4x on console really giants.

dirt88

4x on console really giants.

Post by dirt88 »

modders have been trying to get 4x maps on console since fs17 but giants claim they don't why 4x maps STILL don't work. Dose giants really still know why 4x maps don't work after 7 years and 3 three game or dose giants not wont 4x maps on console
Decriptus

Re: 4x on console really giants.

Post by Decriptus »

I've been running romboz road since it got accidentally dropped for consoles...4x map..only issue I have is a little frame drop around deco trees which by the way happens on some standard maps I'm on a PS4 pro
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Decriptus wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:50 pm I've been running romboz road since it got accidentally dropped for consoles...4x map..only issue I have is a little frame drop around deco trees which by the way happens on some standard maps I'm on a PS4 pro
It happens on PS5 too. And the draw distances aren’t always good. The major differences: loading screen and slot counts. The beacons throw light off objects. But dropping frames happens with PS5.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Giants tests all mods for consoles, with a few exceptions, like brands they don't have a license for, and mods the modder don't want to have tested for consoles.
They have even tested 16x maps for console release.......

But unless it works, they can't really release it ( and when unknown serious errors shows up, the mods are quickly removed again), as making consoles crash isn't a good think for the future.

In other words, whenever a map bigger than standard passes muster, it'll be released to consoles
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Hello,

When Giants test my map 'Romboz Road', the map stay a very long perdiod in console testing status.
They asked me to fix all flag cast shadow and receive shadow. I've also seen console videos where textures were black.
I know that the map send a lot of errors in the log.txt file for console.
I think that with consoles the publisher cannot afford to have too many errors without it going back to Sony or Microsoft. Which is potentially a risk for the license of the game on those consoles.
Giants cannot fix the error on the X4 maps for a technical reason that cannot be fixed or at the cost of too much effort.
It's only my opinion, But we don't have the right explantation yet.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Even modders have tried and failed.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I’ve always wondered why no try a 3x???? I’m not even close to being a modder, but why would that not work or 2.5x map???????
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

a 4x map is 4 standard maps in a square.
You might get a bit more work to get things to be right is you're not making the whole map as a square. (base maps aren't 2x as some think by the way, they are the base that other sizes are measured against)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
dirt88

Post by dirt88 »

LittleWatt wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:33 pm
Decriptus wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:50 pm I've been running romboz road since it got accidentally dropped for consoles...4x map..only issue I have is a little frame drop around deco trees which by the way happens on some standard maps I'm on a PS4 pro
It happens on PS5 too. And the draw distances aren’t always good. The major differences: loading screen and slot counts. The beacons throw light off objects. But dropping frames happens with PS5.
romboz road is exactly why i don't believe on the consoles cant handle 4x story. giants just don't what to make 4x maps work.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

dirt88 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:20 am
LittleWatt wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:33 pm
romboz road is exactly why i don't believe on the consoles cant handle 4x story. giants just don't what to make 4x maps work.
It worked for some but not for all, thats the problem. Anytime they have tried to release 4x maps there have been issues, mostly with when you try to save I believe. And basically they arent going to have separate mods for xbox and ps, so if it doesnt work for one they arent going to give it to the other. What possible reason would there be for them not WANTING it to work?
Playing on PC and PS4
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

1351hrs on Romboz Road with barely a stutter on Series X, and like others have said it's near the deco trees. Otherwise no issues or crashes.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Prairie Farms Michigan didn't come to consoles due to many technical reasons. Romboz Road has 340MB which was released to console, while Prairie Farms Michigan is 205MB which didn't come to consoles.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:26 am Prairie Farms Michigan didn't come to consoles due to many technical reasons. Romboz Road has 340MB which was released to console, while
Hello,

Not excaclty, the first version 'console version' was only 203Mb to download.
I add many things later only for PC version to reach 340Mb.

If you have the console version, keep-it. You probably never saw that again :)
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Why would they “not want” another free feature added to their game? It wouldn’t make any sense. They’re playing inside the lines required by Sony and Microsoft. That’s the product you bought, a stable system that you can turn on and play anytime you like without worrying about something you’ve added destroying it. If you don’t like it you have the option to go to PC. Before anyone complains about the expense consider that you get what you pay for. Also for everyone saying 4x runs fine, that may very well be the case, I’m running a map that is kicking a few errors that aren’t giving me any issues right now either, but the point is you can’t see your log on console so you can’t really say there’s nothing in there that wouldn’t cause giants to have to reject it by console guidelines.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

I think a 4x map would be a problem on consoles. I’m strictly a console player, but I can admit a large map could be problematic. Even normal maps where many items are clustered together can cause problems. Or large fields not loading in until you’re right there could eventually be a huge issue. And thankfully we don’t really have large sections of flowing water. I think a 4x map would need to be incredibly dull to function well. I don’t want that. I want a beautiful, well functioning map that gives me freedom, and is intriguing and unique.