Combining two controller for 1 keybind

george.earlslight

Combining two controller for 1 keybind

Post by george.earlslight »

PC related question.

I'm trying to combine the inputs from two controller to one keybind, so I can have 8 gears with the G29 shifter.
That would be gears 1-4 with a switch from a gear splitter, which I use on ETS2.

I haven't been able to do it with the in-game menu, or by editing the keybinds xml.

Anyone have a workaround for this?
norfolk farmer

Re: Combining two controller for 1 keybind

Post by norfolk farmer »

I have not tried this mod myself but maybe it could be an option.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
george.earlslight

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:21 pm I have not tried this mod myself but maybe it could be an option.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out!
Motologist

Post by Motologist »

There is no way I know of to bind two controllers to one key binding, I went through the same issue as you are. The gearshift key bindings won't accept something like "Gear 1" + "Range Up" as an assignment. I tried *(unsuccessfully) to use my G920 shifter with a range selector and splitter to operate transmissions with more than four gears on the main box.

If you're only using it to drive trucks, the "Extra Gears" mod will work. Set either your range or splitter to be "+6" and the other to be "+12". Personally, I programmed my range selector and splitter for switching ranges as I think it's more useful within the limitations we have. I also adjusted the gearboxes in several trucks to have 6-speed boxes with 2 or three ranges to use the range/splitter controls.
george.earlslight

Motologist wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:18 pm There is no way I know of to bind two controllers to one key binding, I went through the same issue as you are. The gearshift key bindings won't accept something like "Gear 1" + "Range Up" as an assignment. I tried *(unsuccessfully) to use my G920 shifter with a range selector and splitter to operate transmissions with more than four gears on the main box.

If you're only using it to drive trucks, the "Extra Gears" mod will work. Set either your range or splitter to be "+6" and the other to be "+12". Personally, I programmed my range selector and splitter for switching ranges as I think it's more useful within the limitations we have. I also adjusted the gearboxes in several trucks to have 6-speed boxes with 2 or three ranges to use the range/splitter controls.
Thanks for replying, seems we're on the same boat, I have a G29.
I also did the same for my case, change ranges with the splitter.

Checked ETS2 for the matter as I didn't remember what they did; they have a separate setting for the splitter.
I'm going to try out today a software called "rewasd", which supposedly remaps controllers to keyboard keys.
No idea if they can map combinations, or how they'd manage the G29 (analog wheel/pedal inputs + discreet for buttons and shifter).
I'll post here my findings.
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

This may well fail any sense of realism you are going for, however I took a different path. I just use the shift as a switch box with 1st for Group up, 2nd group down and then 5th gear up and 6th gear down. Not aware of anyway to double bind.
george.earlslight

Steel_Horse wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:26 am This may well fail any sense of realism you are going for, however I took a different path. I just use the shift as a switch box with 1st for Group up, 2nd group down and then 5th gear up and 6th gear down. Not aware of anyway to double bind.
No idea if this was ever implemented in reality, but it's a nice solution to be honest, sounds like a serial shifter for both ranges and gears.

Anyway, it's impossible to try and simulate all kinds of gearing ever created, so it's a smart trick.
george.earlslight

Concerning the "rewasd" application, it's a simple one, it can't do what I'm looking for.