Can map creators stop adding power lines to maps

Naxx

Can map creators stop adding power lines to maps

Post by Naxx »

Power lines really make a map ugly. People make these nice looking maps but then add the horrendous looking power lines and it looks silly.

There is ploppable powerlines now can those be used instead so the player can decide to remove them?

Is there a way for giants to make them removable I will even pay a fee per pole or something. Utility vehicle mod that removes them.

I have solar panels going for a futuristic looking farm but its just ruined by power lines lol.
chedly_farms

Re: Can map creators stop adding power lines to maps

Post by chedly_farms »

How are you going to power the lights and stuff in the barn without the power poles?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:48 am How are you going to power the lights and stuff in the barn without the power poles?
Bluetooth duh
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Naxx wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:19 pm Power lines really make a map ugly. People make these nice looking maps but then add the horrendous looking power lines and it looks silly.

There is ploppable powerlines now can those be used instead so the player can decide to remove them?

Is there a way for giants to make them removable I will even pay a fee per pole or something. Utility vehicle mod that removes them.

I have solar panels going for a futuristic looking farm but its just ruined by power lines lol.
They may be ugly but they are realistic.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:48 am How are you going to power the lights and stuff in the barn without the power poles?
we'll just load it on a flat deck and ship it to him *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

He said he had solar panels....
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

How do you deliver the solar panels power across the yard or better yet back on the grid so you can paid?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I live in a very urban part of the USA. We have power all over the place. Why do some folks want absolute realism in farming mechanics and machinery, but not in landscapes? Anyway, I’d rather the map makers focus on triggers that work and effective masks. Most are really good, so the ones who aren’t really stand out.
road_clam

Post by road_clam »

Naxx wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:19 pm

Read this comment a few more times and you will realize you are contradicting yourself.

Btw solar panels are also ugly.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Hey Naxx, If you're on PC then you should look into the Giants Editor. You can use it to remove whatever you don't want.
If you're on console, then you're at the mercy of modders who create the map the way they like.

In my area, a lot of cabling is under ground, so I know the look you're after is possible in real life.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Hi @CoreyTr. Do you live in a somewhat “newer” area? Most of the wiring was done here in the early days of general electrical home service. This place grew exponentially for almost 100 years to the point there almost no new available land and it’s overwhelmingly above ground. Our city did a study to see what underground cabling would cost. The increase in home taxes was astronomical and, of course, failed. Furthermore, our water table is close to the surface and we get huge amounts of rains. I’m afraid we’re stuck with current cabling situations, for the most part. I’ve lived in newer developments, though, and agree underground is better looking.
Naxx

Post by Naxx »

Every aspect of the map should be customizable. Powerlines, houses, even production facilities should have the option of you buy the land to remove it. If people like it they can keep it, if they don't then they can remove it.

Yea I'm just one person I am sure my opinion doesn't matter so I will just stick with NML and Western Wilds.
Guil

Post by Guil »

You can start the trend by making all that possible with the map you out 100's or more hours making
raran

Post by raran »

Naxx wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:54 am Every aspect of the map should be customizable. Powerlines, houses, even production facilities should have the option of you buy the land to remove it. If people like it they can keep it, if they don't then they can remove it.

Yea I'm just one person I am sure my opinion doesn't matter so I will just stick with NML and Western Wilds.
Giants Editor. Steep learning curve but once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy.

I don't have problems with powerlines myself. The circle option in Courseplay works pretty well. *thumbsup*
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Telling modders how to make their mods is never a good idea, it’s like screaming at Santa Claus “ I SAID A RED BIKE”
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw