Are current gen console mods limited by last gen consoles?

lonny

Are current gen console mods limited by last gen consoles?

Post by lonny »

I was wondering, if mods for consoles - especially maps - are limited by the performance of the last gen consoles.
The answers seems to be yes (same pallet limit for all consoles, the map Krebach was removed because of performance problems on last gen), which, if it's true, a giant (no pun intended) WTF!

Is there an official statement from Giants about this topic? I don't remember anything in the news, blogs or streams.
norfolk farmer

Re: Are current gen console mods limited by last gen consoles?

Post by norfolk farmer »

As far as I know then apart from the different slot levels the rest is the same.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

lonny wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:37 pm I was wondering, if mods for consoles - especially maps - are limited by the performance of the last gen consoles.
The answers seems to be yes (same pallet limit for all consoles, the map Krebach was removed because of performance problems on last gen), which, if it's true, a giant (no pun intended) WTF!

Is there an official statement from Giants about this topic? I don't remember anything in the news, blogs or streams.
As far as performance goes they are pretty much the same apart from slots that are higher on current generation consoles. Current generation consoles still have the same bale limit and pallet limit as older consoles do. The only thing that has ever came to light was the pallet limit. After it was discovered by a community member Giants post and official statement on social media saying Giants are looking in to the pallet limit and if it can be resolved it will be included in a future update. A few people have said we will probably not get another update until the second dlc comes in the coming weeks/months. No official announcement has been made when the next dlc will release. We are all waiting to hear any news that they have to share with community on both pallet limits and the next dlc.

https://twitter.com/farmingsim/status/1 ... 2931811328
lonny

Post by lonny »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:16 pm As far as performance goes they are pretty much the same apart from slots that are higher on current generation consoles.
What? Same performance? How can that be? Except, the current gen version of the game is pretty much the last gen version running in backward compatibility mode.
Last edited by lonny on Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Im pretty sure everyone is being limited by last gen consoles not just giants, but it’s hard to blame them for including last gen in this release because it’s pretty bad for your bottom line to exclude a sizable portion of your players with all the shortages. I think it would have been a different story if people who wanted to upgrade could have
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

lonny wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:31 pm
ScotsDude73 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:16 pm
What? Same performance? How can that be? Except, the current gen version of the game is pretty much the last gen version running in backward compatibility mode.
Under the hood the game is the same ok I retract that last statement. Cannot speak for PlayStation player as I am on Series X. Series X has more power so loading times are faster than on Xbox One. I would say. frame rate is possibly better I cannot say for sure. Limited pallets and bales you can create. Yes the last version 19 runs better on current generation, but we dont know what improvement has be made for older consoles. To me the run the same despite faster loading times. PS4 Pro and Xbox One X could run in 4k. Xbox One S was upscaled. Xbox One X was true 4k. The bottom line is because of the restrictions on old consoles some the limitations have been carried over. A poll was done in 2020. Who was buying at the time a next gen console come release in November 2020. Must people voted no. And despite things the world has been going through since the beginning of 2020 and scalpers as well consoles sales had suffered.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

No, FS17 was 4K on Xbox One X, FS19 was "only" 3k on Xbox One X.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

The last gen (I'm on PS4 pro) is set way behind the PS5. They optimized for both gens. The PS5 has better graphics, higher slots, etc.... So the performance issues are with the maps or mods not the console. If it performs bad on one it'll be bad on both
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Never owned a Xbox One S or X. Had the Xbox One Day One Edition since 2013. Had it for 7 years. December 2020 I got a Series X.
lonny

Post by lonny »

I just saw that the map "Unterkrebach" (which seems to be a console optimized version of the PC/MAC only map Krebach), was released for the platform PC/MAC, PS5, XBS.
This is the very first time, that I saw a mod released only for current gen consoles! Now I'm really curious, if we will see a 4X map for console!
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

lonny wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:53 pm I just saw that the map "Unterkrebach" (which seems to be a console optimized version of the PC/MAC only map Krebach), was released for the platform PC/MAC, PS5, XBS.
This is the very first time, that I saw a mod released only for current gen consoles! Now I'm really curious, if we will see a 4X map for console!
That map isn’t just for current gen consoles, I have it downloaded on my last gen One X, works fine 👍🏼

No idea why it’s only says PS5/XBS on the modhub.

Edit: just looked in game and I apparently don’t have it anymore and it’s not in the modhub. I definitely remember having it installed though and being on the map.