Must say I’m disappointed..

The_Liquor

Re: Must say I’m disappointed..

Post by The_Liquor »

Yes, it’s not going to happen. Unless a modder comes along and makes it happen, I suppose. That’s why I made my earlier comment about needing to treat the FS series as a platform for others to come and build a game on, rather than a complete out of the box game…

And I stand by my disappointment. I probably won’t buy a new version of this series again until I’m absolutely sure the modding community has made the changes needed to make the game right.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I was a bit disappointed in the beginning (day one installed 22) and I expressed my frustration with bugs and slow release of mods. However, for me the game seems to have come pretty far. I’m amazed at how quickly they worked through thousands of mods so quickly. Are there bumps? Yep. However, since I’m willing to complain, I believe I should be willing to compliment. Also, I love Chaki’s cute posts on the mods thread.

I want the things like goats, farm cats, small farm plots with things like asparagus, peanut farming, etc. I know it’s not for everyone, but I really, really want farm cats. 😺
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I, too, would like farm cats 👀
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

The_Liquor wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:50 am I was excited to try the seasons integrated into the game…
It's always been referred to as seasonal cycles. Giants were always upfront that it wasn't the same as the seasons mod from FS19.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Realismus really messed up Giants' roll out of seasonal cycles. This would be universally loved if the Seasons mod never came along. Everyday was summer, and your crops started growing before you finished planting the field. But Realismus stepped in (thankfully) and not only stole the thunder, but raised the bar significantly- along with everybody's expectations.

It's a good start with the seasonal cycles. Hopefully, the long term plan is to keep adding realism aspects and eventually get to what Realismus brought us and beyond.
PS4
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

"Realismus really messed up Giants' roll out of seasonal cycles. This would be universally loved if the Seasons mod never came along". So now we and when I say we I mean you are blaming Realismus Modding for releasing Seasons in 17/19??? You typed it like the way I am reading it!! It was never Giants intention to implement Season into Farming Simulator 22. Only Seasonal Cycles was show in the blog.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Of course I'm not blaming Realismus. They saved the game for me with the Seasons mod. It's tongue in cheek. I just mean from Giants' perspective, the addition of Seasonal Cycles would've been much better received by everybody if it was the first time seasons was ever implemented in Farm Sim. Realismus set a new standard for them to reach.
PS4
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The_Liquor wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:27 pm Yes, it’s not going to happen. Unless a modder comes along and makes it happen, I suppose. That’s why I made my earlier comment about needing to treat the FS series as a platform for others to come and build a game on, rather than a complete out of the box game…
That wouldn’t change the fact that for consoles, outside scripting isn’t allowed on mods. So Modders are still limited to mainly aesthetic mods like adding in vehicles etc. the outside scripting is a rule set by Microsoft/Sony so can’t be changed.
The_Liquor

Post by The_Liquor »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:44 am
The_Liquor wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:27 pm Yes, it’s not going to happen. Unless a modder comes along and makes it happen, I suppose. That’s why I made my earlier comment about needing to treat the FS series as a platform for others to come and build a game on, rather than a complete out of the box game…
That wouldn’t change the fact that for consoles, outside scripting isn’t allowed on mods. So Modders are still limited to mainly aesthetic mods like adding in vehicles etc. the outside scripting is a rule set by Microsoft/Sony so can’t be changed.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, and this is my first FS game on console since 15, but I could have sworn fs19 had seasons for console…
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The_Liquor wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:31 am I’m not saying you’re wrong, and this is my first FS game on console since 15, but I could have sworn fs19 had seasons for console…
It did, as did fs17. But only because Giants specifically changed the game to include the necessary scripting and then it had to go through testing with Sony and Microsoft before it could be released, which in 17 was due to it being a competition winner, and 19 was because it was so popular in 17.

They also did it for the Straw Harvest in fs19, I believe for similar reasons to seasons in 17. But they again had to change the game and process it through MS/Sony testing before release.

Maybe I should simplify the response. Modders aren’t allowed to make changes to the game scripting on consoles as MS & Sony don’t test mods. And it would be absolute chaos with updates and testing if Giants had to rescript the game and have it fully tested every time a script mod was released or updated.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Yes Seasons was in 17 and 19 as a mod, but it had to have an update for the game for consoles that contained extra scripts in order for it to work on console. If Giants write extra scripts into their coding then it is internally tested by Giants as part of a game update then the update had to be handed over to Sony and Microsoft which they had to internally test before it could be released to the public. When seasons 17 and 19 came out for consoles an update for that game was released on the exact same day. In order to play Seasons you had download a patch for the game because the extra scripts were in the update for the game. As the developer in certain situations Giants has added extra scripts for console updates. 3rd party scripted mods are not allowed on console. They say its Sony and Microsoft where in fact its Sony that refused. Fact: Microsoft allow 3rd party scripts on Xbox and the reason being is both Skyrim and Fallout 4 both use scripted mods/external assets you can download from a server in the game. Both Skyrim and Fallout 4 on PlayStation dont have access to scripted mods/external assets because Sony was against the idea. Microsoft was in favour and Sony was against so the decision was split and Giants decided we are not going to just do it for Xbox if PlayStation dont agree as well. This has been debated back and forth since mods came to console in Farming Simulator 17. Ask any Xbox player Skyrim and Fallout 4 have scripted mods/external assets on consoles. Microsoft allows it. Pc players will be saying this is because Microsoft acquired Bethesda actually it happened well before Microsoft bought Bethesda for $7.5 Billion in September 2020.
The_Liquor

Post by The_Liquor »

Ok. I see how it worked. But, I suppose that means it could work again, if the right people have the desire to make it happen, but it won’t be for some time.
Wyldesystem

Post by Wyldesystem »

DEERE318 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:27 pm As Bobandy would say, have a cheese burger and try to enjoy the game.
Just a couple of drink bud
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Wyldesystem wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:12 pm
DEERE318 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:27 pm As Bobandy would say, have a cheese burger and try to enjoy the game.
Since the OP is The_Liquor, and Canadian, I assumed he was related to Mr. Lahey, who as we all know was also The_Liquor. *thumbsup*
I was hoping some words of encouragement from Bandingo would brighten his day.
The_Liquor

Post by The_Liquor »

DEERE318 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:24 pm
Wyldesystem wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:12 pm
Since the OP is The_Liquor, and Canadian, I assumed he was related to Mr. Lahey, who as we all know was also The_Liquor. *thumbsup*
I was hoping some words of encouragement from Bandingo would brighten his day.
The Liquor is more than a relation… It’s bigger than that. Its bigger than you, bigger than me… even bigger than Randy’s gut.