Sowing Contract Issue

Gweilouk

Sowing Contract Issue

Post by Gweilouk »

I'm new to the game so this is probably me just being dim but I have now taken 2 sowing contracts, 1 Cotton and 1 Potatoes and have come out very badly in terms of reward in both. In the first case I borrowed the equipment, bought the seeds and loaded the seeder. When I arrived at the field I started sowing and noted that I was being charged for something as I worked the field. Looking at the infor after the contract completed it seems I was charged for fertilizer and come out of a 10k contract with about 4k in profit.

I then did the Potato sowing contract, again with a value of 10k is and actually lost about 6k. In this instance I was charged for Seed and Fertilizer. I had filled to machine with seed, left over from the previous contract, and wasn't asked in either case to fertilize the field. What am I doing wrong please?
cwattyeso

Re: Sowing Contract Issue

Post by cwattyeso »

Did you use an AI Helper during the sowing and do you have it set in the options for the AI Helper to buy Seed, Fertiliser, Fuel and things like that? That's normally how you end up getting charged for stuff you didn't buy if you left it up to the AI.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Gweilouk

Post by Gweilouk »

Thank you kindly for the reply, I'll check the setting as I have basically left them alone... I did say I was new to this right... and as I hired an AI worker it sounds like that's exactly what I did!

All I have to do now is work out this weeding contract that won't remove weeds and won't let me use a sprayer!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Weeding Contract - Check what growth state the weeds are in. You might find you need to use a Hoe to remove the weeds, rather then the weeder. Weeder's only remove weeds that haven't appeared on the field yet or are in their first growth stage. A hoe will allow the removal of weeds in their second growth stage.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

i can't figure out how to get the hoe. which category is it in?
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Sowing potatoes is really expensive if you have to use seed and is time consuming too - you've learned the hard way to avoid such contracts (don't worry, we've all been there!). If I do contracts I typically stick to fertilising and harvesting ('regular' crops), maybe some cultivating. Harvesting contracts offer a bonus of excess yield which you can keep or sell - just check the field is in a good state (fertilised, free of weeds etc) before accepting the contract.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

chaskuchar1 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:35 am i can't figure out how to get the hoe. which category is it in?
It's under weeders the second one along called Chopstar 5-90 + Row-guard only one at £51,000
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

thank you. havent logged on for a bit. will try to buy it.
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode