Breaking News: Vermeer Is Coming To FS22 - DLC #3

deerefarm

Re: Breaking News: Vermeer Is Coming To FS22

Post by deerefarm »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:27 pm I'd file a dispute with YouTube if I were you, and appeal against the claim. If your video contains commentary then you have taken the step to transform the orignal work and that qualifies as Fair Use. Also if the same video footage is up on YouTube in videos on other channels which Giants have not claimed and removed, then that can actually be deemed Abuse of the Copyright Claim system on YouTube. Giants can't pick and choose which content they want to remove and keep on the platform. If they remove one video, they must remove all videos featuring that content, that's the law. If the video does meet Fair Use rules then Giants don't have any right to remove it at all. So myself as a creator would definitely be appealing that claim and that strike.
Thanks. I just filed a counterclaim against Giants claiming the video was free speech and as such was fair use as it was a commentary on a video or advertisement made by Giants. The original video did not contain any information that was unique to Giants or did not show off any informatin that they were not going to share.... AT FARMCON. The fact that they have removed or claimed copyright protection against my video proves that they will take on the "little guy" but will not take on a "partner" like Epic Games.
As for those other two "youtubers" who unsubbed because I "upset" Giants, shame on you. As quote "influencers" we are supposed to provide information to the community whether it be good or bad and not based on how much Giants will provide us as income.
Last edited by deerefarm on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

deerefarm wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:49 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:08 pm
deerefarm wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:58 am So Giant's had the video taken down and I now have a copyright strike against me. I was only reporting what someone else had reported. I do not have an NDA with Giants. I believe reporting is fair use especially as this was a commentary and not anything else.
Funny how the Epic Video is still ok, but mine was taken down.
The cat is well and truly out of the bag given how this video has been doing the rounds, copyright strikes seem a bit pointless and petty now.
That seems to pretty much sum up Giant's now doesn't it. So they make me (a small youtuber) take down my video but they don't dare touch Epic Games. Have Giant's really sunk this low?? How about just saying "the cat's out of the bag".
If the fact that Giant's have taken down my video and not the offending video means nothing, well good for the bully.
Nothing surprises me with Giants now. They are and have been out of touch with "their communities" for a while now.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

If only they had a community team.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

As the last video was taken down and Giant's are being well you know what, I posted a response calling Giant's out;

I know I'm a little off center in the video but I was so mad at the fact that Giant's are censoring content providers. I guess with big bucks comes a great responsibility to cover your *ss. Plus I had planned a night out with friends, had a couple and recorded the video as it was important.
Last edited by deerefarm on Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Odd for some reason the link / post I normally use is not working. Guess Giant's are really censoring things now. Good old German censorship I guess my youtube IP got banned.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Am I the only one who read through this and find it......

funny?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Simu has his video up but not taken down and correct me if I'm wrong isnt he a French ambassador? Or modder? The only reason yours was taken down because you didn't have permission to share the video from giants. Only a small number of people are allowed
catfan1212

Post by catfan1212 »

Yeah and epic got hit with a copyright claim to take down the video so it seems like giants is trying their best to keep it under wraps with only two videos being up talking about the dlc
farming on ps4 :biggrin2:
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

i can't view your video now, obviously, but if you uploaded their video in its entirety then it probably wasn't covered by fair use, even if you also provided commentary. also, fair use may not apply in all countries.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Let me guess this will be blocked too;

Oh surprise surprise it actually works. Well this is the teaser that they don't want you to see and I'm reporting it as a New and Information Video under the various constitutional rights of both Canada and the USA. Giants can block it from their website as it's theirs, but as far as youtube goes it's "fair use" as it's news and editorial.....
punchi

Post by punchi »

Of course it will be taken down. It uses copy right footage that isnt available for everyone. What do you expect?
Everyone knew it was leaked by accident. The minute it was online, you know Giants would come after it ;)

Grow up and get over it.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

catfan1212 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:27 pm Yeah and epic got hit with a copyright claim to take down the video so it seems like giants is trying their best to keep it under wraps with only two videos being up talking about the dlc
It doesn't show that as that video is set to private. So it doesn't show if It had a copyright claim. But it did show copyright claim on deerefarm's video.

Giants just angry things got leaked and they are taking it out on the wrong person. They only should have a go at Epic. Not at the people sharing that video. 🤔
punchi

Post by punchi »

Since the video is not legal on the platform, its not even legal to use it on YouTube. But content creator should know things like that on YouTube ;)
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

punchi wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:00 pm Since the video is not legal on the platform, its not even legal to use it on YouTube. But content creator should know things like that on YouTube ;)
Thanks, but look up fair use. It covers things like news, current event, video game and other content you are reporting on. If CNN had to get permission for every story they produced they'd never be able to publish anything. The fact that the "story" got leaked isn't my problem it's Giant's and their publisher. I merely reported a story like any reporter would do.

P.S. had I got the information from some nefarious means like hacking Giant's DB then yes there would be a problem.
punchi

Post by punchi »

It doesnt matter how the video got leaked, Epic probably breached their contract with Giants like that. Thats why there was nothing legal about it.

Even YouTube says, fair use doesnt proctect you from copyright claims. The cruicial part is probably this part for Giants : Uses that harm the copyright owner’s ability to profit from their original work are less likely to be fair uses. Courts have sometimes made an exception under this factor in cases involving parodies.