Any more UK maps?

Simon738

Any more UK maps?

Post by Simon738 »

Still loving Calmsden (to the point where it’s so good I fear other maps may be a disappointment) - I know of Oxy’s next map and Bullet Bills which both seem quite a way off yet. Are there any other UK maps in pipeline anyone knows of??
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
blue_painted

Re: Any more UK maps?

Post by blue_painted »

Greenlands is here and I like it, Maypole Farm too, but beyond that ... nope. I am starting to think that FS22 is harder to make maps for, or maybe I'm just impatient.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

At the moment speaking from my own POV and the other UK modders I regularly chat with the majority of us are finding it hard to find the energy and motivation to put such a large amount of effort and time into making rapid progress with our maps.
It doesn't help that the majority of those mappers including myself aren't really fully enjoying playing Fs22 either. Something which might be solved with a really good UK map that is less catered for consoles.

The other aspect is that we don't want to just make what I call "copy and paste" maps. While that's fine in itself, the downside of using lots of default assets is the maps tend to all look very similar and lack any real uniqueness that helps give the player that real longevity when playing the map. Not to mention that method makes the map not look like it's from a particularly area of the world so it's hard to enjoy any real world familiarity with it.

The last and biggest aspect is the amount of time needed to make all the needed 3D models to decorate the map. For a long time 90% of UK mappers have relied on a handful of other modders to make the map assets. This had led to a shortage of high quality assets. Not to mention most are outdated now, and none from previous versions work fully with 22 Seasonal Cycles.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Learn some patience, fs22 has only been out a few months. The map makers need time.
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:26 pm At the moment speaking from my own POV and the other UK modders I regularly chat with the majority of us are finding it hard to find the energy and motivation to put such a large amount of effort and time into making rapid progress with our maps.
It doesn't help that the majority of those mappers including myself aren't really fully enjoying playing Fs22 either. Something which might be solved with a really good UK map that is less catered for consoles.

The other aspect is that we don't want to just make what I call "copy and paste" maps. While that's fine in itself, the downside of using lots of default assets is the maps tend to all look very similar and lack any real uniqueness that helps give the player that real longevity when playing the map. Not to mention that method makes the map not look like it's from a particularly area of the world so it's hard to enjoy any real world familiarity with it.

The last and biggest aspect is the amount of time needed to make all the needed 3D models to decorate the map. For a long time 90% of UK mappers have relied on a handful of other modders to make the map assets. This had led to a shortage of high quality assets. Not to mention most are outdated now, and none from previous versions work fully with 22 Seasonal Cycles.
Thanks for the insight, totally understandable if you’re not enjoying the game yourself.
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm