[DEDICATED] network question about HAProxy

fab95

[DEDICATED] network question about HAProxy

Post by fab95 »

hi everyone,

I am speaking to you today on a somewhat complex issue. I have installed at home a dedicated server farming simulator.

this machine is behind an advanced firewall router (a pfsense). so i did a NAT for the server functions, and everything works fine, you can join a part of it both locally and from the internet (besides it would have been nice to be able to indicate the server's address, it would have avoided to do NAT so that the internal clients could join the server, but I found a solution so no worries).

my concern is rather on the management part, the admin interface is accessible today behind a HAProxy, it is it which exposes the port 80 and 443 with X server behind and this url it sends back to one or the other.

The problem is that the interface does not allow, or I did not find the public url through which it is accessible, so I can not benefit from the API functionality etc...

Is there an option or a configuration file somewhere that allows to say that the admin interface is behind a HAProxy and that it's farming.xxx.com for example. and generate all the URLs with this address that will allow to make it functional from inside as well as from the internet ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
s8080t

Re: [DEDICATED] network question about HAProxy

Post by s8080t »

Hi,

I don't quite get why do you put it behind HAProxy at all? For rewriting/revproxy? Loadbalancing with a pool size of 1 seems not that beneficial ;)
The dedicated server does not seem very sophisticated to me (you mentioned the server's address - best example), so I wouldn't spark too much hope on reverse proxy comaptibility...
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter
fab95

Post by fab95 »

yop,

why ... because i have only one IP public, many service, and with HAProxy i can expose all of them behind the classic port 80 and 443.

it's soon Christmas, you never know ;)

thank for your answer.
Herisio

Post by Herisio »

Assuming you'd want the admin interface accessible through farming.xxx.com,

Wouldn't you have to setup your proxy so that any incoming requests on ports 80/443 for farming.xxx.com should be directed towards the server running the dedicated?
If you're having clashes concerning the ports, i'd suggest changing the ports on which the admin interface listens, and do a mapping for farming.xxx.com:80 to internalip:customport

I'm not familiar at all with HAProxy or pfsense, but to my knowledge the purpose of a proxy is to be able to change your internal setup without having the internet know about it
davidvhz

Post by davidvhz »

fab95 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:50 pm hi everyone,

I am speaking to you today on a somewhat complex issue. I have installed at home a dedicated server farming simulator.

this machine is behind an advanced firewall router (a pfsense). so i did a NAT for the server functions, and everything works fine, you can join a part of it both locally and from the internet (besides it would have been nice to be able to indicate the server's address, it would have avoided to do NAT so that the internal clients could join the server, but I found a solution so no worries).

my concern is rather on the management part, the admin interface is accessible today behind a HAProxy, it is it which exposes the port 80 and 443 with X server behind and this url it sends back to one or the other.

The problem is that the interface does not allow, or I did not find the public url through which it is accessible, so I can not benefit from the API functionality etc...

Is there an option or a configuration file somewhere that allows to say that the admin interface is behind a HAProxy and that it's farming.xxx.com for example. and generate all the URLs with this address that will allow to make it functional from inside as well as from the internet ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Hi

Did you got everything to work here? My server is running and i can access the webgui through HAproxy with farming.domain.com. But the strange part with me is that login in through ipadress works fine but if i try with that domain name i see the website but cant login. After clicking login it just emptys the fields and thats it. Someone has the same issue or maybe a solution?
davidvhz

Post by davidvhz »

I have a strange Issue with my HAProxy

Everything works fine except login in through domain https://farming.domain.com after clicking login the fields go blank and thats it.
Login in local through IP works fine
Someone has the same issue or maybe a solution?
kamp

Post by kamp »

I have the same problem. I am using a nginx reverse proxy, but the Login does not work. It just empty the two fields and that is all... I would appreciate if anyone has a solution to share!
kamp

Post by kamp »

is there no solution from giantis? I mean, i bought it and it is not working...
FullForc3

Post by FullForc3 »

Same here. I am using
- steam version LS22
- nginx proxy manager

The webpage loads perfektly with https (internal and external). If you fill out Username/Password and press Login -> the page just resets and fields are blank.