Grain Storage After Harvest

BJPD1010

Grain Storage After Harvest

Post by BJPD1010 »

Hello all, hoping I might be able to have a hand from those more knowledgable than I.

I'm relatively new to the game, yet I seem to be doing remarkably well and haven't killed off any crops, neither have I run out of money because of bad financial decisions, yet.

However, I've just finished harvesting a few fields of wheat from my farm in Attingham, and for now have stored the straw bales and grain in one of the farmyard barns. Are these ok to leave as they are in the barn without ''going bad'' until the price rises in January? (Game is currently in August).

Thanks in advance.
Laughinggravy

Re: Grain Storage After Harvest

Post by Laughinggravy »

Yes they will be fine you can even leave them in the field as rain and snow don't have any effect on bales in this version of faming simulator.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

It’s a super realistic game. Just dump everything on the ground. No problems nothing to be concerned about.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

could also store grain in a silo
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Beanbrother wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:04 pm It’s a super realistic game. Just dump everything on the ground. No problems nothing to be concerned about.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You hit the nail on the head.
brokenCookie

Post by brokenCookie »

Perfectly normal to store grain in a shed... much more common than silos in the UK
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

brokenCookie wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:47 pm Perfectly normal to store grain in a shed... much more common than silos in the UK
I know a lot of farms wont use a shed RL because of rats
brokenCookie

Post by brokenCookie »

All but one of the farms I know use grain sheds, so its all I know anyway...
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I know multiple grain elevators that use a huge storage shed
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
BJPD1010

Post by BJPD1010 »

Cheers for all the responses! Advice taken and I’ve kept it in the barn. Now time to sort out what’s going in the fields next…
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Wish I could remember the one mod that had a silo system with a leg going to a building. Always wondered if that was to simulate a dryer in the building or if it unloaded on the ground. Welkers and cornstar used to stack the excess on the ground before they became famous and got their silos