Changing the windrow size in FS22

k4296

Changing the windrow size in FS22

Post by k4296 »

Is it possible to change the windrow size in FS22 ? and how should I do it ? . I have tried to find aout it in the XML , but with no luck. I will hope, that somone will help me. Regards Klaus
JDMFarms

Re: Changing the windrow size in FS22

Post by JDMFarms »

its normally by moving the transforms in GE relative to the windrow drop area. I say normally because i've yet to get into FS22 but cant imagine them changing that method. we can zoom and i can walk you through it if you want. just need a secure way to share zoom link and schedule time to meet.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Secureish way would be trough dm
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Noraf wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:01 pm Secureish way would be trough dm
yea, if k takes my offer i'm thinking DM to pass on a third party way to communicate. at least adds a second layer/factor towards the path to my zoom. like taking 3 taxis and walking and two more taxis and a bus to keep the feds off your back, i guess. nothing is absolute. I know know a lil about forums and how DMs can be 'accessed/moderated.'
Eische

Post by Eische »

What exactly do you mean by "changing windrow size"?
If you just want to manipulate the visual amount of material, this can be done via the maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml located in .../data/maps
Mod maps might have an own similar file.

Search for fillToGroundScale and change this value. Straw has a default value of 6. Meaning loose straw on the ground has 6x the visual volume of loose straw in a trailer.
It will not change the amount of material, so 1000L will still be 1000L just look smaller/larger depending on the set value.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
k4296

Post by k4296 »

Hey Eische. I mean the hight and maybe the widht. I found the swaths was a litle to high, so it could be nice to change is. It's my fault. I am thinking of SWATH`S on the field. That is the grass and straw after harwest I talking abaout. I´m really sorry bey the mistake. Thanks for the answer Eische and and others. who has komment. Regards Klaus
Sweet Wheat

Post by Sweet Wheat »

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.
Inside where you have farm sim saved>data>maps look for the maps.fruitTypes.xml
If it's a mod map look inside the map and possibly inside mapUS for example to find the fruitTypes.xml

Look for the line
<windrow name="straw" litersPerSqm="3.98" />
You can change this to increase or decrease the windrow size.
k4296

Post by k4296 »

Thanks Sweet Wheat I will try it Thumps UP
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Sweet Wheat wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:11 am Not sure if this is what you're looking for.
If it's a mod map look inside the map and possibly inside mapUS for example to find the fruitTypes.xml

Look for the line
dont forget to add the disclaimer: if you change the files inside the data folder, you render the game useless on multiplayer. if you are fine with that, take the risk.
k4296

Post by k4296 »

Thanks JDMFarms fot the tip. The description you showed me Sweet Wheet actually works. So thanks again JDMFarms and Sweet Wheet. And all have a nice weekend Thuuuumps UP
Sweet Wheat

Post by Sweet Wheat »

JDMFarms wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:21 pm
Sweet Wheat wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:11 am Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Look for the line
dont forget to add the disclaimer: if you change the files inside the data folder, you render the game useless on multiplayer. if you are fine with that, take the risk.
Oh, I never thought about that. I don't play online and have done tons of edits to set things up how I like. Thanks for pointing this out.
Eische

Post by Eische »

k4296 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:32 pm Thanks JDMFarms fot the tip. The description you showed me Sweet Wheet actually works. So thanks again JDMFarms and Sweet Wheet. And all have a nice weekend Thuuuumps UP
I don't want to burst your bubble, but the tip Sweet Wheat gave you, will result in less straw per acre. So less bales.

My tip will still keep straw/grass yield the same, but only visually make the windrows smaller.

With the parameter fillToGroundScale="6" 1000L of straw will appear as 6000L when on ground. But for the game it is still just 1000L if you bale it or put it in a trailer/silo.
In your case you just need to lower this parameter value.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker