Things I'd like to see in the next FS Game

Bobble2020

Re: Things I'd like to see in the next FS Game

Post by Bobble2020 »

For me more crop types and better log handling ,

Then my main one would be buildable animel pens , the bigger you build the more animals you can keep in them , also proper intructions on when and how to look after some crops

Took me ages to work out how to look after the grape vines to get the best crop and also i eventually had to look at an online video to work out how to get the robot feed cow shed to work the auto feed
Duff7

Post by Duff7 »

Bobble2020 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:30 pm Then my main one would be buildable animel pens , the bigger you build the more animals you can keep in them
Would be nice if we could use the new fence building mechanic as a way to mark out a pastures for animals. Then based on the area fenced in you could have number of animals based on type and field area. Place whatever animal type building or feeding troughs next to or in the fenced area to set the animal type sort of like how the manure addons work.
sporadicsmiles

Post by sporadicsmiles »

Animals actually being some kind of simulation of animals, which reproduce like actual animals rather than like bacteria. This is easily the most immersion breaking element of the game which could easily have been taken wholesale from the Season 19 mod as it was added to FS22.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

sporadicsmiles wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:01 pm Animals actually being some kind of simulation of animals, which reproduce like actual animals rather than like bacteria. This is easily the most immersion breaking element of the game which could easily have been taken wholesale from the Season 19 mod as it was added to FS22.
Season 19 mod wasnt added to FS22
Playing on PC and PS4
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I'd like to see bushes and hedges that react to season cycles like the trees do -- that would save map makers from using buried trees or the same "shrub_9m" that has been on aps since FS17 and stays green all year round.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Better traffic. The "traffic" in this game is a bane to my existence. The game is so lonely when the traffic is turned off but BEYOND frustrating with it on. Unless these cars are rocking an infinity gauntlet or some stuff, they shouldn't fling my loaded semi like a childs toy. Or you know.. ignoring EVERY intersection and taking me out when I have right of way. I LOTH the traffic. Even Ranch Sim which JUST INTRODUCED TRAFFIC has better traffic than that garbage. It has reached a point where it just strikes me as pure lazy that I have played 20 year old games that have better "traffic" or even small games that just came out making fs traffic look like a kid ramming their toy hotwheels together. Its embarrassing and needs fixed.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
chale8

Post by chale8 »

Another vote for GPS, it just seems like such an obvious oversight.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

blue_painted » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:15 pm
I'd like to see bushes and hedges that react to season cycles like the trees do -- that would save map makers from using buried trees or the same "shrub_9m" that has been on aps since FS17 and stays green all year round.
Like this you mean

(all hedges can be removed by chainsaw)
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

1. GPS (console)
2. Soil dynamics (water/mud/dry/hard/compaction)
3. Irrigation - surely an advancement from pumps/hoses
4. Potatoes - ridging/de-stoning etc
5. Better graphics for fields (no 90/45 degree lines)
6. Older equipment (farm sim classics)
7. Crop rotation - nitrogen fixing crops etc
8. Better farm help for carting grain/root crops.

Not much really…… :lol:
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:01 pm

blue_painted » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:15 pm
Like this you mean

(all hedges can be removed by chainsaw)
Yes - exactly like that! :) Which map is that?

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

1. better optimized game engine to utilize more CPU cores and all power from GPU to maintain rock stable 60fps on high end PCs instead of dropping to 30-40fps once your farm has grown with more machineries
2. dynamic soil/mud/compaction or better said, more interactive grounds, something like Lite version of Snowrunner
3. compaction system and a need for different operations, like plowing, subsoiling, deep loosening, shallow loosening etc
4. more realistic approach to the weeds and fertilizing system, not only go and spread some fertilizer or spray the field and thats it
5. better weather system, droughts, floods, hailstorms, RNG system for weather that can destroy your crops on the field, just like in real life, better said, a more risky weather effects
6. many other things to make this game deserve a name Simulator instead of Arcade as it is right now, but its not worth typing cuz they probably wont listen to the community

All of these are only wishes and will remain a wishes considering in which direction this game is going unfortunately.
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

I am playing FS since FS13 and since then my only suggestion for the next FS game is Greek language :lol:
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

I agree with a lot of the things written here but, for me, the one huge thing is that weather should have an actual impact on what you're doing. That would also mean that not every yeild would be the same, some years would be bad, some better and some excellent. Isn't that one of the big things farmers have to deal with in real life?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

johandenver wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:58 am I agree with a lot of the things written here but, for me, the one huge thing is that weather should have an actual impact on what you're doing. That would also mean that not every yield would be the same, some years would be bad, some better and some excellent. Isn't that one of the big things farmers have to deal with in real life?
I agree wholeheartedly, always providing that the realism improvements can be switched off for those who don't want them.

I think GIANTS was surprised, as I was, by the number of players who did not want even as little as seasons cycles -- and while they are at it, those preferences should be persistent for new save games.

wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Contracts that stay available for more than the time it takes to read them...
Old fat guy with a day job...