fix your auto updater, because I am only getting dailup speed.

Post by eric21 »

Hmm probably out of giants hands
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

The issue is on Giants' side, they don't have the server bandwidth capacity to support that many people downloading at once.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

The reason this will be the last time I purchase directly from Giants any further purchases will be via steam.
allstops

Post by allstops »

The Giants downloader is a painful experience. When I downloaded the last content patch, I started the download before going to bed. In the morning when I got up it was only 46%. I wish I had bought from Steam like I did FS19.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

I think all the memes about tractors towing Russian tanks are slowing things down.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Crashmac wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:38 am I think all the memes about tractors towing Russian tanks are slowing things down.
😂
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

When you use the same laptop for developing a game, testing that game, and distributing that game, you can end up with this type of speed problem.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Modhub is taking forever this morning a well.
thomson125

Post by thomson125 »

I really dislike this auto updater. It's the same thing with every update of this game.
"Parsing files to update" or whatever it says.
The green bar doesn't move at all.
After a fem minutes it says that all downloadservers are down.

With update 1.3, after many tries every day, after I think 6 days, I could finally download the update. Let's see if that record can be broken with this update.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Maybe its when the update is being pulled but I was able to update 3 installs in less than 5 min. Was something like 559MB. The progress bar on the updater is useless dont use it to get a sense for how fast it really is downloading. Look at your task manager under the progress tab I saw between 150MB to 30MB continuous download until it was all finished. I think the green bar jumped 3 times during that process. I updated about an hour ago.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Just updated to version 1.3.1.0, and it took less than 5 minutes to download and install the patch. According to my network monitoring I got download speeds between 7.5MB/s and 13MB/s from GIANTS' servers to my Mac (I've got a 100Mbit down /40Mbit up VDSL connection).

Therefore I don't think if you are getting slow download speeds it is really due to the servers providing the update or the auto updater, but it has more to do with things like what kind of internet connection is being used (for example a 100Mbit LTE connection most likely will not get this same download speed as a 100MBit VDSL connection, because with LTE you are actually sharing the bandwidth with all other users connected to the same cell tower), where are you located in relation to the servers from which the patch is downloaded (I'm guessing GIANTS is also using some sort of Content delivery network, but the servers might not be spread out as well compared to other providers like Steam for example), what other traffic is on the network (for example the OP mentioned watching YouTube or amazon movies, which can take up a lot of bandwidth), ...
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules