So can we expect more of this in future?

Mobias

Re: So can we expect more of this in future?

Post by Mobias »

JDMFarms wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:24 pm

re: "environment and econ" advancements in next versions, I've wondered now since FS13 why weather has not advanced. I used to play flight sim and thought maybe FS could integrate local weather like flight sim did but now I'm not sure I'd use geo loc weather due to the base game time periods.
I play a lot of Flight Simulator 2020 and I've often wondered what farm sim would be like having something similar to the live weather feature in flight sim. It would make it incredibly immersive but I can't really see how it could be made to work with the game play of the sim.

The tech powering the live weather feature in flight sim is incredibly complex though. Even now its something which is still a work in progress and Microsoft are pouring $$$$$$$'s into developing it.

But just from a visual point of view if farm sim had similar looking weather effects it would make it so much better looking. The range of weather effects and realistic volumetric clouds should definitely be brought into the next farm sim game.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Having real-time weather would also mean you have to have the time ingame be 1x, if not, how would you harvest your crops ingame when it's a blizzard outside?

I must say I prefer not doing that.....
I would love for geos to come back though
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Noraf wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:33 pm Having real-time weather would also mean you have to have the time ingame be 1x, if not, how would you harvest your crops ingame when it's a blizzard outside?

I must say I prefer not doing that.....
I would love for geos to come back though
its been many many years since ive flown flight sim but back in FSX the sim compensated for multi-x time speed. it may have turned it off, i dont really remember but the sim had both, time speed and real wx. But like you say, it could affect farming game play so it may be best to leave it like how FS22 now has to pick a month and have snow on if you want to avoid season time scale yet mimic your own seasons patterns. I'd love to model my own weather patterns from time to time which i do through the xml file manipulations.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:30 pm
Burekcina wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:59 pm The game has been heading in the wrong direction for some years now. And the new features for a new FS are usually something a modder made in the previous years. They haven't done anything useful related to actual farming in the past years.

Without modders this game would be dead 10 years ago. Remember that! It is expected for modders to want something more from the work they put in, Giants sure don't give a f*** to do anything. I don't think is about money but it became about money when there was no other reward for making a good mod, other than developers taking the mod and put it in a DLC or a new game only to make money.
I can agree that the game is headed in the wrong direction in some parts -- productions, roller-coasters and FSL for example -- but as far the actual farming has gone we do have some improvements: The annual seasonal cyclical nature of farming, a differentiation between cultivator types, further and optional steps in soil management and, with precision farming, some modelling of different soil types. Before you-know-who comes in to say that GIANTS don't finish anything, I'll agree in advance that all these and more could/should be developed further.

Would the game be "dead" without modders? Probably, but then making a game that is so open to being modded; with large portions of the gameplay code implemented in LUA script rather than the native executable, and publishing those LUA scripts, is the reason why the game isn't dead, and that's a GIANTS decision.

And GIANTS do give a XXXX to do anything ... the problem is that they do productions, FSL and so on, in my view a misdirected effort.

I will agree that productions feels like in-gaming Global Company which was a popular mod in FS19 (and FS17? I forget) and of course season cycles came after Seasons and Seasons 19. In principle I see nothing wrong with taking the idea of a mod or suite of mods and including it in the base game. How many times has GPS or similar been requested for base game?
The fsl has been popular, giants following the steps of GT, FIFA, NFL
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

So popular they get like 50 viewers during their livestreams of it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:26 pm So popular they get like 50 viewers during their livestreams of it.
😂 Modders get more views when they stream making something
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

Never watched the FSL livestreams , I would rather be playing the game than that
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

UncleRico wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:00 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:26 pm So popular they get like 50 viewers during their livestreams of it.
😂 Modders get more views when they stream making something
Nobody cares about FSL but giants are persistant to keep pushing something that nobody cares about sigh....
eric21

Post by eric21 »

105k views 2 years ago finals..
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's not a lot views for 2 years being out. If they sold a million copies that's 10 percent viewed it. All they have to do is click on the video for 1 second to count and can do that multiple times. If it was popular, it would have close to a million or more over that time.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

in the spirit of this thread's OP, did everyone see the updated press release? Apparently SMI monitored this or got feed the thoughts from this post and have rethought their position.

This comment is based on watching a Youtube FS news report (DJGoHam, I think).
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

JDMFarms wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:10 pm in the spirit of this thread's OP, did everyone see the updated press release? Apparently SMI monitored this or got feed the thoughts from this post and have rethought their position.

This comment is based on watching a Youtube FS news report (DJGoHam, I think).
Looking at the SMI Modding Facebook page it seems -- if I have read it right -- that they are saying that the whole "paying for mods" thing was a stunt to get people talking about the "stuff" that gets on Modhub. I don't know ... that just seems a but revisiionist to me, but maybe I'm overly cynical?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

They must have seen one of the "I hate Steven Singer" billboards in PA for the idea. Someone said they hated him (hes a jeweler in Philly), so he made billboards that are black and say I hate Steven singer and the website. Was good for his business
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Lazarus99 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:49 pm They must have seen one of the "I hate Steven Singer" billboards in PA for the idea. Someone said they hated him (hes a jeweler in Philly), so he made billboards that are black and say I hate Steven singer and the website. Was good for his business
All press is good press. Politics somewhat aside, thats why U.S. media thrives even though a good portion of the population doesnt trust the media. Any, i repeat, any engagement at all contributes to ratings.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

JDMFarms wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:57 pm [

All press is good press. Politics somewhat aside, thats why U.S. media thrives even though a good portion of the population doesnt trust the media. Any, i repeat, any engagement at all contributes to ratings.
Definitely...... It's all about name recognition and before this story came out I wouldn't have known them from Adam. Lol