TMR not accepted in large cow barn Frankenmuth

JKeller Farming

TMR not accepted in large cow barn Frankenmuth

Post by JKeller Farming »

I recently got the latest update 1.6.0.0 for Frankenmuth map and rebuilt my farm, including the vanilla large cow barn (without robot feeder). When I went to feed them with TMR mixed by the vanilla mixer, I get a message "TMR is not accepted here". The icon for TMR is listed as a fill type in the build menu for the barn, but I noticed the foodtypes listed under the animals menu do not include TMR. Has anyone else seen this?
Just a desktop farmer living the life in Griffin, IN
NotoriousWeber

Re: TMR not accepted in large cow barn Frankenmuth

Post by NotoriousWeber »

Are you using manual attach? That's the message that pops up when you don't have the PTO and/or hoses connected, in my experience.

might not be your solution but I thought I'd offer something thats happened to me before!
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Maybe because he integrated alfalfa and adjusted the animals, the cows need alfalfa to get 100%?

I don't know if this is the answer, but that popped into my head as I knew he added alfalfa.
JKeller Farming

NotoriousWeber wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:46 pm Are you using manual attach? That's the message that pops up when you don't have the PTO and/or hoses connected, in my experience.

might not be your solution but I thought I'd offer something thats happened to me before!
Thank you for the reply. Not using manual attach, all mods are the same as before the map update. I looked at another game save on a different map that has the same cow barn and I see that on Frankenmuth the foods listed for cows in animals tab is different now, so he must have changed it to remove TMR.

UPDATE: I just now started the savegame up again and I see TMR is back (at 50% effective) and looks like I need Silage, TMR, grain, and straw to get 100% effectiveness. Nice touch.
JKeller Farming

Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:50 pm Maybe because he integrated alfalfa and adjusted the animals, the cows need alfalfa to get 100%?

I don't know if this is the answer, but that popped into my head as I knew he added alfalfa.
I started my game save up tonight and I see that TMR is back, plus I also need silage, grain, and straw to get 100% effectiveness. Must have been an incremental update I wasn't patient enough for.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

JKeller Farming wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:33 am
Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:50 pm Maybe because he integrated alfalfa and adjusted the animals, the cows need alfalfa to get 100%?

I started my game save up tonight and I see that TMR is back, plus I also need silage, grain, and straw to get 100% effectiveness. Must have been an incremental update I wasn't patient enough for.
I just took a look, and is Silage 50%, Hay 30%, Grain 20% - I imagine the Alfalfa Hay can be used instead of grass hay (haven't tried Alfalfa, wonder what the yield is compared to 3.5 cuts of grass hay per year). It seems a TMR Mixer is useless and unneeded on this map. The TMR Mixers still show the old mix (silage, hay, straw, mineral feed) - IIRC, there is a file in the map which would need to be changed to change the mix types/amounts. Eagerly awaiting Maize Plus to get a great change to feeding...but this was indeed a nice touch.

Curious if this behavior is for console as well - as they will never be able to run Maize Plus - if it works on console, other modders might want to consider this - however the down side is that it makes all TMR Mixers worthless, and you can't prep mixed food ahead of time. Its like feeding pigs, without using pig food, but straight crops - its quite a pain to dump the right amounts, as the fill limit is for all food type combined rather than for each food type.

Thanks for this post though and bringing it up, as I am playing this map while waiting to see if Griffin IND will be better - my complaints on Frankenmuth are the lack of farm roads between fields, its far too flat, and the dozens of hectares of forest area using 95% non-Spruce/Pine trees - who wants to chop all that down with a chainsaw???
JKeller Farming

It is that way on mine as well. I shouldn't edit mods late at night. I forgot I tried to edit it to put TMR back in and really muxed it up. I ended up editing the numbers so just Silage and Hay are needed (I think). Either way, at least I can still use the TMR wagon, it seems to split the amounts back up when I dump it in the cow barn.