Need help with modifying a mod

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Scaietele

Need help with modifying a mod

Post by Scaietele »

Hello peeps!

Hope somebody here has enough patience to help me on this one!

I really like the idea of a mod called Timber Plantation, but it annoys the hell out of me that it doesn't take normal/vanilla sapling and herbicide pallets. You have to buy them from the production menu OR use the ones the mod comes with. I have no idea how to contact the mod author to ask about it.

I tried going inside the files and changing some stuff around there, but I don't know how to mod, and it's clear that I'm not looking/modifying in the right place.

So this mod has an unload trigger for dumping manure, a player trigger for spawning logs, and a load trigger for filling you trailer with wood chips. Normally you bring your pallets at the unload trigger. And if you use the modded ones it works(even though the unload rate of the herbicide is really slow). From my understanding, if I want to be able to bring in vanilla pallets and have them magically disappear, I have to change the type of unload trigger maybe?!

I tried doing that by going inside the lumberjack.xml file and changing this line:

Code: Select all

<hotspot type="PRODUCTION_POINT" linkNode="unloadTriggerMarker" teleportNode="teleportNode" />
Into this:

Code: Select all

<hotspot type="UNLOADING" linkNode="unloadTriggerMarker" teleportNode="teleportNode" />
But it's not working.
I even downloaded the Giants Editor and opened the lumberjack.i3d file. The trigger itself looked a little low to the ground. So I expanded the trigger vertically.

Then I realized that the mod somehow overwrote the vanilla pallets, and the ones I had were an older version from before I installed the mod. So I deleted the xml files about fillTypes from inside the mod.... but still nothing.

Any ideas with this one peeps?! Like I said, I'm not a modder, I'm just a bloke that's annoyed at this one particular thing :(