season pass 2

UncleRico

Re: season pass 2

Post by UncleRico »

You can’t really classify it as gambling though because there’s people who are going to buy all the dlc whether they use them or not so it’s really just pre ordering. It’s no different than preordering a game, you know roughly what it’s going to be about but you don’t know everything about it.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, I'd probably end up buying them all, which is why I have no problem with the seasons pass.
But for others it is a gamble. And those are the ones you often hear nagging about the seasons passes.

And, if they can't afford the gamble, they should not get it, but they really don't need to nag about that the seasons pass exist.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

I don’t really have a gripe against the season pass itself and I used to get them but to be honest things like cake baking, sailboats, and roller coasters have me holding off, when I see them pushing more into traditional farming they’ll get my money back. I will say this go around does on the surface look to be a bit more promising, it’s good to potential see some new crops or things to do with existing ones.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:48 pm
Decriptus wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:56 pm I just wish game companies would be more transparent about their product. I don't go buy a pair of shoes just because the box looks cool....I can actually see the shoes
According to Kermit, the deals they have with the manufactures mean that they can only announce specifics at set timeframes.

On one hand, I get it. On the other hand, negotiate better.
John Deere has 1.1million followers on Instagram farming simulator has sold 4 million copies of their game. Giants should be holding all the aces.
FS22 is a huge marketing platform brands should be paying Giants to get their products in the game...

Hell I know if I was marketing any brand I would be hiring a team to make my products into mods for Fs22 for sure.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Not many 12 year olds buy tractors though.....
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

paul_c wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:38 pm Not many 12 year olds buy tractors though.....
Every farm manager and procurement officer in the world was 12 years old once. The brands you love as a kid will stick with you for life!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Most of the farmers I know including myself don't have Instagram and never have used it, so saying who has more followers is irrelevant. We don't need Instagram or follow John deere to know about it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

What's funny is that I would have paid some money for the AGI pack, but they gave that one away free. Thanks Giants!
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

As someone who plays the game and farms in real life I’m not looking for brands I could buy on my real life farm while playing the game, I’m looking for the brands I already own and am familiar with to be in the game. Giants stands to lose way more losing a major brand than the other way around.
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:49 am Most of the farmers I know including myself don't have Instagram and never have used it, so saying who has more followers is irrelevant. We don't need Instagram or follow John deere to know about it.
They said FS has more game sales than JD has Instagram followers, and that's not even a comparison. For the record, JD has 1.1 million followers and FS only has 391 thousand. The probably earn more from software than Giants too.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:28 pm
Decriptus wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:56 pm I just wish game companies would be more transparent about their product. I don't go buy a pair of shoes just because the box looks cool....I can actually see the shoes
According to Kermit, the deals they have with the manufactures mean that they can only announce specifics at set timeframes.

John Deere has 1.1million followers on Instagram farming simulator has sold 4 million copies of their game. Giants should be holding all the aces.
FS22 is a huge marketing platform brands should be paying Giants to get their products in the game...

Hell I know if I was marketing any brand I would be hiring a team to make my products into mods for Fs22 for sure.
It makes no sense to compare JD followers with Giants sales.

You should do your research and come back with JD followers vs Giants followers, and JD sales vs Giants sales.
Otherwise, don't even think about getting into marketing.

Copy/paste
Deere annual revenue for 2022 was $52.577B
I don't think it was Farming Simulator that drove in those sales, and is not a huge marketing platform.
JD is doing Giants a favor, not the other way around.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:53 pm

You should do your research and come back with JD followers vs Giants followers, and JD sales vs Giants sales.

Copy/paste
I don't think it was Farming Simulator that drove in those sales, and is not a huge marketing platform.
That doesn't matter.
The lock on your door is tiny compared to your house but if you don't have the key then your not getting in.
No matter how important you think you are.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Are you saying the "lock" is Giants and the "house" is JohnDeere, if that's the case, the lock is probably broke so no key needed lol
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:17 pm
That doesn't matter.
The lock on your door is tiny compared to your house but if you don't have the key then your not getting in.
Don't care about the lock when it is always unlocked. Also if giants is the lock then you could always get a new lock or break in somewhere else. Also you are really bad at these comparisons. They are terrible.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:17 pm
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:53 pm

Copy/paste
That doesn't matter.
I don't think Giants is the "key" to JD raking in 52 Billion.
If you think JD success and fame is due a game, you're only kidding yourself.