Watching MRSealyp on PS5 FS22 thoughts

norfolk farmer

Re: Watching MRSealyp on PS5 FS22 thoughts

Post by norfolk farmer »

If the sidepanel no longer working is their much chance anything else will work would be my thought.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Stedjan90 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:05 pm Anyone know if farming sim 22 supports Thrustmaster Flight Hotas 4 joystick for ps5? Just ordered it yesterday
If what's said here is true, no USB device has any hope of ever working in a native PS5 game without a change in Sony policy. In ANY game. Which just makes NO sense. No wheels for any racing game, no controllers for any flying game, no dance mat for any dancing game, etc etc nothing.

The console has three A ports and a C port, why are they even on the console if developers can't use them with plugged in devices?
Bretticus1989

Post by Bretticus1989 »

I have a question ...
I'm playing on the ps5 and I'm not quite sure about the whole heavy equipment bundle ..
If I play fs19 ps4 version on my ps5 everything works
If I play fs22 ps4 version on my ps5 either the panel or the pedals work 1 at a time but not both
If I play fs22 ps5 version on my ps5 nothing works ..
If they had removed the use for ps5 why is it only on the ps5 version of fs22 and why can I still use one at a time on the ps4 version playing on the same console ???
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

Bretticus1989 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:43 pm I have a question ...
I'm playing on the ps5 and I'm not quite sure about the whole heavy equipment bundle ..
If I play fs19 ps4 version on my ps5 everything works
If I play fs22 ps4 version on my ps5 either the panel or the pedals work 1 at a time but not both
If I play fs22 ps5 version on my ps5 nothing works ..
If they had removed the use for ps5 why is it only on the ps5 version of fs22 and why can I still use one at a time on the ps4 version playing on the same console ???
Its blocked in the Sony SDK for PS5. Easly explained as the softwar to make PS5 games. Thats why the PS4version works on PS5 becuse its made whit PS4 software. Thats the short answer 🙂
FarmerGeoff

Post by FarmerGeoff »

I bought WRC10, a native PS5 racing simulator. When I fired it up, it immediately recognized my wheel and pedals and worked perfectly.

So the claim that Sony removed USB support from the SDK doesn’t seem correct. Otherwise, the wheel and pedal would not have worked on WRC.

Bottom line: if one PS5 game developer can get a USB device to work with the game, any of them can.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

FarmerGeoff wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:54 am Bottom line: if one PS5 game developer can get a USB device to work with the game, any of them can.
My understanding from various posts I have read is that usb support is given by Sony for ‘approved products’ so it’s the wheel/panel manufacturers problem, not giants.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Judging how a lot of manufacturers have recently announced or released new "Gran Turismo Officially Licensed" wheels it would not surprise me if it was more the case of Sony not supporting old wheels like the Heavy Equipment Wheel and Panel, and instead are only allowing new wheels like the 923 from Logitech, TGTII from Thrustmaster and the Gran Turismo Direct Drive from Fanatec to be natively supported by the PS5 in PS5 games. I'm sure the wheel manufacturers don't mind at all that people need to buy the new wheels, as it's great for them to sell new products. Just one of the many tricks these major companies do that's a bit anti-consumer.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Stegei wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:32 pm Unfortunately Sony removed the USB support from their PlayStation SDKs, so that the side panel (and the farm wheel) can no longer be supported on PlayStation.

We did open a feature request with Sony quite a while ago, but I don't expect this to be changed soon.
Can I bring this up again and ask if you there is any headway? Also Sony told me that usb keyboards works on the ps5 and I was wondering if those key bindings would work for us console players if we uses the keyboard? I mean I rather the side panel worked since I bought it, but ultimately, I want the more functions like hazard lights and ease of pushing a button to do tasks faster. They said keyboard bindings was up to developers not them
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Bocephus80

Post by Bocephus80 »

This is why I am still on PS4. Plus it allows me to shift gears with the joystick *thumbsup*
PS4Pro