Not possible to make a profit on horses and pigs

Crashmac

Re: Not possible to make a profit on horses and pigs

Post by Crashmac »

I use the seed potatoe pack and set the sorter to produce pig food with the waste potatoes and then I have free pigfood, I also bought a small biogas plant for the pig poo so they are actually quite profitable this way.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Using the previously mentioned Enhanced Animal Mod to get more realistic numbers of animals each time an animal gives birth, means animal population grows very quickly so you have plenty of animals you can sell to make good profit. Pigs and Chickens especially are very profitable this way as each animal gives birth to 14 new animals each time it reproduces, so plenty to sell there.

If you are playing on PC, then download and install the Dragon's Den Production Pack mod, get yourself a Butcher Factory and turn excess animals into food products, leather and animal fat. All of which can be sold or used in other products to make a very nice profit.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

mexel75 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:42 pm Buying horse- and pigfood from the shop, it doesnt seem possible to make a profit on horses nor on pigs. The animal value increase is LESS than the expenses for the food. They simply "eat all the profit" and more. Have not tested the other animals yet.
Wow, um, I think 15k for one horse is profitable. You only need oats and 2 minutes a day until time to sell. If you buy all your feed, the profit might be slim, though. A couple of hectares of oats should be good for a full year. If you need a little extra later then buy some feed.

Pigs are more of a long game animal. But even they can be profitable on normal or higher economy. Think of all that free fertilizer.