when do you refill
Spardose

Re: Seeder?

Post by Spardose »

When it is empty? And it heavily depends on the field size
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

This is a useless poll, it's depending on field size, type of crop you're sowing and type of sower.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Lexie wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:37 am This is a useless poll, it's depending on field size, type of crop you're sowing and type of sower.
Exactly, depend on several factors
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Refill not when its empty, but when you have done the previous row and there's not enough to do another row. Because you want to be reseeding on the headlands, not the middle of a field (for realism). Also if you're passing by your own farmhouse, or the shop, and you know you will need it, could do a refill. Or, refill at the start of every field or every other field, knowing that you can always empty it.

It really depends on the size of the field, the capacity of the seeder and the seed rate. If the seeder can't do the field in one fill, you're going to need to refill it after all. Or if you can do the whole farm with one fill.........

These things are fun to work out and plan, its part of the game.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Other More than once per field.
Unless I put the auto loading unreal pallet on top of my seeder. For potatoes cause why not.
PS4
PS5
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

Kinda weird poll as its usually refilled as needed or if Ai uses it then it never needs filling as they buy as they use it
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Bobble2020 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:07 am Kinda weird poll as its usually refilled as needed or if Ai uses it then it never needs filling as they buy as they use it
AI buying it is an option and more expensive on seed
Playing on PC and PS4
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Whenever I can’t finish another row without letting it get too low. Realistically you’d never get to low or you’ll start missing and get poor population. Most equipment works best with some seed in it rather than nearly empty.
Motologist

Post by Motologist »

Well the 16-row planter I use has on-row hoppers... So just about every other pass. My air drill goes a good bit longer, so I refill seed and fertilizer whenever I start a new field; or when the low tank warning starts to beep at me.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I miss the "when it's empty" option.

Or maybe, when it's not empty after one field; I fill it up before going to the next
Ignorance is bliss