Tractor shifting gear like a race car

kahfs

Tractor shifting gear like a race car

Post by kahfs »

Hello all,
Please refresh my memory. After a gaming break I'm back and it is spring time so I need to cultivate the fields. I'm puzled how my Fendt Favorit 515C keeps changing gears at the beginning of a pass with a cultivator, going from 2nd to 5th gear. Has it always been like this?
I've removed all mods (except Course Play) that seems to control vehicles, but it keeps doing it. My game is set to automatic gear shift because that is what I prefer.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
bojanh66

Re: Tractor shifting gear like a race car

Post by bojanh66 »

Unfortunately, it is how it is.
I made a similar post yesterday on discord how tractors will raise RPM between gear change and i was looking for a fix, but none exist.
You can edit in xml gearchangetime="desired number" and increase it to 2-3 seconds, then tractor will take 2-3 seconds between gear change which is realistic.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

bojanh66 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:49 pm Unfortunately, it is how it is.
I made a similar post yesterday on discord how tractors will raise RPM between gear change and i was looking for a fix, but none exist.
You can edit in xml gearchangetime="desired number" and increase it to 2-3 seconds, then tractor will take 2-3 seconds between gear change which is realistic.
Thank you for your reply. I'll stop looking for interfering mods.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

The Fendt 515c has also powershift and you can hear the difference between a normal change and a powershift change. The powershift change sounds like the change of a automatic gearbox. Under load there are more gearbox changes as without, without some gears will be skipped. I believe this is normal behaviour, trucks do the same.

In FS22 the manual shifting is not that perfect when put on automatic. Especially under load it's upshifiting, dowshifting, upshifting and so on, not able to decide what gear to use.
gile

Post by gile »

Yeah, I use manual gears with left shift as clutch. It s a bit hard to get used to, but it works great.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

It's quite normal to skip gears in tractors. There's no reason to go through multiple gear changes to get from 2 to 9 mph. Either you would start out in the gear you want if you have the torque or you would start out in the highest gear you can get moving in and get to the gear you want as fast as possible. You would never want to do that in a race car, BTW.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!