UncleRico

Re: season pass 2

Post by UncleRico »

😂
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:28 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:54 pm IMHO no expansion pack will satisfy us all. I hate logging. I hate precision farming. For me, this is a time filler with a little challenge. I do log a little. I fool with PF. Mostly, I play casually. I’m amused people are seeking so much realism from a game. Real farming can’t be duplicated sitting in front of a monitor, thank goodness. I don’t want the callouses, financial insecurity based on so many potential crop busters, or the sunburns (had one melanoma already). To you who enjoy the reality quest, more power to you. I use very little in expansion packs and play logging maps like so called survival maps. Nevertheless, despite all the previous, I’ll buy the expansion packs and season passes because I like this game. There’s always SOMETHING I like and I support games I think are worthwhile. To each his or her own. BTW I’m not too macho about this. I’m a dudette, not a dude. I’m tired of the assumption I’m a guy. 🙄

So what would you like?
I think there's lots of reasons people buy stuff and I don't think it matters. Just when they buy something that isn't revealed yet and have unrealistic expectations. If your prepared to buy an unknown you should be prepared for the unknown.

You sound like it's not just the sun that you've been burnt by 😉😂
What would I like? That really is a good question. While I say I don’t like logging, it’s just that I can’t get my old 76 year old reflexes and motor control to handle the controls. That’s why I “hire a tree service contractor” to remove the trees and have someone else haul them off. And, I do admire people who can “do it all.”

I like animals a lot and wish, like some, they were more complicated. There could be disease prevention, nutritional complexity, in horses there could be different kinds of training, like hacking, dressage training or hunter/jumper training. There could be goats, ducks, BARN CATS, horse/mule drawn equipment.
But, what do I know ? Nothing about modding.

I don’t mention these things because I know it’s a minority view.

My main wish is a “simplified” version of logging, though, in addition to the “hard core” logging. Since I’m playing on XBox, I’m aware of the limitations I face and know most of all of this is unlikely. However, I’ve been surprised several times in the past years something I ask for shows up, like fish farming and earlier, horses. I can chop down trees, delimb them, but loading them on trucks has frustrated me. I’ve tried for hours and hours. I’m reading that automatic log loading is out for console.

So, I’m like everyone else. I have wants and limitations, but am trying to be realistic, knowing I’m in a minority here. What I really wish is people would stop being so judgmental and argumentative when their wants are different from others. Disagreement is great, but attacks aren’t. And, saying someone “didn’t mean it that way” is often a face saving maneuver.

Anyway, I tend to be a pacifist and avoid confrontation most of the time. I grew up in the “hippy rebellions.” And, I tend to stick up for people I think are being picked on. That’s my problem, though.

Thank you for asking. Since my husband bought FS 15 for me as a joke years ago, it’s my favorite non RPG game. I would do almost anything to keep it going, including, yes, paying for content I probably won’t use. I worked in technology for a number of years as a school network director, an Access database “coder,” and Linux administrator, so I realize changes are often harder than many think. “Just push whatever buttons you need to to make it work,” was the attitude. One change can have such cascading results, both good and bad, that can make what seems a simple change a nightmare.

Anyway, thank you for asking. I’m sure that’s more than you ever wanted.

And, as for my husband: The joke’s on you. :biggrin2:
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, you do now have automatic loading of logs via the containers.
One can hope that they will be implemented in modmaps (not sure if that would be automatically added, or if modders have to do something for them to be able to be sold on a modmap)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Neu-Minibrunn supports platinum stuffs including being able to get ore and sell containers.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:04 pm
I like animals a lot and wish, like some, they were more complicated. There could be disease prevention, nutritional complexity, in horses there could be different kinds of training, like hacking, dressage training or hunter/jumper training. There could be goats, ducks, BARN CATS, horse/mule drawn equipment.

