Mod updates

xgetxnastyx

Mod updates

Post by xgetxnastyx »

So it seems when a mod update becomes available it doesn't warn you of this update and disables the mod causing you to lose this mod.

Is this by design or a bug.

I have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars because my trucks/tractors get removed and I have to repurchase them. Very frustrating.

It should either allow you to play with the mod without updating or give you a warning that your starting without a mod that was previously enabled

I'm playing on Xbox series x.
humbe

Re: Mod updates

Post by humbe »

Hmm.. On PC I just play with the old version until I check for updates and update myself. Sounds like xbox has a botched attempt at mod auto update..
xgetxnastyx

Post by xgetxnastyx »

Yes somethings up and it's very frustrating.
-WUT- DynaMaik78

Post by -WUT- DynaMaik78 »

On Playstation u got to update manually, but sometimes vehicles disappear and sometimes they don't. Seems to depend on, what exactly was updated.
It would be nice though, if modders would describe exactly what was done, BEFORE u pull the update.
On the same way, I've just lost my whole economy, on all of my maps. 'cause nobody told, that the Grainquit Storage, doesn't take all products anymore and lost it's circum field, in which it shares it's contents with nearby productions. Resources already stored are gone. Completely.
That single, little update just shredded about 1200 hours of my savegames 🤷‍♂️
... PS4, erste Baureihe, FS22 ...

i7-11370H octacore
Iris Xe Graphics + NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti

' bin der Gute, aus'm Osten :hi:

https://www.twitch.tv/dynamaik78 :this: :search:

Zu Risiken und Nebenwirkungen, fragen Sie Ihren Theologen oder Therapeuten 🤪
humbe

Post by humbe »

Don't know if it's a PC only option, but I always turn off autosave.. If I accidentally load the game without the required mods, I just don't save the game.
-WUT- DynaMaik78

Post by -WUT- DynaMaik78 »

humbe wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:55 am Don't know if it's a PC only option, but I always turn off autosave.. If I accidentally load the game without the required mods, I just don't save the game.
Now U say something 😳
Autosave 's off on mine either. I've opened just one savegame, 've seen what happened and shut down everything without saving or even opening other savegames
That update is installed and, on console, I can't remove it anymore or go back to an earlier version.
But, if another update, for the grainquid, is coming, to bring back its original functions, does that mean my economy will be working again, just as I'm used to it?
... PS4, erste Baureihe, FS22 ...

i7-11370H octacore
Iris Xe Graphics + NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti

' bin der Gute, aus'm Osten :hi:

https://www.twitch.tv/dynamaik78 :this: :search:

Zu Risiken und Nebenwirkungen, fragen Sie Ihren Theologen oder Therapeuten 🤪
humbe

Post by humbe »

From your question it seemed like your problem was typically that you loaded the game without having the updated mod picked.. And then you then save the game, it removes the state from unloaded mods.. That you can fix by not saving..

I hear some other reports of mods not being backward compatible.. Like using a silo to store X and after update X is no longer valid to store in the silo.. If this is a mod bug and it is fixed in the next mod version you could potentially wait to save your game until that mod fix is available.. But I think such issues are rare.. I've never experienced any myself at least.. All the mods I've tested has behaved and kept what I had bought when upgraded..
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Edit: Never mind its back to not working. disregard the lower. Somehow the capacity is changed to 100K for each filltype. Probably unintended I hope and assume it will get updated.

It seems like it works ok if you sell it and replace it with a new one. That doesn't get back what you lost I know. But the mod doesn't seem messed up but the update messed up my brother and I's existing one on our server. So we sold it and took as well of a guess as we could as to how much we had in storage of every crop and figured out how much that was worth at near high prices and placed government subsidy signs down to make up our money lost. As far as I could tell it changed all our values from anything over 100K L to a flat 100K. Anything under 100K stayed the correct amount. It also wouldn't except sunflowers but does now with the new one. This was on two ps5's on stone valley 22 on a server.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.