Big PC maps

Decriptus

Big PC maps

Post by Decriptus »

Uninformed console player here, but is there any YouTubers out there that do let's play on 8x or bigger maps? I'm considering getting a PC for gaming but don't want to get one if these maps are just big, flat and boring. I've searched but can't find anything that showcases the bigger maps.
JensChrDK

Re: Big PC maps

Post by JensChrDK »

Easiest is probably to first find out which maps are big, for example Renebu or Hobo's Hollow - and then go to YouTube and search for let's play or map tours. Because they - usually - don't say in the video description if it's a standard size or bigger map they are playing on.

But no, the ones I have seen and/or played have not been flat and boring!
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Good deal thanks
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

No worries, happy farming :coolnew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Have a look at Rennebu, it's a massivly big map, and it does have some flat areas, so it's possible to build your own farm.
There are several videos showcasing it.
FarmSimGuy, Agrsy, The CamPeR, Daggerwin and Farmer Klein are a few
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Nebraska Heartland

Post by Nebraska Heartland »

Since I have gotten my gaming laptop I spend a lot of time on Hannah Indiana. Other maps I have been playing on are Midwest Horizon and Green Valley Nebraska. They are 4X maps and seem to take a big portion especially all the fields that are on Hannah ID, I personally can’t say I have too many European maps but love spending my time on Calmsden on my console.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Decriptus wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:14 pm Uninformed console player here, but is there any YouTubers out there that do let's play on 8x or bigger maps? I'm considering getting a PC for gaming but don't want to get one if these maps are just big, flat and boring. I've searched but can't find anything that showcases the bigger maps.
The biggest map i've seen is 64x West End
https://www.youtube.com/channel/@levismodding
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Yes...not looking for a 6 hour truck run lol
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

1x (standard map) = 2km x 2km
4x = 4km x 4km. This is probably the most popular size on PC and usually will state that its 4x either in the title or description.
16x = 8km x 8 km. There are a few out there but not too many and again will usually state the size in the title or description.
64x = 32km x 32km. This is about as big as they get and there arent too many out there.
Playing on PC and PS4
crash

Post by crash »

Chilliwack bc 4x is a pretty neat map. Think farmerklaein are doing a letsplay on it.

It think big maps looks better on paper than they really are. Mostly beacuse of viewing distance and whats not put on the map regarding trees and buildings to make it playable. You look at the minimap and see a nice small town, that looks lived in. When you play the map and all you got is fs15 texured houses with no extras around them. No driveways, no fences, no props, no people etc...
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Decriptus wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:14 pm Uninformed console player here, but is there any YouTubers out there that do let's play on 8x or bigger maps? I'm considering getting a PC for gaming but don't want to get one if these maps are just big, flat and boring. I've searched but can't find anything that showcases the bigger maps.
Daggerwin has a series on Rennebu. New episodes every thursday. Mind you, Daggerwin has the very latest (and for now, unreleased to the public) version of the map.

The Camper also has a series, doing only forestry. The Camper started his series before I even knew he was interested, so he's on an older version of the map.

The main differences on the map versions are
- tons of terrain fixes (smoothing, leveling, ground textures and foliage)
- new forestry/dirt roads
- return of all the crops
- the grain mill can now process all crop types into different goods you can sell at the grocery store
croc25

Post by croc25 »

Red River Manitoba is one. Huge big map. Quite scenic.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Search for Landkreis Rostock from MadMaxxDE. Its a x4 tho, but with hills and 100 hectar fields. Ive played it for awhile, its pretty nice, well made.

viewtopic.php?f=988&t=143288&start=4230#p1509908 a screenshot from the map
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
hun3

Post by hun3 »

This might be an unpopular opinion about large maps but as much as I appreciate the scenery I usually stay and play around my main farm so I never even use 75% of the map. The other problem I see with such maps is the way the pixels are large so often my bailer miss material from the ground or the edges of the field look jagged.

Currently I play on Neu - Minibrunn which is a small map and I absolutely love the atmosphere and details. When the map edges set up correctly you cant really tell if you play on a small or large map.

Of course large maps important if you want to plow in a straight line for 3 hours without turning lol.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Snake Man wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:37 pm
YouTubers out there that do let's play on 8x or bigger maps?
1x (standard map) = 2km x 2km
4x = 4km x 4km.
16x = 8km x 8 km.
64x = 32km x 32km.
That EX thing doesn't mean anything, its fake, Use Actual Size (terrains).

If you are looking for large terrains then you are in luck because PMC has released several huge ones.

PMC Cereal Region 32km
PMC King Corn 45km
PMC Korkscrew 40km
PMC RedWhiteBlue 10km
PMC Super Six 6km
PMC Undefined Farms 20km

As you can see from the sizes all but PMC Super Six 6km are considered either large or huge.

Latest development updates for FS22 PMC terrains can be found from PMC Tactical forum.
You spent a lot of work on the article to be wrong in your math. The above part is correct. You need to look at the area that's why it is called a 4x because it is 4x times larger in area than standard size. It is just simple math of square since every map is a square.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.