These are not a minority view. I think everyone would love too see animals improved.
I believe OxygenDavid is working on a few new animals types on his coming soon courtfarm map so you might want to check that out when it comes out.
As you can imagine making new animals are certainly not easy hence the lack of mods so far for them.
I think it's more of a engine issue and therefore up to giants to change the game engine so it can better cope with animals and all the complexities that come with them.
.... I also use autoloading for most things just don't have the patience to load anything these days 😂
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Everyone are taking it too far, many would be better, but everyone isn't true

(Yes, I don't want any improvement to the animals, they are a very side thing for me)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:36 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:04 pm

These are not a minority view. I think everyone would love too see animals improved.
I believe OxygenDavid is working on a few new animals types on his coming soon courtfarm map so you might want to check that out when it comes out.
As you can imagine making new animals are certainly not easy hence the lack of mods so far for them.
I think it's more of a engine issue and therefore up to giants to change the game engine so it can better cope with animals and all the complexities that come with them.
.... I also use autoloading for most things just don't have the patience to load anything these days 😂
New animals mod for FS22 in Portuguese language, but there is also EN subtitle.
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:04 pm These are not a minority view. I think everyone would love too see animals improved.
Nope not everyone. I like how animals are now.. I want to play this game for fun. and not stress out like it was with seasons mod in fs19..
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
SimulatedFarmer

Sneaks wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:15 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:04 pm These are not a minority view. I think everyone would love too see animals improved.
Nope not everyone. I like how animals are now.. I want to play this game for fun. and not stress out like it was with seasons mod in fs19..
I’m laughing because the animals are relaxing to me. And reminded there’s something for everyone here.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:19 pm
I’m laughing because the animals are relaxing to me. And reminded there’s something for everyone here.
I'm also laughing cause they misquoted you 😂.
I'll hold my hands up I should know by now never to use absolutes when it comes to the farm sim fan base 🤣.
I just think young animals would be cool.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:14 pm Neu-Minibrunn supports platinum stuffs including being able to get ore and sell containers.
That map looks soooo pretty.
SimulatedFarmer

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:31 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:19 pm

I'm also laughing cause they misquoted you 😂.
I'll hold my hands up I should know by now never to use absolutes when it comes to the farm sim fan base 🤣.
I just think young animals would be cool.
The Seasons mod in 19 was wicked!
SimulatedFarmer

hun3 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:15 pm
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:14 pm Neu-Minibrunn supports platinum stuffs including being able to get ore and sell containers.
That map looks soooo pretty.
Thank you, both. I’m looking at it today.
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:03 pm Here's what I would have in the DLCs

1st DLC - the corn fodder one
- Case Puma
- Case Optum
- Case SB541 with or without bale thrower, small square baler with a trailer hitch
- Case RB565 round baler
- Case WR302 wheel rake
- Lizard catch wagon
- New mechanic - mulchers can produce corn fodder (straw) selectably when mulching harvested corn. Chopped corn cannot be mulched (probably not going to happen)
- New mechanic - corn fodder bales treated as straw

2nd DLC - mountains
- Deere 959MH tracked harvester and feller buncher configurations
- Deere 3756G swing machine
- Deere 768L-II bogie skidder
- Tatra Phoenix with dump, logging, flatbed and tractor configurations. 6x4 to 10x10 configurations
- Koller K702 yarder mounted on tracks
- Sawmill placable

Bonus
- Oxbo lime and fertilizer spreader

3rd DLC - improve productivity
- GPS
- Containers autoload palletized products as well
- Warehouse that can be distributed to from production sites
- Lode King super-b flat bed
- Lizard container forklift

4th DLC - carrot harvesting
- New map
- Asalift CM-100E carrot harvester
- Asalift T-260 carrot harvester
- Asalift SP-260 carrot harvester
- Fendt Momentum planter in 40 and 60 ft configurations
- Carrot production line to juice (add in soybean and corn production lines at same time)
- Carrots & potatoes can be sold in boxes as well as bulk, slight price increase for box
- Versatile DeltaTrack
- Versatile 275 to 365 MFWD tractor
- Versatile Nemesis tractor (what the top end Kubota is when painted orange)
- Versatile Tandem Disc - acts as plow
- Versatile Viking - disc

Stuff I'd pay for that they will never do because it's too much work:
- Proper NA duals and signage (that folds) on at least the major brands
a momentum planter would be instabuy for me
SimulatedFarmer

What is a momentum planter?