Things I'd like to see in the next FS Game

NickD94

Things I'd like to see in the next FS Game

Post by NickD94 »

To Giants Developers & Community Managers

First off I'd like to say FS22 has taken a step forward but I would like to see some improvements mainly toward Seasonal cycles added some more features from Seasons Mod.

Crop Moisture - This is a feature i really want to see added like in Seasons

Germination - Possible random failed germination spots like in Seasons.

Crop Rotation - Roating crops like Seasons had

Drying Corn - Added Dry Corn a lot of farmers do dry corn so I think it be nice to have it game game but it can also have a toggle system if you do not want it but dry corn can earn more money if you decide to go this route.

Now I know not everyone would be a fan of all these features so have them Toggle on or Off for added realism for thoses that want it as there is many people that would like to see more of the seasons mod features added to base game even of it can be toggled off or on.

The 4 features I listed are my top wants to for the next game hopefully we see them in the next game or at some point.
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )
FarmerJohn89

Re: Things I'd like to see in the next FS Game

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Crop moisture is already in the game cause you can't cut when it's raining...
Germination *censored* in seasons mod always has dead patches all over my fields total pi** take.
Crop rotation is in precision farming I think?
Crop moisture and drying would be interesting I guess but it might just end up another money sink.
It would be nice to harvest corn on the cob though.
SicknoteFarms

Post by SicknoteFarms »

The main thing I'd like to see added is soil compaction, and players having to do controlled traffic farming.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:35 pm Crop moisture is already in the game cause you can't cut when it's raining...
You can cut/harvest in the rain, you just loose some of the yield..
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Farmer-mark

Post by Farmer-mark »

i would like to see water management, land drainage, ditching, cleaning out the ditches.
Moot

Post by Moot »

I’d like some control over animal productivity. I tried that chicken coop mod that could hold thousands of chickens - it quickly became chicken farmer simulator.
spikenog

Post by spikenog »

Would love for there to be no difference between the PC & the console version of the game (like every other game release), and crossplay so we use the same farms on PCs & console.

Seems console players are an afterthought sadly.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Dont mind me, just getting the popcorn ready
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:55 pm Dont mind me, just getting the popcorn ready
I’ll take some of that
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

spikenog wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:36 pm Would love for there to be no difference between the PC & the console version of the game (like every other game release), and crossplay so we use the same farms on PCs & console.

On PC, anyone can tweak an XML file or add a new script. On console, nobody can do that. Are you saying every other game release allows console players to modify the game's files? Or are you saying that PC players should have the same restrictions as console?
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

spikenog wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:36 pm Would love for there to be no difference between the PC & the console version of the game (like every other game release), and crossplay so we use the same farms on PCs & console.

There is no difference in the base game between pc and console. The only difference is what mods can or cant be added due to Sony/Microsoft restrictions.
Playing on PC and PS4
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

"like every other game release"
A lot of ported games are different between PC and console.

Console players are not an afterthought for Giants. New game version releases, patch releases and update releases are dictated by console scheduling. If anything, console players are the real master race.
Note that this opinion isn't shared by certain modders. :lol:
Ps4farmer

Post by Ps4farmer »

What I like to see is a rework of the animals.
I would like to have the option of getting a bull for reproduction in stead off the automated reproduction.
I like the way seasons in 19 did it when you get males and female cows.
Would like calf’s and chicks and vole’s and piglets.
The ability to herd your cattle from one field to the other.
Ability that animals can escape.
And for consoles that the limit for animals is not set at only 10.
Now I struggle to play more farms realistic. I like to have for a cow farm like three fields for cows a shed for milkers and a shed for young cows.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

1) GPS
2) GPS
3) GPS
4) Bulk factory goods
5) Buildable animal pens that eat the grass in the penned area; real ability to pasture sheep, cattle and horses
Duff7

Post by Duff7 »

Physics overhaul.
More crop types and orchards.
Terrain tools usable with vehicles like the terrafarm mod does. If a modder can do it then it should be base game.
Better physics and tree colliders that match the tree size so you can stack logs properly instead of having floating log piles.
More better physics.