Object missing required vertex for a material

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
JDMFarms

Object missing required vertex for a material

Post by JDMFarms »

hello,

I'm working on my vehicle lights. I got the base objects done and working but now for the statics (clear plastic), im getting the error even though i have tangents selected. Therefore, I'm assuming clear plastic is a bit more complex to export from blender. Anyone able/willing to jump on a zoom with me to check my blender setup and give a quick point in right direction for this object? or link me to a good tut for the matter?

Error: 'lightsGlassStatic' (lightsGlassStatic) doesn't have all required vertex attributes for material clear plastic.

Thx a mil,
JDM
Dogface

Re: Object missing required vertex for a material

Post by Dogface »

Does it have a vertex paint layer?
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

humm...that was something new to learn. a quick search helped me find how to look for the vertext paint layer but my blender dont have that tab but it has color attributes tab. maybe thats a 3.0 change? i watched a vid from 2.91.

update: i added one to that tab and now its working. thx for always being here to help an old dog learn new tricks

some progress imgs for you. got the top/side markers relocated to fit this truck. now all i have left to do is the head/tale/turn lights. been a fun project to learn on. using the Lizard Roadrunner light system for this truck.

JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Last lesson I hope. I'm doing really great with what you have shown me. Now all I need to learn it appears is how colorize the statics. specifically the backlight statics. I exported to obj, imported to blender, did my edits, exported to i3d, remapped the materials on the backend of i3d, got it working in GE and then loaded into my truck i3d. However, they are not showing up red. They are clear/white.

The original was right next to the other red one on the lower left near the bumper.

Last edited by JDMFarms on Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

My guess would be something in the Material. or you messed up a UVmap in the export/import, maybe. Are there any errors in GE?

Where did you get the original. Is it from shared/assets or off a vehicle?
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

messed up a UVmap in the export/import, maybe.

Are there any errors in GE?

Where did you get the original.

Is it from shared/assets or off a vehicle?
i checked the UVmap and all the items appear to be where they should be.

no errors in GE after i toggle 'tangents.' then save as binary.

original light sys if from base game lizard roadrunner. I opened the roadrunner in GE, clicked on the parent light transform group and exported all w/ support files. then one by one, i export the objects to wavefront objects, import into blender. then all my primary objective is to just move the select objects on xyz axis to align with where i want them on my truck. then i exported to i3d, then find stuff to fix, come here get tips/mentorship/learn new things about importing/exporting in blender is not that simple. some things have to be reworked (i.e. vertex paint).

this specific object is the clear plastic layer (lightsGlassStatic). basically the clear/amber/red glass filter lens covers. all on the same object. the amber ones came out working. So yes, im also wondering if the red ones did move on the UVmap. this is the tricky part for me. My GE exporter doesnt have the UV material selector buttons in my 3.2 blender so I have no clue how to move items on the UVmap.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

lizard roadrunner?
If you just want to move it, why not move it in GE?
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

the shape is a cluster of objects formed around the truck. its not a simple translation edit since they items are not individual like in the past versions. thats the issue with many in-game models and using them to expound from instead of making your own from scratch.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

As Dogface mentioned previously, have you looked in the Farming Simulator 2022\data\shared\assets\reflectors\lizard folder where the items are listed as single items
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

I will take a look at that folder to see if i can use something from that but my project is lights, not reflectors. also, my bad on this detail....im working in FS19 if that makes a difference on the light system btwn 19/22.

even if i can use something from the reflectors, i'd like to learn what im doing wrong so i can take it to the next step of making things from scratch. right now, im using existing items remodel in blender and learn all the steps/functions in blender to get same outcome as I copied from.

i can take a snapshot of the shape im working on to put this all in perspective if needed.

thanks all for the help.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

There is the same folder in FS19
C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2019\data\shared\assets\lights\lizard or if using reflectors assets\reflectors\lizard
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

JDMFarms, I have to say, you have come farther in a short time than anyone I have seen in this forum. I think it is because you are willing to do research, rather than just ask questions.

There are differences between FS19 and FS22, but I forget what they are. I did mod FS19 but that was years ago. :wink3: Ooow, that is why I couldn't find the lizard roadrunner.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

If the light assembly is indeed a copy of the stock light assembly in assets, then you can use that as a reference as to what is wrong.

Does the part that you imported from Blender have the same material as the one you exported from GE?
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

The roadrunner isnt in FS22 basegame?!?!?! ahahaha, yes that is what i took from both replies. hhahahahah. no, seriously, to the last question, that is themain lack of knowledge i have at this time: seeing materials in blender that translated from importing the wavefront file. That is a timing issue due to me coming back into the mod community with blender 3.2 and the most current giants i3d exporter not in full harmony. i see posts where some are working with it fine, some not at all, and some getting by. i need to focus more on getting the i3d exporter to work in my Blender 2.8; maybe that will put things into perspective for me comparing to tutorials.

SuBBie. thx...just looked into that folder for the first time. Lots of free objects in there. To confirm, are you offering this as a work-around, or do you see my object is pulling from these resources? on the backend of my i3d, nothing points here which is why i've never looked before. However, i may be overlooking something that you see. Gonna spend today deepdiving this folder and a couple youtubes.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I am on Blender version 2.93.0 , I guess I won't update.

I edit Materials in Notepad++