Relight

Decriptus

Relight

Post by Decriptus »

Modders, please stop ruining your awesome maps with relight. I don't know which modders came up with this, tested it on their map, looked at it and thought "hey ...if this hurts my eyes then everyone's eyes should hurt *insert evil laugh here*"
Mesocyclone

Re: Relight

Post by Mesocyclone »

You can change the custom lighting in the additional game settings in game very easy. You can set it to your own personal preference by setting it to whatever map lightning you like, elmcreek, haut beyleron or any other map you got installed installed.

So for example if you love the stars and sunsets on Calmsden map, you can have that on any other map by selecting it in the menu.

Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

We can do that on console?
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

No, and not on PC either, unless you use a mod.

Additional game settings is a mod. And a good one too, but not on consoles
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Noraf wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:31 pm No, and not on PC either, unless you use a mod.

Additional game settings is a mod. And a good one too, but not on consoles
My bad thought i always had that option, forgot it was a mod, i apologise.
Last edited by Mesocyclone on Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

I was gonna say unless I was completely missing an option somewhere that was one of my complaints about some of the maps I enjoy.

The biggest issue for me is the contrast is way overdone I guess I could try and change my TV settings but then it's just going to mess up every single other game that I play
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

It is lovely having multiple presets on the monitor ;)
Disadvantage is that my screenshots doesn't look like what i see when playing.

Also, relight and reshade aren't the same.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Noraf wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:09 pm Also, relight and reshade aren't the same.
Yup you right 🤦🏼 ,sorry again, i got a headache and can't think clearly today apparently. Sorry for the confusion.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

It's OKI just was hoping that you were able to point me in the direction of some magical option window that I hadn't found lol
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Lazarus99 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:25 pm It's OKI just was hoping that you were able to point me in the direction of some magical option window that I hadn't found lol
I wish for console players those additional settings were basegame.
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

We have our TVs setup for normal maps and maps with alternative lighting, plus setups for other games as well (Forza, Monster Hunter, Need For Speed, Ark)
Helps to have a mother-in-law in the home theater business lol

But in all seriousness, play with your TV or monitor settings till you get it to where you like it for that map, and if possible save it as a preset.
Some maps look better with HDR settings on low or off as well.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Mesocyclone wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:29 pm
I wish for console players those additional settings were basegame.
Would be nice !
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:16 pm We have our TVs setup for normal maps and maps with alternative lighting, plus setups for other games as well (Forza, Monster Hunter, Need For Speed, Ark)
Helps to have a mother-in-law in the home theater business lol

But in all seriousness, play with your TV or monitor settings till you get it to where you like it for that map, and if possible save it as a preset.
Some maps look better with HDR settings on low or off as well.
Have you been on Griffin map? I wanna change settings so that the shade sides of vehicles are not so dark, but was afraid it will wash out the other light side of stuff. I've never had to change this TV for anything and I'm not sure of I have presets that I can save. Or I'll take a pic of the settings. It's just odd how I can play any other game and everything looks amazing for ps4 standards but some of these maps hurt my eyes. Griffin has like a 4 hour window in the day where everything looks awesome and the rest of the time is contrast h e l l
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

Griffin is our server map, and it's took the absolute longest time to get everything to look right, but it was worth it. It's one of those maps that looks better with HDR off entirely (our LGs look hazy and washed out, except the reds, those REALLY pop). Before my nieces upgraded to the their Series S, we could never get it to look right on their One S, it always too dark or too bright.

I've said it many times, TV brands play a major part in how the game looks. When we had Phillips TVs we had never could get anything to look right. Samsung was a big upgrade, then we switched entirely to LG Nano. 2x 43" and one 60" in the bedroom and 2x 43" and 1 75" in the living room. Our server Series S is on a cheapy Walmart TV and there is no helping it lol
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

I got a Toshiba 43". Was on sale during covid after the Samsung 60" took a stuff after only a year and I had to fight Best Buy to do a warranty exchange because the odd squad kept cancelling the appointments to inspect it to try and fix for 3 months. I'd buy something else but I'm waiting until I get the basement room done to get a 75"+ depending on prices later this year. I have zero issues and love the way everything looks on the Toshiba but I will try what you said since I'm in for the long haul on Griffin. Thanks for your advice