what prevent GIANTS work on maps?

olahaldor

Re: what prevent GIANTS work on maps?

Post by olahaldor »

I would love to work only with maps, if they would hire me. :biggrin2:
The first step would be to allow foreign remote work, or hire me as a company, outsourcing the job. *thumbsup*

Truth to be told, I think more Giants maps not locked within a DLC would be a great thing. But everything costs time. And time is money. Where should the money come from?

I can't speak for the economy of the company but I trust they spend the income wisely. For instance they have really upped the game with licensing the past years and the visual quality of the game is increasing step by step.

The fact they make their own engine takes a lot of research and time. Even professional artists struggle with things and have to do thorough research, trial and error. It's not like you can just go to work and by the end of the day you have made a perfectly working shader or 3D model without errors and faults.
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:32 am I take it that none of the maps the Modders make (at no cost to anybody, FREE) are suitable for any of you and you would prefer Giants make the maps and let you pay
Put out a pack of 4 maps for 10 or 20 bucks, and you'd have my attention.
be nice if the modders get paid that amount (per download)for their work.

Which now begs the question why should the Modders bother anymore.
fully agree with on this subbie!!!!
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

That is the part that baffles me about the mod scene. I don't mind the modders getting compensated. Not at all. But the part that gets me is when players compare modders to Giants employees, insisting modders get paid more simply because Giants devs do. I know in a lot of cases they are doing similar work but isn't it the motivation that sets them apart?
I mean, it seems that most modders do it for fun. Its kind of a passion for most of you. It would seem the biggest reward here is and should be modding for a game and community you love and/or just getting to play with your own style and equipment. The flip side is Giants employees don't or at least aren't motivated by that. I am sure they take pride in their work but first and foremost, they are employees showing up to their job, clocking in and getting paid for their time in an official capacity. They can't just leave or take a break because some spoiled little kid roasted them on a forum so they take their community bought pc and stop modding publicly (maybe that example is a bit specific but I don't really care). They have to keep going because they are paid to do so. Essentially they are just there to put bread on the table, same as I assume most adult folks on here do.

It would seem that if you are modding for any other reason than I stated and are trying to earn a living or measurable income, you are barking up the wrong tree and likely deserve all the disappointment associated with such childish thoughts. Go clock in for a 9-5 and go back to modding in your spare time because you enjoy it. It really reflects on the quality of work honestly. People who care about what they are doing as opposed to trying to line their pockets put out better quality work because they want to.

Edit- Just to point out, I didn't take shots at any modders... erm.. maybe one.. but otherwise my statement is very general and outlines a mentality as opposed to any actual players. Put the pitchforks away. Any one who has spent any time communicating with me on here or my forum, knows I absolutely adore most modders for what they do!
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

blue_painted wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:53 am
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:30 am Giants will follow the money. They have too many people throwing money at them for mediocre content.
This game is more about "brands" than anything else. If they put as much effort into developing existing functionality as they did working on new brands, this game would truly be AAA.
Part of the problem is that too many people start fights when somebody has critical feedback, and tries to make them look like ranters and complainers, and then their feedback isn't taken seriously.

IMO, Giants could probably make some decent money selling map packs.
Brands don't really mean much to me, and the game is already cluttered with different colors and names that do the exact same thing.
When people offer the same opinion over and over and over again then the reason they look like ranters and complainers is the same reason that ducks look like ducks.
By "the same opinion over and over and over" are you referring to my opinion about completing what they started? It wouldn't have to be repeated over and over if they'd just complete what they started.

Now stop trying to take the thread off topic. We're talking about Giants and their maps.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:24 pm
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:30 am Giants will follow the money. They have too many people throwing money at them for mediocre content.
This game is more about "brands" than anything else. If they put as much effort into developing existing functionality as they did working on new brands, this game would truly be AAA.
Part of the problem is that too many people start fights when somebody has critical feedback, and tries to make them look like ranters and complainers, and then their feedback isn't taken seriously.

