Platinum expansion speculation

TacoFarmer

Platinum expansion speculation

Post by TacoFarmer »

Autoload for logs is coming to consoles,I'm sure pc has autoload for logs already in the game so this wouldn't be anything new for pcers.
There's no way you're going to load that container if it's not helping you.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Beastbubba

Re: Platinum expansion speculation

Post by Beastbubba »

No physics fixes is my guess. Cool addons for forestry, but same frustrating physics issues.

Agreed about auto load for those containers, they either have it or are completely useless...
PC gamer.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, videos have shown changes to log physics already, so I think we can count on that...
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Noraf wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:49 pm Well, videos have shown changes to log physics already, so I think we can count on that...
What changes?
Motologist

Post by Motologist »

I doubt we'll see major physics changes, but I think Giants will implement tweaks to improve quality-of-life. We know from the Farmcon demo video there is some autoload capability as the JD 843-II feller buncher and the Impex T50 are can autoload and carry logs after cutting them. Based on Giants having a keybinding for closing the T50's grab, it seems different from the current log grabs in the game. I also suspect they're relying on the locking script used on lowloaders to improve log grabbing interactions for machines like the L200H. I highly doubt log physics will be drastically improved, but I think they'll be more manageable. With a little thought put into choosing equipment, I've been able to have a pretty stress-free forestry experience lately.

I'm anticipating the Volvo EC250DL and EC380DL will have interchangeable tools like wheel loaders/etc. have now. The one image we've seen shows a U.S-spec log grapple, both real life machines can be equipped with harvester heads. A harvester head on those machines aligns with Giants adding the ability to tilt harvester heads and delimb entire logs with them. I'm expecting they'll add larger wheel loader tools for the L180H in addition to the pallet forks we've been shown. Hoping for some two track Komatsu equipment like the XT and PC-series machines.

I really wish Giants would add more chainsaws, I doubt they will. West coast fallers aren't running around with Stihl 261's and Husky 550's; adding the Stihl 500i and the Husqvarna 572XP or 592XP would make more sense. Small saws taking longer to cut would be a nice feature, I really doubt they'd implement it. I'm also hoping Giants allows modders access to whatever script they've implemented to allow tree harvesters and bunchers to autoload. We've had feller bunchers in the game before, but they've been frustratingly unusable due to game physics and lack of prototypical controls.

I speculate we won't see any U.S. or Canadian-spec folding pole trailers. Modders have tried to make ones that work well since FS15, I can only think of one that *maybe* worked. Making a trailer dynamically change lengths through a corner is a physics nightmare. There are also no in-game brands that manufacture them.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

I doubt they’re going to show anything in their own videos that makes the game look bad we’re going to have to wait until release