Graphic Settings - Hardware Upgrades

FarmCatJenkins

Graphic Settings - Hardware Upgrades

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I just recently upgraded to a RTX 3070 ti and a 34" Samsung Odyssey G5 monitor. I was wondering if anyone has the same setup what graphics settings do you run to maximize your visuals?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Guil

Re: Graphic Settings - Hardware Upgrades

Post by Guil »

I'd use geforce experience to set it and then tailor it to your liking. A few percent higher or lower on some of the settings won't make a whole lot of difference to visuals but may help the game run better
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

I found my g force set the graphics to very high but the game didn’t run well, I set the graphics to medium and it looks and plays amazing, I’m using a 2060ti
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Yeah I did the optimize in GeForce but it set everything to max and I was running at like 30 fps. I fiddled with all the settings and made sure DLSS was on and got it down to where it’s running better. I still get like a two to three frame stutter but I’m guessing it may be a mod I have in game or something. I can never get a steady 60

olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

The stuttering could be anything. Especially if it's a map that has not gone through the quality checks to get on modhub.

That said, FS is mostly CPU bound. Few and fast cores are better than many cores.

3070 on a 34" (likely 3440x1440) should be good in general, but hard to say exactly what to expect.

If you can, enable DLSS. It helps a lot on performance and is visually just as good as not using DLSS.
crash

Post by crash »

Ryzen 1700 slightly overclocked and a rtx 2060 running on oc boost, or whatever its called in the interface. fractal design define s silent case stays pretty cool. Fps are around 40-60 @4k on umrv. Settings are high with some adjustment to the view distance etc. Think they are at 175% now. DLSS and such are off. Make sure windows and nvidia settings are set to performance modes and not power saving..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to toy around with tweaking my settings tonight. I know the stutter from 55-60 isn't much but it's oddly noticeable when its constant.
Quick question, if I recently updated my Nvidia driver should I delete my shader cache?