Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Honkyfarmer_v1010

Re: Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

@aj, I feel the same on silo now that I have seen the rate. I plan on bunkers or adding mod silos if I need more
FTF
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

ajFarmer wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:03 am I need more input on the Silage Silo Rate

Right now its cyclesPerHour="1000" and it holds 200,000 liters so it would take 200 in Game Hours to empty or 8.3 Days

Settings for days per month/ Time to Empty
1day/month or 8.3 game months
2days/month 4.1 game months
3days/months 2.7 game months
4days/Month 2.1 game months
5days/month 1.7 game months

You can see how days per month drastically change the perception of Time to Empty Time
For comparison Real Life takes 2 Weeks to ferment
Silage Bales on Easy take 1day on Medium 2days Hard 3days

My original goal was to just use it for small animal operation and if you need more use bunker silos
Right now its 24k liters a day that does not seem bad at all to me.
I don't think I want to triple it or even double it honestly, Any opinion's ?
Aj, The issue is that it isnt actually working in the way you describe. your input cycles per hour are turned into a monthly figure which is maintained regardless of the player days per month. So grass only processes at 24000 litres per month, which means it takes 8.3 months to empty, regardless of how many days per month you choose. If you choose 5 days per month it only processes 6000 per day for example. I hold the view that it would be better processing 50 - 70k per month.

As to Dan's point on field size, the meadow grass just on the main lot with the house is enough to fill it. It just strikes me as odd that I could cut that grass twice more before the silo finishes processing the first cut.

It was never my intention to make a huge deal out of this, just thought it warranted some feedback. I have lots of ways to solve if you elect to leave it be.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

@steel_horse

I started my map on 2 day but now I see the issue. Yes it should maybe be adjusted to more per month. Almost need a sliding scale so that it works out to a set amount per day depending on set days per month. Or just make it so a month or 2 in game the entire silo is fermented and not as a production so much
FTF
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

@Steel_Horse

As I said, if your getting more grass than the silo can handle obviously it's going to get blocked up, I think it's the way giants implemented production buildings that causes a lot of problems, for instance the spinnery can except on 48k L, if I remember correctly, but some of the fields that they implemented cotton on in haut B were a lot bigger than that, in terms of harvest, so and seeing that there is no sale point on Haut B for cotton it quickly became a problem.
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
Irishfoxhound

Post by Irishfoxhound »

Dan279 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:38 pm @Steel_Horse

As I said, if your getting more grass than the silo can handle obviously it's going to get blocked up, I think it's the way giants implemented production buildings that causes a lot of problems, for instance the spinnery can except on 48k L, if I remember correctly, but some of the fields that they implemented cotton on in haut B were a lot bigger than that, in terms of harvest, so and seeing that there is no sale point on Haut B for cotton it quickly became a problem.
In business’s there is always a limit in amount that can be handled.. and we do have 3 contracts that run at the same time so allowing one more time to complete contract is ok imo..
Ans cotton bales left at spinnery do reduce in quantity as cotton gets processed
sashaman

sashaman@gmail.com

Post by sashaman »

ajFarmer wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:09 am I have had one more Console player say the had a contract for Cotton for Mt Vernon, it is beginning to look like more more its a Giants mission lua bug Regarding train contracts. Better Contracts I believe now might just expose it more.
:this: this, kinda. i expect filltypeCategories not respected when generating bale missions :search:
i answered your thread on github bettercontracts

also, regarding the small capacity of the spinnery mentioned the pages before,
this is also due to a sort of script-too-simple cause, but there is a mod fixing this in basegame
Production Point Selling Fix
i think the mod description explains the issue here
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Regarding Wool "Buying Stations" I decided to add Wool to Farmers Market and Add Contracts to Farmers Market as well. I also Added contracts to Spinnery, However I will not alter Spinnery production side of it.
This way you still always have a way to sell Cotton fast if your growing your own, but if your doing contracts You may have to decide based on what sell point it goes to. To me that makes the game more interesting.
You may pick the one that goes to Farmers Market over The one to The Spinnery because your hard up for cash, Even know the Spinnery pays more. You get the picture.

Regarding Fermenting Silo. Steel_Horse is correct I was just looking at the xml when I wrote that post up it says cyclesPerHour="1000" but productions convert it to months. Now that that is cleared up here is better spread sheet. I still think its more then I would personally ever need and The profit not including harvest cost is $7000 approximately a day on Easy and 1 Day Month
I like how Bocephus80 described it "It’s an old POS silo and I’m saving up to get a new one that produces more"

I am Lowering price of unit to 50k costsPerActiveHour="10" will remain unchanged.
This might make it more enticing for small farm operation.

cyclesPerHour="1000" 8.3 Months to Empty 24000 Liters per Month
1day Month - 24000 Liters per Day
2Day Months -12000 Liters per Day
3Day Months - 8000 Liters per Day
4Day Months - 6000 Liters per Day
5Day Months - 4800 Liters per Day
Last edited by ajFarmer on Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bpahl2783

Post by Bpahl2783 »

