100 pallets max! [GIANTS SUPPORT RESPONSE]

Illinois Farmer

Re: 100 pallets max! [GIANTS SUPPORT RESPONSE]

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Those are the ones he is talking about. Console seems to have the same restrictions for all, but just the newer ones. They test them as one.
Edit: minus slots and modhub space.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

I am concerned that this limit exposes an potential integrity issue with the distribution function. It appears that if you reach the limit, a production that is set to distributing and would produce the next pallet over the limit loses its goods instead of distributing them. I need to do some more testing to see if it is a unique combination or applies to multiple productions or goods. I dont think I am imagining it.
Dreiviertel

Post by Dreiviertel »

Chaki stated that there will be an update regarding this limit and they will increase it with a patch in the future. There will be a difference between old and current consoles. I expect a raised one for the current gen.
Wenn er mal groß ist, will ich so sein wie ich.
[Ralph Wiggum]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS5 Farmer
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

BC144601 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:24 pm Just another reason NOT to buy the next game on CONSOLE, Giants Software doesn't care about console players at all.
You're wrong, rather the opposite, this game is made to work on consoles, otherwise it would be a much more complete and playable game.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

ShabaFS wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:52 pm
BC144601 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:24 pm Just another reason NOT to buy the next game on CONSOLE, Giants Software doesn't care about console players at all.
You're wrong, rather the opposite, this game is made to work on consoles, otherwise it would be a much more complete and playable game.
well said ' people only post for posting better to read them than follow their meaningless answers
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
Vicky

Post by Vicky »

What if Giants is dedicated to informing the players of the problem of using so many pallets and leaves the decision to us players to pay attention or not?
Limiting their number is not a solution, it is repression.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Relax, it’s a game not a riot
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

In my opinion, Giants didn't think the whole production thing thru. You can have a lot of factories making palletized products, next thing you know, you've got 100+ pallets laying on the ground.
Some products, like flour for example, should have been made as a fill type and not palletized.
Someone, can't remember who, brought up a great suggestion: have the factory not drop the pallet, but literally store them inside the factory until you pull up and say that you want X amount of pallets @ 1000L each. Then they're dropped for you.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Another way of doing it would have been to, oh do what they did with greenhouse pallets and raise the level from 1000l to 2000l and the say we will be implementing a max number of pallets in the next patch. No just do it and not tell everyone.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:52 am In my opinion, Giants didn't think the whole production thing thru. You can have a lot of factories making palletized products, next thing you know, you've got 100+ pallets laying on the ground.
Some products, like flour for example, should have been made as a fill type and not palletized.
Someone, can't remember who, brought up a great suggestion: have the factory not drop the pallet, but literally store them inside the factory until you pull up and say that you want X amount of pallets @ 1000L each. Then they're dropped for you.
Can't argue with any of that. All sounds very sensible. Probably too sensible.

It would be good if GIANTS could fix whatever is overloading the engine for some too (perhaps helping other areas of the game too?) but if necessary the above would be an ideal alternative.

It's a bit odd as it does seem as if bale performance is massively improved over previous games, and I'd have thought bale and pallets shared the same dynamic object physics. I've currently got a save on Calmsden with about 300-400 round bales currently left in fields (about 80% of them stored in piles in one field waiting for the price to rise) and I've not seen any performance drop off or stuttering at all, even on my second PC with an i7 920 from 2008 and a GTX 670 from 2012! It does have 12GB of RAM though, so perhaps RAM usage is the issue.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:52 am In my opinion, Giants didn't think the whole production thing thru.
Sadly that seems to be a recurring theme. Just doing enough. Horses and the dreaded dog from FS19 spring to mind. They might have attracted a whole new audience with the horses in particular in FS19, but it was so half-hearted and lacking any real depth, so any new customers attracted to the game as a result would be highly unlikely to have returned for FS22 and future games.

Grapes and olives in 22 are the same. Want a vineyard? Draw one! Who thought the construction system was the correct way to go to create vineyards?

We know they can do things brilliantly, for example the gearboxes and especially sounds in FS22 - but I wish they'd concentrate more on adding depth to existing features (eg animals) and polishing new features rather than trying to do too much and inevitably run out of time and leaving them unfinished. Do things right and then move onto something else!
hopalongali

Post by hopalongali »

Having fresh produce rot, forcing you to sell like IRL would also have reduced number of pallets lying around. This pallet thing has forced me into having to buy the fertiliser and seed silos as I couldn’t buy bags any more.
Vicky

Post by Vicky »

I have had more than 200 pallets and no problem with my PC. Why Giants think they're doing me a favor by limiting it to 100? I can't figure it out. It's for my own good?
And why don't I enjoy playing FS22 so much now?
raran

Post by raran »

Vicky wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:32 pm I have had more than 200 pallets and no problem with my PC. Why Giants think they're doing me a favor by limiting it to 100? I can't figure it out. It's for my own good?
And why don't I enjoy playing FS22 so much now?

There's already a fix around for PC. Check King mods or any other modsite basically.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

It's kind of funny to read this thread.
I remember console players "complaining" about the limits placed on them, and PC players telling them to live with it or buy a PC.
Now the PC folks are getting a taste of those limits.
The suggestion now is to fix it with a mod.

I can imagine the conversation around their table during design.
Hey, let's add more pallets to the game via production chains.
That's a great idea. And, for performance, we should reduce the number of pallets that can appear in game.
Wow man, they are going to love these new features.