Community managers

chedly_farms

Re: Community managers

Post by chedly_farms »

Lol. Start a thread about gravity wagons. You know, asking Giants if they can make one or if there is any thought of bringing one to the game. Try to make is an actually constructive discussion. Hope to get an answer from one of the plethora of managers. Bump it so it can get noticed. Have it going for a month. Crickets from Giants. Then when you ask if Kermit actually exists and reads the discussions from American players since he is the American Manager and get it locked for spam. lol. Good times. But in the end, I got the best Parker Gravity wagons ever. Even without Kermit.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Alagos wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:01 pm The way some people are talking in here it's no wonder they feel like they only see the Community people when they're doing some moderating.
Criticism isn't a bad thing, as long as it's constructive. Most of the posts in here aren't.
Multiple angles of irony coming from a moderator who hasn’t had activity on this forum in over two years.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Ridley

Post by Ridley »

Alagos wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:01 pm The way some people are talking in here it's no wonder they feel like they only see the Community people when they're doing some moderating.
Criticism isn't a bad thing, as long as it's constructive. Most of the posts in here aren't.
To be fair I think you are perhaps being a little over defensive, the OP's question is a good one. Surely a community managers job is to engage with the community or else the role may as well not exist?
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Ridley wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:26 pm
To be fair I think you are perhaps being a little over defensive, the OP's question is a good one. Surely a community managers job is to engage with the community or else the role may as well not exist?
Lets put this into context...Alagos made their comment based on the thread as a whole, not just the OP. Therefore, if the thread didnt get sour from that point, then Alagos's comment wouldnt be warranted.

All of this is subjective/relative. This is a multinational community and toxicity, sarcasm, and immaturity all mean different to different cultures.
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

JDMFarms wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:24 pm probably on the youtubes since that is where a lot of where the community went in 2017 and beyond. I hear Kermit getting replied to in some live streams. Think about it from a macro level and not a micro level. If the bulk of your community is in the town hall but you set up in the school gym, how long will your community follow you?
Speaking of context, if you have a head office, then it probably makes good business sense have some presence there and not alienate those that don't go to the town hall.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Discord has forums now which makes it easier to engage with the community. The problem is that some places just don't want to catch up with latest communication.
Imo forums like this would be extinct within 5 years. The FS UK forum, is one of them
Guil

Post by Guil »

JDMFarms wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:24 pm
Burekcina wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:31 pm Can someone please tell me why do Giants have 3 or more community managers if they never engage with the community?

It says they should be active on forums and other social channels but haven't seen anyone here actively communicating EVER! Unless they have something to sell...and that is marketing, not manageing the community.

As a former forum Moderator, I just assumed community mgr was the forum's default title for god rights to the forum while moderators had fewer rights but admin had ultra god rights. i do know forum owners can change the titles and descriptions so there is that too.
Community manager here is just an admin with a different title. It was never a thing until Lisertan joined Giants in 2017.
Lisertan was very good for communicating with mods and would always try to answer any questions put to him. Can't say that continued with newer cm's