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems starting Griffin 22 on a dedicated server? I've been trying to start a new game, with no mods, but every time I get to 96% synchronizing data with other players my whole game freezes. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Looks good. Now I need to decide, do I keep farming or wait to start a new save with train car updates lol
FTF
MrChuck523

Post by MrChuck523 »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:34 am Looks good. Now I need to decide, do I keep farming or wait to start a new save with train car updates lol
I'm going fishing. I built my farm 3 times (saves). I can do it one more time after the update, so that I can take full advantage of all the changes..
I just think it's really awesome of AJFarmer to put so much effort and hard work into this map for all of us.
We appretiate you AJFarmer!!
Tyler1300

Post by Tyler1300 »

I was just wondering if there are plans to fix the issue on console that says there are "too many trees"? This map looks amazing, but we are currently limited on landscaping due to this issue. Thank you for the help.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

@MrChuck523

I agree, I'm just not sure I need that much train capacity for it to be worth the restart. I may update the map but stick to my save. And I agree, the map has all my wants plus lots more and aj continues to change things to get the most enjoyment from this game. I've been quite content taking my time and enjoying this save. Probably the most fun I've had farming since finding FS17
FTF
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

SAVE SAFE UPDATE 1.2.0.0
Status: On Hold until I get more feed back on Train Contracts
Release Date:

Changelog 1.2.0.0:
-Fixed Visual pedestrian head visible above ground by Laundromat while walking
-Fixed Larson's Manure Buying station to allow filling of Manure Spreaders
-Fixed Can not sell corner house lot West of baseball field after purchase
-Fixed Visual light from lanterns still visible regardless of seasonal changes
-Changed Train Cars to ease loading and increased fill capacity to 1.71 million liters
-Changed GW Elevator Storage Silo to 10 Million liters, Storage fee remained unchanged at .005 per 1000 liters
-Changed Fermenting Silo Mod input/output order for better viewing in Production Menu
-Changed Foliage and Terrain around Farmers Market Grate
-Added Potato and Sugar beet to Larson's Livestock Buying Station
-Added Cotton to Farmers Market
-Added Canola, Soybeans, Sunflowers, and Maize to Farmers Market
-Added Contracts to Farmers Market
-Added Contracts to Spinnery
-Removed Siren sound from downtown
-Removed Contracts to Mt Vernon, Ill via Train Need More Feedback
NOTES:
-SAVE SAFE UPDATE
-Fix for corner lot by baseball field only takes effect on New Save
-Foliage and terrain changes around Farmers Market Grate only take effect on New Save
-Train car changes only take effect on New Save
-Unfinished Contracts to Mt Vernon, Ill via Train will be lost after updating Need More Feedback

-------------
I had to add Canola, Soybeans, Sunflowers, and Maize to Farmers market. I could not figure out how to add it to the Mill without interfering with productions. This update completely eradicates all know bugs and visual glitches.

Everyone please thank coleislazy for outstanding work in beta testing, He was able to troubleshoot and fix multiple issues including
"Can not sell corner house lot West of baseball field after purchase" That I just could not crack. Without his help there is no way the update would have been ready to go this weekend. He also helped to pinpoint numerous visual glitches in the process. :hi:

And many thanks to everyone for all of the feedback. I believe this will be the last update for a long time
Thanks!
ajFarmer
Last edited by ajFarmer on Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

TO ALL:
After a lot of consideration I decided to Hold the update until Monday Evening to get more input on Train Contracts, As you can see from the new change log 1 post up there are now more places for contracts to go to and cotton actually can go to the spinnery. Its possible that because I never had a cotton "buying station" able to except contracts Open Air Garden mod was freaking out. It would take forever to test on my own. So my thinking is keep the train contracts for the time being, I personally like them it adds some realism to the game. PC players can easily change it themselves to allow them but console players cant. I really don't want to limit someone's enjoyment with them because of a potential mod conflict. I can just as easily add a warning not to except any bale contracts of any type including cotton to Mt. Vernon via Train. Problem solved.

Warning: There is no direct evidence that it is Open Air Garden it could still be the mission Lua script
However: I have made the fillTypes changes to sellingStationTrain.xml as suggested by sashaman but it needs to be tested by the masses in order see if it will fix any conflicts. The ideal behind the fix is normally the sellingStationTrain.xml relies on fillTypeCategories="TRAINWAGON" to determine what can go there, He thinks a potential mod or the mission.lua ignores the fillTypeCategories="TRAINWAGON" in certain instances.
So I have replaced it with fillTypes="WHEAT BARLEY OAT CANOLA SORGHUM GRAPE OLIVE SUNFLOWER SOYBEAN MAIZE POTATO SUGARBEET WOODCHIPS SUGARCANE SEEDS" This is how normal stations are set up.

Please Leave feedback regarding Train Contracts, I would like to send the update Monday Evening 9/12/22
Should they stay or Should they go?
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Please keep the train contracts, I really liked loading up a train with 1mil litres.
Like I've posted earlier, if possible, please add some more cameras on the wagon models in the middle and tail of the train as it gets hard to see which wagon is active.