husbandryAnimals.xml

Milance

husbandryAnimals.xml

Post by Milance »

FS19 has a file "husbandryAnimals.xml" where you can see how much food animals need per day, how much manure and slurry they produce etc..
I can't find any similar file like that in FS22..
Does anyone know where that file is?
cwattyeso

Re: husbandryAnimals.xml

Post by cwattyeso »

The vanilla base game file is now just known as "animals.xml" in FS22. However it's not easy to locate as it's not a standalone xml like a lot of the map files in the maps folder of the game. The animal.xml file along with animalfood.xml and animalnames.xml is contained within the dataS.gar file located inside the root of the installation folder. This file can not be opened and accessed by people, so you probably won't have much luck getting access to that file or seeing what it even looks like until some Map Maker releases a map with their own custom animal.xml file based on the default one, and no one will question how they accessed it.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

I don't think there are any hooks to those files in the map files, so it appears Giants did not want custom animals to become a thing in FS22. Giants Unauthorized map mods could do some pretty sick things with that capability. There are some youtube videos that go through dairy consumption and production rates, but its a bit variable based on the age of the animal. IIRC I believe mature cows consume 350L/month of TMR similar to FS19 'days'. Slurry/Manure may be the same as well. I suppose since animals don't die if not fed, they assumed it was ok to leave these important stats out of the game documentation for now.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

In FS22 a new animalSystems is used. Take a look at the script RealNumbersAnimalScaling.lua in RealLifeNumbers version 1.0.0.7 located at www.modhoster.com. In a comming version all parameters will be located in a modSettings xml file.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Milance

Post by Milance »

OK thank you all for these answers, it's clearer to me now... sorry for my poor english
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Here is the tutorial how to adjust lots of things in animals.xml file.
It seems someone managed to encrypt animals.xml file from $data folder.