Harvester HP

Helazak

Harvester HP

Post by Helazak »

In the game, a number of harvesters have the option to upgrade to more horsepower.
Do you actually notice a difference? They don't tow other equipment so they just have to haul themselves around. IRL I can imagine the need but in game why spend the extra cash?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
fenixguy

Re: Harvester HP

Post by fenixguy »

Role play, mostly but sometimes the bigger headers will bog down a lower HP combine. I did just rent an Ideal 9T and was using a 16-row corn head on it. It barely had enough HP to get moving and would slow to less than 2mph on any type of hill. I imagine a 10T would've done a little better but didn't test it.

But generally speaking, the wider the header, the more HP you need. This is true for IRL too. But IRL, it's more about threshing capacity rather than having enough HP to run the header. Extra crop coming in faster takes a lot of power to thresh.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

You need more hp to keep up your speed when working on a field that isn't flat
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

If you use mod CombineXP, you will need each and every HP on your harvester.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Thanks. That helps.

I like to metagame and I have been doing cost benefit analysis of the different harvesters (currently I have only done grass work on my own fields)
Looks like the best buy for the buck is the Rostselmash Nova 330 if your not in a rush and can pop by often enough to unload it.
But, if you want to increase your harvesting rate, the best overall buy is the CaseIH Axial Flow 9250. which is more cost effective than two Nova 330's
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

The horsepower does matter at times. Level surfaces it isn’t much of a factor. But steep terrain it plays a big part.