Newbie Contract Question

Gweilouk

Newbie Contract Question

Post by Gweilouk »

I have two harvest contracts running in parallel, both harvesting potatoes and delivering to Johnson's Farmers Market on the Elm Creek map. This started out OK with each field's load being allocated to the correct contract on delivery. I quit the game for a while and came back to it later... delivered a load from field 10, allocated correctly. Then I delivered a load from field 36.... it allocated it to field 10. Tried another load from field 36, again allocated to the field 10 contract.

I guess my questions are:
1) Is this a glitch and should I avoid running two similar contracts like this in future?
2) I assume the £15k contract form field 36 can't now be finished as two loads have gone towards the field 10 total so I'll lose the value of the contract and be charged for the missing crops as well?
3) Should I just carry on with both fields and hope that the profit from the additional crop will mitigate the loss from the other contract? This assumes that the game doesn't go back to recognizing the different fields.
TheGazbeard

Re: Newbie Contract Question

Post by TheGazbeard »

When that happens, what normally follows is that the game will finish one contract from the product from both fields, then - if you don't collect payment on the first contract - you can continue harvesting from both fields to finish the second contract.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Eische

Post by Eische »

Just finish both fields.
Once you delivered all crop to complete field 10, it will automatically switch to allocate it to field 36.

You will be able to finish both contracts.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Spardose

Post by Spardose »

Just dont close them in the contract menu before both are done.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

The funny thing is, try taking your own potatoes, from your own silo, that you harvested from your own field, to the same sell point. It will be credited to the contract rather than you.

This is a bug they introduced in 19, said they were going to fix, didn't, and it obviously carried over to 22 via ctrl-c/crtl-v.

Gweilouk

Post by Gweilouk »

Thanks for the help all. I followed the advice and both contracts completed :-)

Your help and advice is genuinely appreciated.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:10 pm The funny thing is, try taking your own potatoes, from your own silo, that you harvested from your own field, to the same sell point. It will be credited to the contract rather than you.

This is a bug they introduced in 19, said they were going to fix, didn't, and it obviously carried over to 22 via ctrl-c/crtl-v.

Its not a bug. Spuds are spuds. Its actually quite handy to approach some contracts like that, for example, make a bunch of hay and store it near the Animal Dealer, when a hay contract pops up, supply the hay, mow the field then make silage.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

paul_c wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:39 am
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:10 pm The funny thing is, try taking your own potatoes, from your own silo, that you harvested from your own field, to the same sell point. It will be credited to the contract rather than you.

Its not a bug. Spuds are spuds. Its actually quite handy to approach some contracts like that, for example, make a bunch of hay and store it near the Animal Dealer, when a hay contract pops up, supply the hay, mow the field then make silage.
Giants said it was a bug. It's their game, they should know.
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:50 pm
So let's play your game for a minute, have you got an official statement from Giants saying it's a bug or are you just trolling again?
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Do you have a link for that?
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Dan279 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:55 pm
So let's play your game for a minute, have you got an official statement from Giants saying it's a bug or are you just trolling again?
I wouldn't say "Giants said it was a bug" if they didn't say it was a bug. The report was for 19 before they changed their bug tracking system to the current mess.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

paul_c wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:04 pm

Do you have a link for that?
Nope. You can believe me or not, but they agreed it was a bug.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I don't think its a bug. Here is why: Let's say you have 2 contracts, small fields of wheat, and a big trailer. You combine and half fill the trailer from field 1, then combine the other field. It would be inefficient to drive a half full trailer across the map twice, so you just keep filling the same trailer. Now, if you wanted to have wheat from each field differentiated, you'd either need to block filling the trailer from the other field, or label every grain of wheat with the field it came from. And once you've considered that, what about the combine's tank? If they're close enough, you'd not even empty the tank, you'd just keep combining. What about fields which were/are different numbers but are joined up? What about if you put it into an intermediate silo? etc

I don't think they agreed it was a bug in any official capacity, but if you can't provide a link........
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

paul_c wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:49 pm I don't think its a bug. Here is why: Let's say you have 2 contracts, small fields of wheat, and a big trailer. You combine and half fill the trailer from field 1, then combine the other field. It would be inefficient to drive a half full trailer across the map twice, so you just keep filling the same trailer. Now, if you wanted to have wheat from each field differentiated, you'd either need to block filling the trailer from the other field, or label every grain of wheat with the field it came from. And once you've considered that, what about the combine's tank? If they're close enough, you'd not even empty the tank, you'd just keep combining. What about fields which were/are different numbers but are joined up? What about if you put it into an intermediate silo? etc

I don't think they agreed it was a bug in any official capacity, but if you can't provide a link........
Here's another scenario.
You Accept a contract to harvest/deliver wheat.
Your trailer is currently full of your own wheat, from your own field.
You deliver your wheat to the sell point, so you can begin the contract.
The sell point credits YOUR wheat to the contract, and you get no money.
You cancel the contract.
Your wheat is gone, the NPC still has all his, and also has the money from your wheat.

I understand why it's a bug, because the developers didn't bother to come up with a way to differentiate the crops.
You can think what you want, but I know what I know...
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

It was stated at certain point that is a bug. Unfortunately it isnt fixed and probably wont be at this point.