Precision Farming Update

LittleWatt

Precision Farming Update

Post by LittleWatt »

Precision Farming has an update. Notably, mulching and rolling now have an impact again. Oilseed Radish has a score of 25kg/ha. Fixed soybeans impact.
cwattyeso

Re: Precision Farming Update

Post by cwattyeso »

Hasn't however fixed issues with Tillage Scores being bad on Grass Fields thus lowering Enviromental Score of Grass Fields and overall Score of Farm. Nor has this update fixed the issue where Weed Control is only ever shown at 50% for all fields when playing the game with Weeds Turned Off in the Game Options, which again means all fields can only ever achieve a Enviroment Score of 85 and no higher. So with Weeds disabled in the options Precision Farming still forces you to use a Weeder or Spray Herbicide to increase you Field Scores, only now it's made even more difficult as without actual weeds on the fields you can't hire workers for those tasks but have to do them yourself.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:47 pm Hasn't however fixed issues with Tillage Scores being bad on Grass Fields thus lowering Enviromental Score of Grass Fields and overall Score of Farm. Nor has this update fixed the issue where Weed Control is only ever shown at 50% for all fields when playing the game with Weeds Turned Off in the Game Options, which again means all fields can only ever achieve a Enviroment Score of 85 and no higher. So with Weeds disabled in the options Precision Farming still forces you to use a Weeder or Spray Herbicide to increase you Field Scores, only now it's made even more difficult as without actual weeds on the fields you can't hire workers for those tasks but have to do them yourself.
Workers and weeders are problematic anyway with precision farming. Because the weeds clump the AI keeps "losing" the weeds and stops or wanders aimlessly leaving stripes and patches. I have found I almost have to redo the entire field to cleanup.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Interesting, I’ll have to watch the weeding. I only used mechanical before I understood I was getting a penalty.

I did have something strange. I had four grass fields with no weeds but a 50% weed score. So I decided to run the See and Spray just for kicks, and although I never used a single drop of herbicide, those fields went to 99 or 100 just by driving on the field with the sensor and the sprayer turned on.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah that's what I'm finding which makes absolutely zero sense that Precision Farming is making you drive over fields for no reason, as there are no weeds, but you must use the see and spray herbcide even though you don't use a drop to get a score of 100.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

You do know irl you can spray a residue that helps prevents weeds from sprouting in the first place? You mix it in with your herbicide.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

The other oddity is the 99 score. If I walk the field pH and nitrogen are perfect across the board. But if I use the map view I see a teeny sliver on nitrogen. I might try ripping it up and planting it again exactly like I did my vineyard grass. Lime, oilseed radish, then grass seeding without fert. Then run See N Spray fert over it, and then herbicide. Some things are a bit wonky still.

I would need to plow it and check nitrogen before seeding. The grass might become a cover crop.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Steel_Horse wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:47 am
cwattyeso wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:47 pm Hasn't however fixed issues with Tillage Scores being bad on Grass Fields thus lowering Enviromental Score of Grass Fields and overall Score of Farm. Nor has this update fixed the issue where Weed Control is only ever shown at 50% for all fields when playing the game with Weeds Turned Off in the Game Options, which again means all fields can only ever achieve a Enviroment Score of 85 and no higher. So with Weeds disabled in the options Precision Farming still forces you to use a Weeder or Spray Herbicide to increase you Field Scores, only now it's made even more difficult as without actual weeds on the fields you can't hire workers for those tasks but have to do them yourself.
Workers and weeders are problematic anyway with precision farming. Because the weeds clump the AI keeps "losing" the weeds and stops or wanders aimlessly leaving stripes and patches. I have found I almost have to redo the entire field to cleanup.
The whole helper system needs to be re worked, it was fine for FS13 but now with "seasons"/precision farming and withe their attempt at more advanced AI functions (Like deliver or fill and deliver) the old system is reallly showing its limitations.
DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

LittleWatt wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:46 pm Oilseed Radish has a score of 25kg/ha.
I must be doing something wrong. I planted OSR before the update, let it mature on all fields. I cultivate it in after it's up, and I get ZERO nitrogen still from it on any field where it was planted. I'm using the CASE/IH Speed Tiller 465. Is there an issue with this particular equipment or something?

EDIT: Also tried on a smaller field with the Kuhn HR6040 RCS and no dice...
Motologist

Post by Motologist »

DFWSupertrooper wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:08 pm
LittleWatt wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:46 pm Oilseed Radish has a score of 25kg/ha.
I must be doing something wrong. I planted OSR before the update, let it mature on all fields. I cultivate it in after it's up, and I get ZERO nitrogen still from it on any field where it was planted. I'm using the CASE/IH Speed Tiller 465. Is there an issue with this particular equipment or something?

EDIT: Also tried on a smaller field with the Kuhn HR6040 RCS and no dice...
I will be putting out a whole post on OSR in the near future after having the same problem. You need to use a plow, a spader, or a standard cultivator. Disc harrows, power harrows, and shallow cultivators will not provide the 25kg/ha nitrogen addition.
DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

Motologist wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:20 pm Disc harrows, power harrows, and shallow cultivators will not provide the 25kg/ha nitrogen addition.
Ugghhh...I was afraid of something like that! That kinda blows my favorite equipment lineup. *thumbsdown*
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

I actually got it nearly perfect this time around. I used a direct drill with OSR and fertilizer in it. The next day I planted the crops with the same seeder. Every field had perfect nitrogen. According to the patch notes from Giants, OSR gives the 25kg/ha. What happens though is you don’t seem to get your score until harvest. I recall Farmer Klein showing that just placing his combine on the field made changes. And I had a wonky moment where I was being penalized for weeds. There weren’t any weeds. So I ran the sprayer on the field, and without using a single drop on 8 fields, my weed score went to max.
crash

Post by crash »

There seems to be some fertiliser from leaving the straw now, like 20 to 45kg.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Another weird little bug I'm experiencing since the last update to Precision Farming. On a Dedicated Server when applying lime to fields, even though the field info shows the PH Level as 'Perfect' back in the main menu and checking the Environmental Score, the game is only giving us a half bar for PH Control on fields. We typically always Lime Spread our fields after harvest prior to doing any cultivating or direct drilling and the lime is not having any impact on the PH Control Score. Think this is definitely a multiplayer issue, as in Single Player I have no issue getting my PH Control to max and a full Environment Score.

LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

crash wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:26 am There seems to be some fertiliser from leaving the straw now, like 20 to 45kg.
I think there was before. But I’ve never checked.