Landscaping tools need an confirmation button

Helazak

Landscaping tools need an confirmation button

Post by Helazak »

So I am working the ElmCreek map, have bought the fields next to me across the creek and removed all the trees and brush between the two so I have a nice big field for mowing grass. But the creek has a few spots where the mower gets stuck. So I was experimenting with the landscaping tools to smooth out the rough spots for a better transition. Between adding a little dirt and smoothing I was getting the hang of it. Hold the button down and run a line and it all gets nicely placed.
Then I noticed that if you click the tool multiple times the area of effect gets bigger. Well that would save time so I made it bigger and tried to add a little dirt and smooth out a wider area. OMG my cash is gone and now I have a mountain where a creek used to be. Actually the creek is flowing up hill and over it. So I quicky exited the game without saving.
No luck.
It must have autosaved as I was leaving.
I just spent 60k making a mountain I now have to remove.

There really needs to be a "You are about to leave landscape mode. Are you sure you want to save your progress" message.

Where is the undo button!!!!

BBCode Full: Image
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Drmattymd

Re: Landscaping tools need an confirmation button

Post by Drmattymd »

The general concept is :
Save before starting landscaping
Turn off Autosave
Landscape
Save if desired result is achieved OR
Quit if you've made a mess of things
Playing on PC and PS4
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Currently the only way to undo is to save before starting any landscaping then turn off auto save and have at er. Then manually save at your desired intervals when pleased with your progress but always giving you the chance to quit and reset if you mess up.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Dave Ramsey calls stuff like this "stupid tax" The world imposes a tax for being stupid.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Consider this game graphic art. the game engine is nothing more than a complex image editor...different vehicles/implements are different image editing tools. with that said, like in any graphic art editor, save often. Like DrMatt said...save before, turn off autosave, edit save edit save edit save...
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

In addition to what other's have said, if you play on PC there's a mod to make landscaping and painting free. Its cheating, but i feel like i'm a lot more free to play around with the tools if i don't have to worry as much about fixing a mishap.
Zx6ram

Post by Zx6ram »

It would be nice to lock on to a coordinate so it would stay straight as you move and yes a conformation would be cool but a just a lock function I would be ok with
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Has anybody every invented a surveying mod? I do get a little OCD and like my lines to be straight when laying out a field or placing buildings.

JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

not sure about a mod but some have different techniques to help them with their OCD. Watch Farmer Cop and Farmer Klein...they are very detail oriented on in-game farm build gameplays
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

Kimpak wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:26 pm In addition to what other's have said, if you play on PC there's a mod to make landscaping and painting free. Its cheating, but i feel like i'm a lot more free to play around with the tools if i don't have to worry as much about fixing a mishap.
This is a must-have mod and I dont think it is cheating at all and the prices are ridiculous. Landscaping, painting and decorative items should be free or very low cost, especially considering how finicky the build-mode is anyway. The terrain brush is also way too sensitive.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

At a minimum, I'd say the auto-save timer should be suspended when in build mode.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Dim67 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:43 am I dont think it is cheating at all
I believe 'cheating' is grossly misused in this community. Simulations are based upon individual objectives, not necessarily industry standards. Yes, the sim author sets the environment up to industry standards (largely), but that is so the opportunity is there to play within industry standards if that is an individual objective. People/organizations simulate/recreate things to meet their objectives.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

It’s always interesting the limitations people put in our own mind about what’s right and wrong competitively. I mean when you think about it you’re using a giant paint brush to alter the landscape already hahaha
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

I would just use the government sub sign and get money to do landscaping.
XBOX/ FS22
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

JDMFarms wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:13 pm
Dim67 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:43 am I dont think it is cheating at all
I believe 'cheating' is grossly misused in this community. Simulations are based upon individual objectives, not necessarily industry standards. Yes, the sim author sets the environment up to industry standards (largely), but that is so the opportunity is there to play within industry standards if that is an individual objective. People/organizations simulate/recreate things to meet their objectives.
That's a very good point. I suppose with a game like this 'cheating' is very subjective. As long as you (and everyone else in multiplyer) are having fun that's the main point.