Tree flickering.

Ekan

Re: Tree flickering.

Post by Ekan »

This is still an issue, and driving me mad, is this ever goin to be solved?
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yes, and no...
We have seen a lot of flickering reported from folks, that also reports when asked, that their gpu are running at or very close too 100%
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

We're still investigation the exact cause / solution for that issue.
According to our knowledge, there is a synchronization issue between the CPU and the GPU buffers on some GPU in certain scenarios. So far we've seen this happen if the GPU is 100% utilized and the CPU is trying to render faster than what the GPU can handle. A potential work around is to reduce the framerate limit to be slightly lower than what the GPU provides (either use the options graphics menu or use the dev console command framerateLimiFPS). E.g. if you see 55fps, change the framerate limit to 50 or so.
Or you adjust the GPU heavy graphics settings (e.g. Shadow Quality, Resolution, apply DLSS/FSR) so that the GPU can render faster than the framerate limit.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Stegei wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:51 pm
We're still investigation the exact cause / solution for that issue.
According to our knowledge, there is a synchronization issue between the CPU and the GPU buffers on some GPU in certain scenarios. So far we've seen this happen if the GPU is 100% utilized and the CPU is trying to render faster than what the GPU can handle. A potential work around is to reduce the framerate limit to be slightly lower than what the GPU provides (either use the options graphics menu or use the dev console command framerateLimiFPS). E.g. if you see 55fps, change the framerate limit to 50 or so.
Or you adjust the GPU heavy graphics settings (e.g. Shadow Quality, Resolution, apply DLSS/FSR) so that the GPU can render faster than the framerate limit.
Ok, well ive gonna try play around with settings etc, I really dont want to lock FPS under 60. Ive noticed when I lock the season on march, the flickering stops. It seams it's only happens to Nvidia RTX cards.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
pm_nutrition

Post by pm_nutrition »

I had the same problem, it looks like an unmanaged shader-conflict.
The game doesn´t know which shader rules because of a bad check.
Maybe it´s to expensive building a workaraound by giants.

There is someone in the german forum with Tipps, who managed it manually.: viewtopic.php?p=1544494&hilit=flackern#p1544494

Hope it´s a helpful for you!? *fingers crossed*
Uncle_Orion

Post by Uncle_Orion »

Stegei wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:51 pm We're still investigation the exact cause / solution for that issue.
So i have to keep doing this each time i start up the game? Its been over a year this bug was reported by alot of people, and still no real fix?
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

I find this a little disappointing, I changed from xbox to gaming pc £1800 although probably out of date now, I still have an RTX 2070 super.
I haven't played much lately been waiting for a fix definitely can't afford to update again yet, so farm sim for me is fading away.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Hmmm, I run a gtx 1650, and as long as I keep the gpu load at 90% or less I keep the flickering away.
So, when you experience flickering, what is the load on your gpu?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

I think around 92% , I haven't played in a while, normal play is around 80 86%.
I'm no expert, but surely if the rate suddenly goes up to the 90s + then there's something within the game engine causing it ?
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

One thing I haven't been able to find an answer to yet is does the monitor have anything to do with it.
I have at the moment a 4k 60hz although I play at 1440 with DLSS set to quality.
Would I benefit with a 4k 144hz monitor, not necessarily to play in 4k.but to help smooth thing's, render latency at moment is around 16ms at 60fps ?
Roets01

Post by Roets01 »

I have a different issue all together I cut tree's with chain saw, or machines some stay gone and some if you move away from there is still a phantom tree where the one is that's been cut and if you save and reload the tree's seem to remain gone
sporadicsmiles

Post by sporadicsmiles »

Stegei wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:51 pm We're still investigation the exact cause / solution for that issue.
I have a question then. If it is a case that it is a mismatch in frame rate between CPU and GPU, why do the trees only flicker if I have a seasonal progression of the months? If I have a fixed visual month, no flickering. Trees flicker for me when there is an in game change of the colour. Going from green to red in autumn, or when there is frost on things. And it disappears if I use a fixed visual month. It feels like the game is flicking between two different foliage textures and is unable to pick one.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

sporadicsmiles wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:52 pm
It feels like the game is flicking between two different foliage textures and is unable to pick one.
True dat!! I noticed once hanging in a branch, that the orange colour is fine, but it's the green leaves that can't decide if they should be there or not..
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
FarmingBucket

Post by FarmingBucket »

delete the shader cache and the problem is solved
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

FarmingBucket wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:26 pm delete the shader cache and the problem is solved
If it was that easy nobody was complaining anymore. People, including me, have tried that and it worked for only 5 minutes. For me the fix was to get the visual month fixed to May.