Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

ajFarmer

Re: Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Post by ajFarmer »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:37 pm Listening to Mr Sealyp the "mayor" of Griffin seems to be in the know :mrgreen:
I just watched the second episode last night. I love how he incorporated the info I sent him without breaking immersion. Really nice to watch and relax to.
“The Mayor"
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

@AJ,

I appreciate how you positioned the old barn and fermenting silo at the beginning farm. I deleted the other sheds and silo's and repositioned things. But the old barn with the access to the basement is awesome. And the painting textures you added are very awesome as well. It made a lot of room for customization. I added a little gravel path and a turn around area down to the basement access. And I'm storing round bales for my cattle operation down there. I take them in and out with a skid loader. I'm on three day months, having a ball. Thank You, again.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

@chedly

Ditto, that barns gotta stay for me too. The silo added......muy bueno!!
FTF
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

@aj

I still have not forgot you mentioning about another project. I'm definitely curious to see what you have up your sleeves
FTF
Patrik T

Post by Patrik T »

ajFarmer wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:54 pm @Dan279- If I smooth it in GE Editor it wont show up on old saves. So I am not going to address this. IRL rough fields can cause harvester and seeding/planting problems so considerer it a accidental touch of realism.
If you own the land you could smooth yourself, If not I guess you will have to take it up with the farmer who does :lol:

@dan1109- Mt Vernon/Train does not except silage or bales of any type. Are you positive the contract said to take it there?
If so it sounds like the script mission00.lua has a bug and that is on GIANTS. Contracts should not ask you to deliver to a station that does not except the product.

@all- If anyone is wondering why I have the train rental now at $100 instead of just making it free, Is its a built in anti-cheat.
GW Storage Silo holds 1 million Liters but there is a daily charge per liter stored like vanilla.
If I made the train rental free you could easily fill the train, which is crazy amount and let it sit there for eternity.
I also use Real Life Numbers on my Ultra Hard save and $100 fits well.
@AJ the crop prices page on PS4 shows Mt. Vernon having prices for grass, hay, silage, and straw. I’ve had a couple contracts go there but got nothing from it. Even had a cotton contract go there, sent the bales on the flat car but didn’t get no credit for it.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

@AJ,

I found a less than desirable behavior when trying to buy manure at the livestock market. Trailers or spreaders can't fill whatsoever. I tried several. However, if you use the Grimme conveyor that can pick up from the ground, it works. Now, I wouldn't really mind this, as I certainly need some Grimme conveyors if I plan to cheaply store manure on the ground (without using the nice manure autoloading silo mod, too expensive for me now)...however, the stock (and all modded versions) Grimme Quantum conveyor CANNOT be towed (and has a max speed of 5kmph). If you connect the Quantum to the floor picker-upper, you then cannot tow the two of them (this was not the case in FS19 - its been bugged from the start of FS22.

Anyways, my work around is to buy and use EDC pay me back, a floor-picker-upper and Quantum, and store them in the shed at the livestock market. Its a bit nice to do this realistically.....and when I will buy mass amounts of manure in the winter, I have the time to do the manual setup. I'm not sure though if you were aware of this and wanted it to be this difficult to buy manure. I suppose the trigger box is far too low (I couldnt find the EDC command to show the fill box, I could only show the tip trigger which is fine where I drop off bales).

Cheers
MrChuck523

Post by MrChuck523 »

Tips for loading the Train:

There are MORE Train Cars than there are ICONS in upper left of the HUD, so it's hard to know what car is active and whether a cover needs to be opened. Here is how I made train loading easy.
1 Park a vehicle near GW loading spout. You can tab to it to view all train cars.
2 When using the train if you leave a cover open, It remains open even after restarting the game. So, I just started at first train car and watching the F1 help menu, (open,close, Cover), I systematically opened every car that was covered, one after the other. Switching to the vehicle to verify all cars open.
3 Now I don't need to see the back of the train any more, I just pull under the spout and start loading, one car after the other until I reach the end of train or run out of product.
Watching the F1 help menu "start loading" only appears when over a loadable car. When the car is full I just pull forward to "start Loading" the next car.

I hope the helps with your game play on this awesome map with a long train.
Thanks ajfarmer
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@dan1109- I have not had any issue with manure trigger @ Larsons ,but also did not try every possible trailer type. I will look into. Thanks for letting me know
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Chedly- I knew you would like the silo. How do you feel about the silage amount per hour? I tried to balance against vanilla silage clamps but the way there handled in game are drastically different so I could not just copy paste vanilla silage clamp to fermenting silo as it is a production.

Also remember I enclosed floor in that barn up stairs for more storage space. I am looking for a old style bale conveyor so I can easily get small square bales up there. There was one for FS19
garyst

Post by garyst »

Got a question for you ajFarmer, I cut some trees on the northern part of the map to make me a field, will those trees reappear with the update? Also last week I had told you about a problem I was having with getting the fields to change their growth state when I took Seasonal Growth off and put it on two day seasons. After I finally got all the fields to change to the harvested state I purchased them all and sold back the ones I didn't want, now the growth pattern for both the fields I own and don't own are working correctly for now and are changing their growth state every other day like I am used to seeing.
Patrik T

Post by Patrik T »

@AJ

The Mt. Vernon sale point does show prices for silage, hay, and grass. I sent some there and nothing showed for the contract(loaded onto the flat car and strapped down.) Just an FYI, not a complaint. Definitely enjoying the map.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@garyst- Good news on the fields, and no the trees should not grow/appear back
garyst

Post by garyst »

ajFarmer wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:54 pm @garyst- Good news on the fields, and no the trees should not grow/appear back
Awesome looking forward to the update. *thumbsup*
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Love the map Aj...I have a question about the silage production at the main farm. I see you set different ratio for hay grass etc how much silage they produce. Is that actual real life numbers? I never thought about this as I think the game have the 1:1 ratio when you make silage.

Anyways loving the map...my guy aim to be the new silage king of Indiana :D
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I don't think silage ratio is 1:1 because of moisture. But I don't know actual numbers.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)