Testing new mods...

BostonJohnny1226

Testing new mods...

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

The following is how I go about testing new mods.
Mind you, I'm on PC, so I don't know if you can do this on console.

I have 2 mods folders: "mods" and "modsA", of course minus the " ". "mods" is my actual folder for my game mods, "modsA" is my test folder.

I have about 3gb of mods in my FS22 mods folder, I have no errors or problems with the game. But, now I want to add a new tractor, for example.

I'll add the tractor mod to my "modsA" folder. I'll rename "mods" to "modsB" and "modsA" to "mods".
Now, I only have the tractor mod in my "mods" folder and nothing else. I'll fire up the game and buy the tractor. I quit the game and now check the log.txt file for any errors. I checked the log and no errors---yay!

Now, I'll move the tractor mod to from "mods" to "modsB" and rename the files back to the original names, now the new tractor is in my actual "mods" folder. This way, if I start having any glitches or problems, it has to be because of the newly added mod tractor. We all know, some mods WILL conflict with each other. I've found that this process helps to narrow it down to finding the problem. If the game starts acting weird or glitchy, it gets deleted or "fixed", if I can do so.

I hope this helps.
Happy Farming!

Edit don_apple: topic moved from „General Discussion“ to „Guides and Tipps“.
Guil

Re: Testing new mods...

Post by Guil »

Surely it's much easier to just add it to your main mod folder and buy and quit. You know your log is clean so any issues have to be the new tractor or a conflict with an existing mod