UPDATE 1.4.0.0 problem

cwattyeso

Re: UPDATE 1.4.0.0 problem

Post by cwattyeso »

So far I think it's fair to say that FS22 has probably been the least smooth game release of the series. From the intially long wait between release and the first patch being released to fix day one issues and bugs which were preventing people from playing the game they had paid for (Four Months to Fix the BufferOverFlow Issues that crashed a lot of players games), to now every patch released since creating more and more problems then it seemingly fixes. I was only joking with members of my Discord at the weekend about how much stuff would get broken by the next patch. Sadly none of us predicted it would be the whole game for PC players. I woke up yesterday morning saw on Steam that Patch 1.4 had downloaded and installed, and then on my Socials that Precision Farming was out and I was very much expecting to sit down and start recording some new content where I play the fun game of "Is it a bug or a feature?", but as it turns out I'm not able to play the game at all yet until this Hotfix releases to discover what is a new bug or a new feature.

However it's not just Giants and the game having issues. I've been having a nightmare for the past two weeks trying to get my Multiplayer server running. I'm using Giants recommended and promoted hosting company Nitrado, and for the past two weeks have been completely unable to play on the server I'm paying to rent. The server constantly stuck in a "Restarting" instance, and will never start up or load. Everytime I log into their site over the last two weeks I'm greeted with the message "The Nitrado team is investigating reports that some servers are stuck in the status "restarting". A solution is already being worked on." but that's been two weeks now with no solution. I've submitted support tickets and have not received a single reply to any of them yet. So it seems everything connected to Farming Simulator 22 has terrible QA and even worse response and fix times.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

But should really Giants test against every mod that exist on the modhub everytime they release something?
And, if they just had needed to push the update on their webpage, i'm pretty sure it would get released faster than when you mix in consoles
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Noraf wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:58 pm
Chaki 🐺 Community Cowordinator — i dag kl. 10:39
we're pretty sure it'll come this week, hopefully sooner rather than later. unlikely to happen today :[
Thanks for sharing that, but it shows exactly how poor out ommunity team are on here that you have to do so.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

No Giants shouldn't test the game with every mod that's exists, but they definitely need to test the game with some mods. No point just testing the game with Vanilla at this point in time, as practically every single player of the game, on every platform is now using mods either in the form of maps or in the form of vehicles and equipments, mods that Giants themselves provide to players via their own handy in game ModHub, so Giants can't use the excuse of people using stuff from 3rd Party or Unofficial Locations. I'm sure Giants have the analytics for the Modhub so can see what the most downloaded and used mods are in FS22, so perhaps at the very minimum when doing game updates should check that it works with those mods.

It just seems so strange that in this case it's the Console Players who are totally unaffected by this update, but the whole of the PC Player Base has been shutdown and left with a game at this moment that no longer works.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Ifibe

Post by Ifibe »

Noraf,
No Giants should not have to test every mod nor even every mod that they release on modhub. But look at the at what is broken with this build and even just a couple of tests would have found the issues. And that is not to mention the no mod issues such as the pallet limit and other base changes made without thinking of the impact being made.

A minimal amount of testing or a small amount of knowledge of your community would have prevented many of these issues
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Noraf wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:50 pm But should really Giants test against every mod that exist on the modhub everytime they release something?
And, if they just had needed to push the update on their webpage, i'm pretty sure it would get released faster than when you mix in consoles
They don't need to test every MOD, but it seems that there are a lot of MODs with 1.4 are causing the game to no longer start.

A suggestion was made earlier that the QA Team should perhaps use the top 10/25 MODs as part of their testing procedure, but judging by how well it works I think it can be assumed that they don't have a QA Team or they just spend all the time down the pub.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Dear Giants, many thanks for the mods that you released today they are very much appreciated but a working game to play them on would also be useful don't you think.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

It's quittin' time in Europe, so I guess no patch today.

Hotfix - means next day or so for most. Giants probably means next week or so, more like a coldfix.
TeeSee64

Post by TeeSee64 »

the workaround is to uninstall the game and install the previous version 1.3.1.0. Make sure you don't delete the savegames when uninstalling.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

TeeSee64 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:26 pm the workaround is to uninstall the game and install the previous version 1.3.1.0. Make sure you don't delete the savegames when uninstalling.
If you're on Steam you can just down-grade without disturbing the savegames and settings, no need to uninstall.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
raran

Post by raran »

TeeSee64 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:26 pm the workaround is to uninstall the game and install the previous version 1.3.1.0. Make sure you don't delete the savegames when uninstalling.
No need as you can play 1.4 with PF and most mods. Just a few mostly QOL and cheaty mods are not working. Old saves might be dead but that's a risk with every patch.
TeeSee64

Post by TeeSee64 »

raran wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:30 pm
No need as you can play 1.4 with PF and most mods. Just a few mostly QOL and cheaty mods are not working. Old saves might be dead but that's a risk with every patch.
Read this topic because you're wrong. The bug has nothing todo with cheaty mods or so. Even some ingame vehicles are affected.
raran

Post by raran »

TeeSee64 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:43 pm
raran wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:30 pm
Read this topic because you're wrong. The bug has nothing todo with cheaty mods or so. Even some ingame vehicles are affected.
To bad we only have 1 ingame vehicle....

Anyway it's working here so too bad for you i guess.
Ifibe

Post by Ifibe »

QOL or cheaty mods REALLY??
putting a limit on pallets when you have designed this entire version of the game around productions and a sales calendar and don't even bother to put it in patch notes
Breaking a huge amount of script mods including some trying to fix their previous broken areas that they still have not bothered to fix.

To name just a couple of big items.
KimbaltheGimbal

Post by KimbaltheGimbal »

This works for me. Thanks.