Platinum excitement?

thomson125

Re: Platinum excitement?

Post by thomson125 »

I'm looking forward to it. Mostly for the vintage Volvo machines, don't really care for the forestry aspect of the game, unless the expansion brings some changes with it.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Ag Hauler wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:39 pm
I can see something like this being modded to make a haylift into the upper stories of the older barns
I'm more thinking of lifting it from one edge if a field, and up hillsides either to my farm, if in reach, or to a suitable location for loading for transport.
It might be that the access to the field isn't suitable for a truck etc.
Atleast i'm confident i'll find a good excuse for it😁
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I am looking forward to it, but we still do not know what it will include, since there are no machine list here yet:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc-d ... 22platinum

I already ordered Season pass, so even the forestry does not work for me, i think i will play new map, use new Volvo trucks and loaders and tractors.
Since we do not know all features and machinery yet, also we do not know they changed forestry physics, so forestry is big question mark for me, maybe i like it, maybe not.

Release date is just 3 weeks away and not much info out there about this DLC, my hopes are high, but i am ready to disappoint.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

It's not something that interests me personally so I will not be using it a great deal .That said let's hope that for those who do want to use it that we see a vast improvement in logging physics. It has been mentioned that modders maybe able to expand upon some of the elements but I'd guess being a DLC it will be locked from remembering when the Claas DLC brought the 3D tracks and the issues that caused.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Wyldesystem wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:38 am Is there somewhere to read about whats confirmed in the expansion??
Our News and Announcements Forum gets a new thread with every new blogpost we make. -> viewforum.php?f=876 and someone also posted a direct link to our websites news section. :)
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:45 am Evidently they only "finish" releasing fact sheets on discord and I don't care to use it personally. I am sure someone on here knows more than me... probably a lot more lol
The Fact Sheet Collection is right here on the Forums or on our Website :D viewtopic.php?f=876&t=195108
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
JayC

Post by JayC »

I wouldn't say I'm necessarily looking forward to it, but I am intrigued. Since I bought the season pass, I guess I'm getting it regardless. I had bought it around the time they announced the Kubota DLC, so well before the announcement of the Platinum DLC. I've not done forestry in FS22. I've played FS22 very little, actually. My Farm Sim time is very little these days, only playing with a friend every so often in FS19. I've also done little forestry in FS19, except for what me and my friend did in multiplayer. I don't remember touching forestry at all in FS17. In FS15 I tried it for maybe 10 or 20 minutes, grew frustrated with the bad physics and didn't touch it again. For me, that's where the crux of it all lies. If Giants have improved the physics enough so it's not a frustrating mess, I might enjoy it for something a bit different. The equipment itself looks pretty good. If the physics aren't any better, I'll probably be done with it in 10 minutes.
catfan1212

Post by catfan1212 »

Now im just hoping the new automatic tree grab feature is toggleable so i can turn it off since i prefer doing it the current way like the weirdo i am :biggrin2:
farming on ps4 :biggrin2:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Those forestry harvesters look nice and that planter
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

That planter yes, hopefully you can plant more than just those new trees with it.
Reforestation project incoming 😁
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

nop no and it doesn't excite me or interest me like the hoses dlc which by the way is very expensive I never thought I wouldn't pay for a dlc and that was the exception hahaha but the wood is not what I bought this game for, it's agriculture
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Forestry is agriculture
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Chaki we both know those fact sheets weren't up there when I made that comment. In fact at that time there was only one set and it was weeks behind :lol:
Thanks for taking the time to update it no less :)

And that planter! You guys are putting some really cool machines out, some of which are completely new to the game. I get a bit more excited with every bit of news.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

I am waiting to see how the physics perform before i decide if i will finally get serious about logging , They put me off in previous versions of the game
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

I'm cautiously optimistic, forestry was one of the reasons I got into the FS series, so I'm happy to see it finally getting some attention. That being said some of the recent game additions (AI and productions) have been pretty half arsed so I'm trying not to let my expectations get too high.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

eric21 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:30 pm Forestry is agriculture
And the game is called farming simulator not agricultural simulator
Last edited by UncleRico on Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.