Question about Platinum DLC + FS22 preorder

evilron

Question about Platinum DLC + FS22 preorder

Post by evilron »

I have all the Farming Simulator games on Xbox and Steam except for FS22. I see that they are taking preorders now for FS22 + the Platinum DLC which will launch in the middle of November. My question is, if I preorder this bundle, will I be able to play the base game immediately or will I have to wait until mid-November when the platinum DLC comes out to play the game at all? I cannot find an answer to this question anywhere.

I would do the preorder now if I knew I could play the base game while waiting for the DLC to be released.
Lexie

Re: Question about Platinum DLC + FS22 preorder

Post by Lexie »

I see this queation in the technical issue section before. If I'm correct the answer was yes, the base game was playable but to be sure check/search the forum.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

If you're planning to buy the bundle anyway, you might as well pre-order and you'll find out pretty quick if you can play the base game or not.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:52 pm viewtopic.php?f=964&t=193341
Thanks, that was the topic I was reffering to.
evilron

Post by evilron »

Thank you for the quick replies everyone! I didn't even look in the tech issues section because I didn't consider it a technical issue. That's on me...sorry about that.

I figured Steam would let you play it right away. I usually buy FS on Xbox first and buy it later at Steam in one of their crazy sales. I play more on Xbox because I don't like spending long periods of time in my computer gaming chair (I sit in a computer chair at work all day).

I was just concerned about paying $50 for a game that is almost a year old and not being able to install and play it for almost two more months. I know it seems illogical but stranger things have happened. They should tell us in the DLC trailer that if you buy the bundle now you can play the base game while waiting for the platinum DLC to be released.

When I get off work I'll probably buy it on Xbox. If I do, I'll post the result here so others can see it.
evilron

Post by evilron »

So, I bought it on Xbox ($64.19). Whenever you buy a game on Xbox, it auto installs. This game didn't do that. I had to go find the game again and install it manually. Then, the game wouldn't launch. I had to wait around an hour for the servers to realize that I owned it. On the game card the only option was "manage" where it should have said "play". I just kept going back to the game card around every ten minutes until it said "play". Until then, whenever you click on the game, nothing happens (no launch). I'm using an Xbox Series S if anyone is wondering.

Now, I'm in the game on the title screen. So, it works and you can play the base game while waiting for the platinum expansion. However, you'll have to wait awhile before you can launch the game, which is a bit of a hassle.

I hope this helps anyone else who had the same question.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

evilron wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:32 pm So, I bought it on Xbox ($64.19). Whenever you buy a game on Xbox, it auto installs. This game didn't do that. I had to go find the game again and install it manually. Then, the game wouldn't launch. I had to wait around an hour for the servers to realize that I owned it. On the game card the only option was "manage" where it should have said "play". I just kept going back to the game card around every ten minutes until it said "play". Until then, whenever you click on the game, nothing happens (no launch). I'm using an Xbox Series S if anyone is wondering.

Now, I'm in the game on the title screen. So, it works and you can play the base game while waiting for the platinum expansion. However, you'll have to wait awhile before you can launch the game, which is a bit of a hassle.

I hope this helps anyone else who had the same question.
I suppose the game was still downloading in the background.
evilron

Post by evilron »

Lexie,

No. It had finished downloading about half an hour before I tried to start the game. I was fixing an end table that my dog broke and I was watching the download on the screen the whole time. The repair took longer than I thought it would and my download screen on my Xbox was empty for quite some time before I got back to it. My internet download speed is 1200 Mbps. Games don't take very long for me to download unless the source is slow. Downloads on Xbox are usually 500 Mbps - 800 Mbps for me. Anyway, the queue was empty and FS22 was in the recently installed list above the queue about 30 minutes before I got back to my Xbox.

I also downloaded the DLC that came with it (Claas) and downloaded the free AGI DLC too. Both are downloaded and installed but are not in my game. When I try to download them from the mods screen, I get the option to buy them. If I click on "buy now" it goes to the Xbox store and tells me I own them. I have downloaded and installed those two DLCs several times but they are still not available to me in the game.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Strange, but I've read here more posts from people having trouble with a installed pre-order dlc in combination with dlc already out. The dlc's which are already out where not working until the pre-order dlc was removed.
evilron

Post by evilron »

Lexie wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:49 pm Strange, but I've read here more posts from people having trouble with a installed pre-order dlc in combination with dlc already out. The dlc's which are already out where not working until the pre-order dlc was removed.
I read that too. I uninstalled everything earlier and cleared the cache. Then I reinstalled everything except the pre-order for the platinum edition. No change.

My Xbox Series S does some weird stuff sometimes but I don't generally have the game breaking problems that others have. I had Forza Horizon 5 pre-ordered. When it finally came out and installed to my system, it has the accessibility options on. However, they are off in the options screen. I have tried everything to turn them off (the constant narration is very annoying). They are permanently on no matter what I do. I have four accounts on my Xbox and this only happens on my primary account. The other three accounts have never had any problems. My primary Xbox live account is 19 years old. I think it has become possessed. lol