GIANTS is everything ok?

fcdrifter13

Re: GIANTS is everything ok?

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:32 pm
What does a google search prove? That someone released a similar mod or a mod by the same name? Do you realize how many different versions of mods there are out there? And how many are claimed to be made from scratch? Unless someone can show that its definitely their work and not someone elses then google is not going to help. And honestly the only person who should be claiming that a mod is stolen is the original creator
There really are not that many mods out there once you sort through all of the stolen garbage. I would bet that 90% of modhub,us is stolen, ripped, or reuploaded and ports. If you actually pay attention to what mods are what you notice things. Lets take the 8000 series JD on the modhub has cab components from the 8400 from fs15 which is actually stolen bits from the 8020 from fs15. I know this and I haven't even played fs15. So you cant tell me when its your job to handle mods that you are not looking for these things.

Stop giving excuses and start looking at ways to make it better.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:07 am Stop giving excuses and start looking at ways to make it better.
Here ya go pal: https://giants-software.com/career.php
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:06 am
fcdrifter13 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:07 am Stop giving excuses and start looking at ways to make it better.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:06 am
I think if you've ever completed something, anything, you're over qualified.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Whilst I agree that it's a shame that these things happen, I will defend Giants here.

Giants tester cannot possibly be aware of every single mod from every single FS game past and know who the original author is, then know every mod inside and out enough to go "yep, that front right mudguard is stolen from [X] mod from [Y] author back in FS13". It is unrealistic to expect that from Giants - or anyone, for that matter. Equally, even if that's the case, express permissions to use elements aren't always listed, so that would be an immediate rejection if it were spotted - and with the rejections some people report now such as incorrect images, that will just end in tears anyway with the "but [x] gave me permission to use that, now I have to wait two weeks to be tested again! Giants bad!"

That's why the Abuse email exists. It's a joint effort of the community and Giants alike to report these things when they happen. It's also why I helped to get the previous two mods removed - the faster the better, and yesterday's was taken off for investigation in around 30 minutes. It's why Giants punish those who steal mods by removing the mods, halting their rewards, or ban them entirely when found guilty. Again, it's entirely unrealistic to expect Giants to spot things from other mods all of the time, especially when we're talking about converted FS15 mods from obscure websites with authors that are either unknown, not active, or not even the original authors themselves. Giants aren't perfect, ModHub isn't perfect, but I feel some people are using this as just another reason to smear dirt for the sake of joining in the "Giants bad" brigade.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:13 pm So in two days, two mods had shown up on mod hub that were stolen. Only taken down when members of the modding community reached out and had a say, and it still took an ambassador to get their attention.
Just a small correction on this.

The reports would have had their attention, and would have been dealt with either way, the fact I handed it directly under their nose only sped the process up. :)
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage