Seeders/Planters won't fill

sistelit1

Seeders/Planters won't fill

Post by sistelit1 »

For some reason, none of the seeders or planters i have tried wants to fill, i have tried starting a new save, not using any mods, several different seeders and planters, several different seeds and so on. I must be doing something wrong, but all i know is that the option "fill seeder" or "refill seeder" never comes up no matter what i do. I have tried hanging big bags, standing big bags, pallets, big bags on pallets and everything else, i tried backing towards the seeds, driving towards it, driving on the side of it and underneath. I simply can not understand what i'm doing wrong. Appreciate any help :search:
MK_McD

Re: Seeders/Planters won't fill

Post by MK_McD »

Did you "open the covers" first?
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Have you selected the seeder/planter as the active implement?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
sistelit1

Post by sistelit1 »

MK_McD wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:16 pm Did you "open the covers" first?
Yes, the covers are open, and the correct seed has been chosen. Tried to attach some screenshots, but for some reason that won't work either...
sistelit1

Post by sistelit1 »

Noraf wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:30 pm Have you selected the seeder/planter as the active implement?
I get all the options to lower/lift seeder, open/close covers, and so on, so i believe so, unless there's something else i'm missing. I tried to attach some screenshots, but seems i'm doing that wrong as well, so i can't really show you what i see, but as mentioned i get all the options to lower/lift and so on. Feel like i have tried everything, and really can't understand why it won't work.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

sistelit1 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:35 pm
Noraf wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:30 pm Have you selected the seeder/planter as the active implement?
I get all the options to lower/lift seeder, open/close covers, and so on, so i believe so, unless there's something else i'm missing. I tried to attach some screenshots, but seems i'm doing that wrong as well, so i can't really show you what i see, but as mentioned i get all the options to lower/lift and so on. Feel like i have tried everything, and really can't understand why it won't work.
Pictures How-to

And also, just to be safe, can you post your log as well?

How-to in my signature for that

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

sistelit1

Post by sistelit1 »

Noraf wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:35 am
sistelit1 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:35 pm
Pictures How-to

And also, just to be safe, can you post your log as well?

How-to in my signature for that
Here's the links to the images, log should be attached:
Attachments
log.txt
(109.5 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
W1der

Post by W1der »

Did you assign a gamepad button to the funtion "R" (interact)?

Remove that from your gamepad / joystick bindings and see if it sorts this problem out for you ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

On the picture with the Massey, that is chicken feed, and not seeds?
And, are you using a seed altering mod?
(Sorry, on phone, and it's a pain browsing trough logs looking for mods on it)

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

sistelit1

Post by sistelit1 »

W1der wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:04 pm Did you assign a gamepad button to the funtion "R" (interact)?

Remove that from your gamepad / joystick bindings and see if it sorts this problem out for you ...
Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the bindings, as you can see in the attached picture, everything shows up as normal when i try to fill a sprayer with fertilizer. So it seems to be specific to seeders/planters for some reason.
sistelit1

Post by sistelit1 »

Noraf wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:07 pm On the picture with the Massey, that is chicken feed, and not seeds?
And, are you using a seed altering mod?
(Sorry, on phone, and it's a pain browsing trough logs looking for mods on it)
You're right on the chicken feed, it is supposed to be wheat, but i guess they call it chicken feed? Anyway, i tested with soybeans and barley as well, with no change. I don't believe i'm using a seed altering mod, just a seed addon, to get seeds like soybeans and such. But i tested a new savegame without any mods active, and that did not do anything. But when i test a sprayer and fertilizer, everything shows up as it is supposed to, as shown in the attached picture. So i really don't understand what i could be doing wrong
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

You’re using a mod that allows you to buy anything in game for productions, find the pallet of small bags that say pioneer seed. There’s also a big bag of pioneer seed in the big bag category, these will alllow you to fill your seeder.
sistelit1

Post by sistelit1 »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:39 pm You’re using a mod that allows you to buy anything in game for productions, find the pallet of small bags that say pioneer seed. There’s also a big bag of pioneer seed in the big bag category, these will alllow you to fill your seeder.
Which mod is that? Before i saw this message i decided to uninstall the whole game and delete all files, to then re-install it, so if you know which mod was doing this i would know which mod not to reinstall.
sistelit1

Post by sistelit1 »

After removing the entire game and re-installing it, i think i finally found my mistake, and it seems it was as simple as not reading the instructions on one of the mods properly, so the seeders i was trying was not compatible with the mod without some changes. But big thanks to Noraf and Uncle Rico for helping me figure it out :D
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Glad you got it working, and enjoy the game :)

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to