IMO, Giants could probably make some decent money selling map packs.
Brands don't really mean much to me, and the game is already cluttered with different colors and names that do the exact same thing.
When people offer the same opinion over and over and over again then the reason they look like ranters and complainers is the same reason that ducks look like ducks.
By "the same opinion over and over and over" are you referring to my opinion about completing what they started? It wouldn't have to be repeated over and over if they'd just complete what they started.

Now stop trying to take the thread off topic. We're talking about Giants and their maps.
That wasn't you above then? And no, you don't have to repeat over and over again, the thread was about an idea that GIANTS could or should produce a map-only DLC, and then maybe a multi-purpose map ... not about the usual complaint.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

blue_painted wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:46 pm
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:24 pm

That wasn't you above then? And no, you don't have to repeat over and over again, the thread was about an idea that GIANTS could or should produce a map-only DLC, and then maybe a multi-purpose map ... not about the usual complaint.
That highlight you present was part of my answer to the OP as to what prevents Giants work on maps. You should highlight the entire paragraph rather than the part that you think merits starting an argument.

"the thread was about an idea that GIANTS could or should produce a map-only DLC"
Yes, I know, my reply to the OP (which triggered you for some reason) was totally on topic. I gave my opinion why, an explanation of how I came to my opinion, and a possible solution that would peek my interest.

Now knock it off and stop taking the thread off topic.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:46 pm

It would seem that if you are modding for any other reason than I stated and are trying to earn a living or measurable income, you are barking up the wrong tree and likely deserve all the disappointment associated with such childish thoughts. Go clock in for a 9-5 and go back to modding in your spare time because you enjoy it. It really reflects on the quality of work honestly. People who care about what they are doing as opposed to trying to line their pockets put out better quality work because they want to.
Long story short........From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.
Nonnus

Post by Nonnus »

alanarientiziech wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:23 am Seriously, what currently is preventing GIANTS from working on standalone maps?
I was one of the most that criticized giants idea in the last platinum edition, not the map within, but the way them bring it!
My first contact with FS was in 19, and there they were able to give us such successful content, every pack were able to give enjoyment in at least one way of appreciation, but what we expected from every aspect of the FS 22 looks failed miserably (at least in my opinion)...
And why they lose time only work on a content with interest only for a few gamers? We need think they need create content to include most players like (machines, maps, implements), for the most of us have interest buy the DLC´s.

alanarientiziech wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:23 am There are so many things to be discussed, but start with:
I heard people talking about the "support" when buying these content... bro, when you first bought the base game, you are already supporting GIANTS, they are not a beggar wrapped in a cardboard that you must throw your money everytime you cross ways with... (other thing: I am from a country, that was, first of all, colonized from same people coming from every place of europe, and for a reason that is not worthy to discuss here, our time [money] worths 5-6x less than euro, so every time a new content is released, a lot of money must be spent to keep up with the game...)

For what you say, you buy the main game and the rest came for free. Do have any idea how must cost develop a DLC as the last one? How many workers work every day, months after months to make a DLC as the last one? The Giants workers eat with what? They dont living in a country like Brasil (for this reason you should noticed how the economy works), they living on countrys where need many money to have a decent life and that money needs cames from the selling the game and the DLC´s and other things. And you need think the company (Giants Software) need grow year after year for every year can continue bring to us a new version of the game.

And the main objective is make money to have profit, no one want make what they do only for fun, that dont exist. They have many investors and they need make money to pay that investors for that investors continue put their money on Giants for next year they have money to release another version of the game.

alanarientiziech wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:23 am sooner or later another studio will develop a game where giants is most failing, and the whole cycle will start all over again...
finally, my suggestion is the answer to the first question I did in this board, make maps that will fit every style of gameplay and sell them for a fair price, there are a hunting simulator game on steam (I think some people here also, enjoy this game), that release high detailed maps from time to time (maps even bigger than standard FS maps, for fair prices, so fair, that I could buy half maps on a single sell of the game for less that I would buy a single dlc in FS (before someone come here and begin to talk: "but giants works with real brands and their rights" - with a little girl voice, I am speaking about maps and not other content)
A long of the years we saw many try and all fail. Failed because don´t open the game as Giants do. Giants open the game for the modders can develop many mods to make the game "infinite" and allow use our imagination to make mods how do you complain about giants not doing it at a reasonable price.

For the last. You living on a country with bad economy but on this type of product you need pay the same money as the rest of the world. That have a name is Global Economy. If Giants sell the game and the DLC´s with a different price (more cheap) on your country what prevent the rest of the world buy the digital game on Brasil or in other country more cheap? This made Giants lose money in every copy of the game and close the doors before open. Dont apoint the finger to Giants because your country dont have the same possibilitys the european countrys.

Giants is not perfect, but is the better we have on this type of game. Is impossible Giants made a game measure of all, but for that exist modders for bring mods to reduce the fails of Giants.
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

Nonnus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:00 pm
alanarientiziech wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:23 am Seriously, what currently is preventing GIANTS from working on standalone maps?
I was one of the most that criticized giants idea in the last platinum edition, not the map within, but the way them bring it!
My first contact with FS was in 19, and there they were able to give us such successful content, every pack were able to give enjoyment in at least one way of appreciation, but what we expected from every aspect of the FS 22 looks failed miserably (at least in my opinion)...
And why they lose time only work on a content with interest only for a few gamers? We need think they need create content to include most players like (machines, maps, implements), for the most of us have interest buy the DLC´s.

interest for a few gamers? I dare to say the alpine dlc made more success than the current platinum edition, and if I say that I've bought the alpine dlc, never played on the map, and barely used 1-2 gears that they displayed there? this is to show my opinion about what they hand over the fs22, I wonder how many people share the same opinion and never realized this forum exist to show their regreet!
alanarientiziech wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:23 am There are so many things to be discussed, but start with:
I heard people talking about the "support" when buying these content... bro, when you first bought the base game, you are already supporting GIANTS, they are not a beggar wrapped in a cardboard that you must throw your money everytime you cross ways with... (other thing: I am from a country, that was, first of all, colonized from same people coming from every place of europe, and for a reason that is not worthy to discuss here, our time [money] worths 5-6x less than euro, so every time a new content is released, a lot of money must be spent to keep up with the game...)

For what you say, you buy the main game and the rest came for free. Do have any idea how must cost develop a DLC as the last one? How many workers work every day, months after months to make a DLC as the last one? The Giants workers eat with what? They dont living in a country like Brasil (for this reason you should noticed how the economy works), they living on countrys where need many money to have a decent life and that money needs cames from the selling the game and the DLC´s and other things. And you need think the company (Giants Software) need grow year after year for every year can continue bring to us a new version of the game.

And the main objective is make money to have profit, no one want make what they do only for fun, that dont exist. They have many investors and they need make money to pay that investors for that investors continue put their money on Giants for next year they have money to release another version of the game.

I never said that if I buy the game, the rest of the content should be free... right the oppose, I am very trust in my words, if you work it, you deserve receive for it, I've quoted the very explicit example of the hunting simulator, if that isnt possible, patience, if in the future, I cant buy the game or any of its content, I will just not buy it, if this game was irrelevant for me, we wouldnt have this conversation
alanarientiziech wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:23 am sooner or later another studio will develop a game where giants is most failing, and the whole cycle will start all over again...
finally, my suggestion is the answer to the first question I did in this board, make maps that will fit every style of gameplay and sell them for a fair price, there are a hunting simulator game on steam (I think some people here also, enjoy this game), that release high detailed maps from time to time (maps even bigger than standard FS maps, for fair prices, so fair, that I could buy half maps on a single sell of the game for less that I would buy a single dlc in FS (before someone come here and begin to talk: "but giants works with real brands and their rights" - with a little girl voice, I am speaking about maps and not other content)
A long of the years we saw many try and all fail. Failed because don´t open the game as Giants do. Giants open the game for the modders can develop many mods to make the game "infinite" and allow use our imagination to make mods how do you complain about giants not doing it at a reasonable price.

For the last. You living on a country with bad economy but on this type of product you need pay the same money as the rest of the world. That have a name is Global Economy. If Giants sell the game and the DLC´s with a different price (more cheap) on your country what prevent the rest of the world buy the digital game on Brasil or in other country more cheap? This made Giants lose money in every copy of the game and close the doors before open. Dont apoint the finger to Giants because your country dont have the same possibilitys the european countrys.

Giants is not perfect, but is the better we have on this type of game. Is impossible Giants made a game measure of all, but for that exist modders for bring mods to reduce the fails of Giants.

this doesnt means that sometime they wont success in their purpose, if you search for these studios, they were very small and not impactful, giants wasnt the first either, but im sure you know a few time ago, a well known studio released some farming content to their game, it wont surprise me if they are planning to enter the competition...

about Brazil, is very sad that its population is tied to old creeds and diminished values, is very painful to see in a diferent perspective, it's like if I am an outsider of all of this sh**, you see the world from the perspective of your culture, you cant understand this, but this is just a vent, dont bother about this

I'm in search to make this game better, I think it doesnt rearch 10% of its capability, thank you for your words, feedbacks are the essence of the things, and my goal is to intensify the search of optimal of this game!
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Please stop quoting one another or at least stop quoting quotes of quotes or... whatever. It's getting out of hand. Just carry on a back and forth like a normal conversation.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

What OP says about the Alpine DLC makes perfectly clear, a map to everyone's liking is impossible. He not played on it and I played many hours on that map in fs19 and also in fs22. It's one of my favourite fs maps, together with Sosnovka in fs17.

So OP cuts down it's own story, for one person a map is the perfect one, for the other it means nothing. It's also depending from what part of the world you come from, I almost never played American based maps, I stay with European maps. The map of the fs22 platinum dlc looks nice, but I wish they choosed for a map based on Volvo's hometown Sweden.
Nonnus

Post by Nonnus »

alanarientiziech wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:00 am about Brazil, is very sad that its population is tied to old creeds and diminished values, is very painful to see in a diferent perspective, it's like if I am an outsider of all of this sh**, you see the world from the perspective of your culture, you cant understand this, but this is just a vent, dont bother about this[/size][/b]
You dont know but i´m portuguese so i hope you have different prespective for what i say about Brasil. In all actors in this discussion maybe I knows better the culture and what is Brasil. I´m not talk only for what we saw on the news. As you know Portugal (oh Portugal the conqueors of Brasil) on the last years have a increased of migration from Brasil. At this time is the most migration population in Portugal.

Whether we like it more or less the culture of the two countries are and will be forever linked. But this is a discussion for other occasion.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Lets face it, the simple answer to the OP's problem is for him to build one himself, using one from the current selection of maps both Giants and modders, much like everybody else seems to with the ,you can do most of layout/vegetation using the inbuilt landscaping functions together with field creation and it only costs time and a bit of effort.
I presume he already has a PC given he would like a 4k map
I'm sure they can, they can easily build up a 4x,
so why not have a go and create one (oe even more) to his own satisfaction.

Just as an aside there appears to be some members who think I am another modder using an alias due to the BB in my name.
As I have been working alongside Mappers Paradise for a couple of years, anyone who has been around the FS scene for a while would know that
any collaberation between the two modding 'dynasties' would be a anathema
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:19 pm

Just as an aside there appears to be some members who think I am another modder using an alias due to the BB in my name.
That would be some Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde stuff if that were true lol

(I been around long enough to know better)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Personally I don't like any of giant's maps. They are too small, like compact and not based on a real location. I rather play the ones modders have created.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.