Implement animals by custom scripts/xml

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
lesergt

Implement animals by custom scripts/xml

Post by lesergt »

Greetings to all

For a long time I have been keeping in my head the idea to finalize animal husbandry in the game. Without this I see little point to play.

My question is why this is still not implemented, neither by GIANTS nor modders for so many years?

Processing Al animals (for example, sheep for starters) reactions to the player, running away, etc., opened a gate - all the hungry immediately run to the exit, and drive, graze just like a shepherd, I think this is already something significantly new, it will dilute the boring game process!

I would like to know if there are any restrictions in the FS engine that can against?

Animals are restricted by navmesh and they can't leave. So why not place it all over the map via the Info Layer? (except in some places, such as water bodies or dense vegetation, fences, buildings...)

As far as I know locomotion.xml is responsible for the behavior, but I don't know which lua script it is linked to...

Everything related to animals is wired inside dataS.gar and scripts are compiled...

Moddeleicher made Animal Grazing, but that's not exactly what I'm talking about. Al, it does not significantly change the behavior, judging by the description. Just a little addition...

link tmod on modhub https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

If GIANTS didn't, why don't we modders give it a try? Bulls and calves, as far as I know, are already implemented on the Hof Bergmann and Mountain Hill maps, I would like to continue.

If you find or know that this has already been done or is in the process with another modder, please let me know.
Last edited by lesergt on Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JDMFarms

Re: Implement animals by custom scripts/xml

Post by JDMFarms »

having the nav mesh cover the map would cause huge demands on the GPC. Have you ever seen the gameplay stutter when driving around any husbandry? The more details, the more demands. Now consider the average player and the type of computer they have. would be nice to have dynamic animals vs robot animals but it may take a lot to get there and maybe not return on that investment.
lesergt

Post by lesergt »

JDMFarms wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:34 pm having the nav mesh cover the map would cause huge demands on the PC
it may take a lot to get there and maybe not return on that investment.
I'm not too sure about the system requirements, maybe in my case it will work with good FPS, which for me is in the region of 10-20-30 (just run or press the button and animals run, this is a simple functionality.)
But as they say, if don't try, never know. The same applies wasted time to developing. Also in the development of maps, this too takes a lot of time, and most of the effort does not pay off. But someone develop the maps anyway.
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

well, they are evolving the animal husbandries. in FS13, it was a pain in the ar** to put them into maps and in FS19 they are now placeables. I've yet to see what FS22 animal pens offer but i thought is was phenomenal they got them to placeables. Also, i notice they have evolved the manure heaps and straw heaps. So, if you are thinking of it, they probably have too, and depending on (assuming they have adopted the idea) when they added it to the priority que, it takes ~4 years for something to come to fruition.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

What you are proposing was/is done in CnC so should be practical in FS after all there is already an 'interactive' dog

As to causing huge demands on the PC with a nav mesh there is already a huge mesh that is only used at the moment as an occluder covering (and aligned to) the whole terrain (open any map in GE and in View select Show --Occluders. be prepared for horrendous glitching).

One simple way at the moment to make the animals more 'responsive' would be to add another bit to the collision mask they already have (which is used for preventing them walking through and avoiding each other but not for walking through vehicles) so they can be directed down paths and and stopped or allowed through gates etc
Last edited by TheSuBBie on Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lesergt

Post by lesergt »

TheSuBBie wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:01 pm was/is done in CnC so should be practical in FS
Ok, I'm now a little confused, what did you mean by CnC?
UPD: I googled it and saw that it was related to Cattle and Crops?
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Ok, I'm now a little confused, what did you mean by CnC?
UPD: I googled it and saw that it was related to Cattle and Crops?
Correct !
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

SuBBie, thx for the insight on the occluder layer.

Lesergt, if you can watch it, this is an animation im surprised is not in base game yet. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnhbEkTv ... MTA2M2Y%3D
lesergt

Post by lesergt »

JDMFarms wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:38 pm
Well, dynamic soil and dirt might have been better for some players, but not for me. I don't play at all. And even if it did show up, I wouldn't rush to play either. There's no way the map dev's can make something that would surprise me, so I have to developing my own maps...
Last edited by lesergt on Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

to be clear on my last post, it was pushing manure out the barn, not dynamic soil. base game, the manure is autoloaded into a pit but it could be part of the spillage that we have to blade out or animate with robotics.