Multiple Control Profiles

NewfieFarmer

Multiple Control Profiles

Post by NewfieFarmer »

So I have almost 1000hrs in the game and recently gotten myself a side panel to go along with my new wheel and pedal setup. I play on both my desktop and laptop PCs; the desktop PC has the side panel and wheel for controls, while on the Laptop I play with an XBox controller. I only recently started doing this and noticed that when I play on my laptop, I have to reset the controls to default so that the XBox controller works, but then when I returned to my Desktop computer, all my custom assignments for the wheel and side panel have been replaced with the XBox controller ones or reverted to default for the wheel and panel.

Is there any way to have multiple controller profiles for different PCs using different controllers to play the game?

Jim
Laughinggravy

Re: Multiple Control Profiles

Post by Laughinggravy »

My way around this is have a folder on the desktop named input bindings then inside that another folder for the controller and another for the steering wheel. Set the controller up how you want it then go into My Games folder then Farming simulator22 folder and third from the bottom will be a xml file named input binding. Cut and paste this into the controller file you created on your desktop then do the same with the wheel. When you then switch from controller to wheel just delete the input binding xml in your Farming Simulator 22 folder and copy and paste the wheel xml from your desktop in it's place. This way you can change from controller to wheel or whatever you wish to use without constantly having to keep doing your input bindings.
NewfieFarmer

Post by NewfieFarmer »

Thank you for the reply.

I can't help but notice that this file has not been updated in over two months despite me playing with the controls as recently as today. Also, when I open it up, it only lists key bindings for the keyboard and mouse and none of my controllers. One would think that the file "date modified" date would be today's date if I changed and saved control inputs today...

I did neglect to mention in my original post that I am playing the game through Steam, so I don't know if the inputBinding file would be saved elsewhere and gets updated or "Synced" as does the save game files when switching from one computer to another?

Jim
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

NewfieFarmer wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:42 pm I did neglect to mention in my original post that I am playing the game through Steam, so I don't know if the inputBinding file would be saved elsewhere and gets updated or "Synced" as does the save game files when switching from one computer to another?
Yes, since you are running the game via Steam it could be that you have „Steam Cloud“ activated, which would try to sync the game settings between the PC and te laptop.

Or you might be using Onedrive for the locatin where the FarmingSimulator2022 folder is stored, which would also cause the settings between the PC and the laptop being synced.

Therefore I would recommend to check both Steam and Windows to see if either one of them is active and try to deactivate it to see if this makes a difference.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules